What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Line-Up

Walpole

Juniors
I always giggle when people nominate Field, Mann or Dufty for fullback next year. Nightingale is a certainty.
I guess all you can do is laugh. After all, it's a well known fact that aging wingers lose whatever pace they had and turn into top class fullbacks in their 30s...

watatank

Coach
I guess all you can do is laugh. After all, it's a well known fact that aging wingers lose whatever pace they had and turn into top class fullbacks in their 30s...

Anthony Minichiello won a premiership at fullback at 33 so theres still hope..

Bench
McIdiot plays Nighty at fullback, one problem solved for Supercoach. One less decision regarding Dufty.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Alright, with the season wrapping up in a few rounds and our 2017 campaign looking all but over, I feel like now is as good a time as ever to start speculating over the 17 for next year.
The Tigers forum has had a thread like this running for ages, so i'd be keen to see people's thoughts on our squad for the 18 season and how those ideas/thoughts evolve over the next few months.

Here's my current thoughts:
1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Mann
4. Lafai
5. Nighty/Garrick
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. (New Recruit)
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Host/Sele
16. Ah Mau
17. Robson/Aitken/Leilua

With Lomax, Marsters, Field, Kerr, Herbert and Lawrie nipping at the heels of our regular first graders.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Alright, so I will probably get hassled for this for a few reasons... 2017 season isn't over, why bother speculate when recruitment isn't completed, haven't had a complete off-season yet etc etc.
But with 2017 past the halfway point and recruitment looking like it might start to wrap up soon, i'm keen to see everyone's sides for next year. We will have a lot of changes next year with players leaving and arriving.

This can include both a realistic team and/or a dream team you'd like to see (pending recruitment).

Here's mine -
Realistic team
1. Dufty/Mann
2. Macdonald
3. Lafai
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Ah Mau
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Sele
16. Host
17. New prop recruit

I'm fairly confident that recruitment for next season is already done and dusted.

What established player in his right mind would be tempted going to the Dragons knowing McGregor has been unjustifiably re-signed for another brace of seasons?

JDHD

Juniors
It'll be

Dufty
Nightingale
Aitken
Lafai
MacDonald
Widdop
Hunt
Ah Mau
McInnes
Vaughan
Frizzell
Thompson
De Belin

Sims
Host/Leilua/Lawrie/Sele
Mann
Front row recruit

denis preston

First Grade
I'm fairly confident that recruitment for next season is already done and dusted.

What established player in his right mind would be tempted going to the Dragons knowing McGregor has been unjustifiably re-signed for another brace of seasons?

Dragons playing the waiting game and I'm confident they will pick up a 8 or 9 as well as a speedy back. I also think that opposition players don't study the coaches that closely. even though they may be considering playing under them.Id say most of our players would say Mary is a good bloke so the fact that Mary is a shit coach may not be as important criteria as we think. Money is first second and third most important .

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Alright, so I will probably get hassled for this for a few reasons... 2017 season isn't over, why bother speculate when recruitment isn't completed, haven't had a complete off-season yet etc etc.
But with 2017 past the halfway point and recruitment looking like it might start to wrap up soon, i'm keen to see everyone's sides for next year. We will have a lot of changes next year with players leaving and arriving.

This can include both a realistic team and/or a dream team you'd like to see (pending recruitment).

Here's mine -
Realistic team
1. Dufty/Mann
2. Macdonald
3. Lafai
4. Aitken
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Ah Mau
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Sele
16. Host
17. New prop recruit

2017 was officially over when the Dumbf**ks handed McGregor a 2 year extension...

Dragon for life

Juniors
Hey Guys, rumours up here are that we are talking with Adam Blair. Anyone heard this?
Also hearing that Titans are offloading Neil Henry! If he comes on the market and we dont chase him I will not support Saints whilst d**khead is in charge. Don't care what it costs to pay him out. I'm sure if we all threw in to help out, no one would argue and would be willing to donate some coin for this too happen

Henry would never be considered and would probably get an assitants job some place else.

Blair has been mentioned and the Donkies will let him go if he gets a decent offer.

I wouldn't want to see Blair start over Ah Mau and i doubt he'd come to start on the bench.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Hey Guys, rumours up here are that we are talking with Adam Blair. Anyone heard this?
Also hearing that Titans are offloading Neil Henry! If he comes on the market and we dont chase him I will not support Saints whilst d**khead is in charge. Don't care what it costs to pay him out. I'm sure if we all threw in to help out, no one would argue and would be willing to donate some coin for this too happen

I think Blair will either stay at the Broncos or go to the Warriors.
There was a rumour on JA about Latu. He would be a good pick up if forced out of the Panthers.

Latu isn't going anywhere he said so himself.

Tagatese looks like going to Manly to replace lawrence.

Passi is still unsigned but I think Millward is still waiting.

I have no idea who he is waiting for and in the end I see him signing a few no names and fringe first graders.

Hell the Tigers have just signed Heath Gibbs and Sam McIntyre from the knights to very good young players.