What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Line-Up

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Alright, so I will probably get hassled for this for a few reasons... 2017 season isn't over, why bother speculate when recruitment isn't completed, haven't had a complete off-season yet etc etc.
But with 2017 past the halfway point and recruitment looking like it might start to wrap up soon, i'm keen to see everyone's sides for next year. We will have a lot of changes next year with players leaving and arriving.

This can include both a realistic team and/or a dream team you'd like to see (pending recruitment).

Here's mine -
Realistic team
1. Dufty/Mann
2. Macdonald
3. Lafai
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Ah Mau
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Sele
16. Host
17. New prop recruit

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I'm Keen to see the first team next year Mary's likely to have his love child Josh mcgroan cut and pasted in there .

Bench
It's the by week so it's all good. The fullback position is the big one for me. Is Dufty ready is the big question, McIdiot need to give Dufty some game time off the bench and not 5 minutes here and there.

Crush

Coach
Alright, so I will probably get hassled for this for a few reasons... 2017 season isn't over, why bother speculate when recruitment isn't completed, haven't had a complete off-season yet etc etc.
But with 2017 past the halfway point and recruitment looking like it might start to wrap up soon, i'm keen to see everyone's sides for next year. We will have a lot of changes next year with players leaving and arriving.

This can include both a realistic team and/or a dream team you'd like to see (pending recruitment).

Here's mine -
Realistic team
1. Dufty/Mann
2. Macdonald
3. Lafai
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Ah Mau
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Sele
16. Host
17. New prop recruit
I think thats exactly what the team will be. Only possible change would be Nightingale at fullback.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Future dream team (just for the lols) -

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Vunivalu
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Macdonald
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Haas
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Crichton
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Ah Mau
16. Leilua
17. Thompson

1st & 10

Juniors
My preferable team...... 1992 . Great mix youth and experience .

1 - potter

2- Walford
3 - M Coyne
4- Beattie (c)
5- Herron

6- P Coyne
7- Goldthorpe

13- Mackay
12- Gourley
11- Barnhill
10- Priddle
9- Collins
8- Tierney

Bench
T.Smith
Henjak
Hardy
Elliott
Wade
A Walker
Fullerton-Smith
Terp
McVean
Tallis (very young)

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Stop the Dreaming lads.Until this club is able to be able to pay its way it will not be able to attract the so called stars of the game as required. OK one here and there as Ben Hunt however on a whole we are behind most clubs nowadays attracting suitable players.

Lancelot:D

Life's Good

Coach
Stop the Dreaming lads.Until this club is able to be able to pay its way it will not be able to attract the so called stars of the game as required. OK one here and there as Ben Hunt however on a whole we are behind most clubs nowadays attracting suitable players.

Lancelot:D
Agree. Our last 2 big signings -Dugan & Marshall basically fell in our lap. Hunt was signed on good money(some would say overs but only a few really know). But getting Hunt has cost us Packer & Dugan when it shouldn't have(putting aside any politics around these 2).

SGMax

Juniors
Agree. Our last 2 big signings -Dugan & Marshall basically fell in our lap. Hunt was signed on good money(some would say overs but only a few really know). But getting Hunt has cost us Packer & Dugan when it shouldn't have(putting aside any politics around these 2).

Yep, I had hopes of building a stronger roster by adding a top line prop and attracting a star back like Tedesco. I thought we were heading for a genuine crack at a title with a couple of astute buys.

What eventuated? We lost a one of our best props and our only representative back and current fullback.
Teams like the Roosters have a good FB like Gordon, a future star FB like Latrell Mitchell and then still sign the best FB in the comp while retaining the other two!

The cap is failing through neglect and lack of genuine enforcement.
The NRL should not be registering contracts for players when they clearly don't represent the true value of the player (or when it is for less than offered by other teams).
Its a clear sign that there is rorting going on.

Life's Good

Coach
Yep, I had hopes of building a stronger roster by adding a top line prop and attracting a star back like Tedesco. I thought we were heading for a genuine crack at a title with a couple of astute buys.

What eventuated? We lost a one of our best props and our only representative back and current fullback.
Teams like the Roosters have a good FB like Gordon, a future star FB like Latrell Mitchell and then still sign the best FB in the comp while retaining the other two!

The cap is failing through neglect and lack of genuine enforcement.
The NRL should not be registering contracts for players when they clearly don't represent the true value of the player (or when it is for less than offered by other teams).
Its a clear sign that there is rorting going on.
I agree that the salary cap isn't working(I don't have a solution though)but our problems are self inflicted. We lack vision in balancing a squad with the right number of - stars, journeymen, juniors. TPA is one part but a forward thinking recruitment/retention/development plan is also needed and we simply lack that. We can't keep blaming external factors when a big cause of where we lie is internal - inept management(how I see it anyway).

Old Timer

Coach
Nighty at FB is a certainty for 2018.
Mc Gregor has had plenty of chances to do something constructive at the back but he always goes the same way.
Sad indictment of how ordinary and visionless we have become.

Walpole

Juniors
Future dream team (just for the lols) -

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Vunivalu
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Macdonald
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Haas
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Crichton
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Ah Mau
16. Leilua
17. Thompson
A "dream team" and you still have MacDonald?

BennyV

Referee
Nighty at FB is a certainty for 2018.
Mc Gregor has had plenty of chances to do something constructive at the back but he always goes the same way.
Sad indictment of how ordinary and visionless we have become.
I always giggle when people nominate Field, Mann or Dufty for fullback next year. Nightingale is a certainty.