What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership Thread

STORM.99/07

Bench
Why hasn`t the NRL ever pushed memberships.it seems it has`nt worried about it until the last few years. I have been a member of Storm since 98 season.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Why hasn`t the NRL ever pushed memberships.it seems it has`nt worried about it until the last few years. I have been a member of Storm since 98 season.

With leagues club backing for most clubs it was never really required

Now these leagues clubs are giving less $$ to their football operations , clubs needed another source of revenue

It's a different history to the AFLs
Who had a 20 year head start with memberships
But these AFL clubs, mainly Melbourne ones , are now opening up licensed premises & getting poker machine licenses , some 60 years later then Sydney's NRL clubs did.

Odd how things pan out

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They started pushing them around ten years ago and there's been progressive growth since. I dare say it was largely because leagues clubs for the most part funded NRL clubs. Clubs realised that might not always be around and look to increase revenue in other ways, the most obvious being membership

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
They started pushing them around ten years ago and there's been progressive growth since. I dare say it was largely because leagues clubs for the most part funded NRL clubs. Clubs realised that might not always be around and look to increase revenue in other ways, the most obvious being membership

I remember (it might have been 2009) when theNRL really began to push memberships...

Souths and Dragons were top of the pile and fighting to see who could hit 10k first.

Now 10k is considered a bit pathetic (Its nice when some of RL cultural norms change form the better)...

beave

Coach
NQ fans need to get their ass in gear. Those numbers for us are f**king pathetic considering what we did last year and the expectations/JT final season in 2018. Im hoping the numbers are actually higher and they’re just giving out bullshit figures........

taipan

Referee
The
NQ fans need to get their ass in gear. Those numbers for us are f**king pathetic considering what we did last year and the expectations/JT final season in 2018. Im hoping the numbers are actually higher and they’re just giving out bullshit figures........

They haven't updated at least since 15/1,wouldn't panic at this stage.Unless it was an organised panic.

Emu01

Juniors
I wonder if the Nrl could offer incentives for members that actually go to games.

Take Souths for example. 26k members but they hardly attract fans to their games they are lucky to attract 10k..

Something like a reduction in next years membership if you actually attend 5 games and even more off membership if you attend 10 games.

I’m sure they could come up with some good insensitivs for the loyal fan at the same time boosting bums on seats and a better spectacle.. Any ideas?

Canard

Immortal

My two cents.

The club done f**ked up, post GF there wasn't the option of buying all membership levels. Which is atrocious timing

I'll get one again this year, but because of the poor set up, and Xmas/Summer I've not bothered to go back to the website after weeks of "membership type not available yet" responses.

beave

Coach
I wonder if the Nrl could offer incentives for members that actually go to games.

Take Souths for example. 26k members but they hardly attract fans to their games they are lucky to attract 10k..

Something like a reduction in next years membership if you actually attend 5 games and even more off membership if you attend 10 games.

I’m sure they could come up with some good insensitivs for the loyal fan at the same time boosting bums on seats and a better spectacle.. Any ideas?

A set of new teeth if Souffs members turn up to more than 3 games???

Canard

Immortal

This discussion is new.

beave

Coach
My two cents.

The club done f**ked up, post GF there wasn't the option of buying all membership levels. Which is atrocious timing

I'll get one again this year, but because of the poor set up, and Xmas/Summer I've not bothered to go back to the website after weeks of "membership type not available yet" responses.

I lowered my membership commitment from the away ticketed to just the away. I fly up from Brissy 3-4 times a season and I’ll just get my own tix for the Broncs/Tits away games. The away ticketed membership used to include 2 away tickets but now only one so IMO not worth it. Not whinging about it, I know for a while there they were losing money on some of the away memberships because of the merch and the 2 game tickets (depending on the away game picked by the member)

Side note, I ordered a membership for me and my old girl with both having the $30 online voucher at the leaguesy merch shop instead of the chincy standard merch pack.

Mine arrived a week ago, old girls is no where to be seen.

Mine arrived without the $30 voucher......

Cowbs membership team killing it...........

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
From what I can see the clubs that left it later to go on sale are the ones suffering in the numbers department now.

Latest posts