What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership Thread

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Just in regards to membership drives, that whole of Edwin Flack Ave outside ANZ Stadium should be lined with all 16 NRL clubs membership tables/booths. Same as when they were at Luna Park on Thursday. Both events were fun and fine...but the NRL needs to keep improving and getting more people engaged.

If they set it up on GF day, they could sign new members, sell season tickets, sell end of season merchandise, etc.

They could have players - you know, the ones who are actually employed by the club - to participate in a range of activities with fans.

They could do NRL show bags for kids with little bits and pieces in it.

The one thing I loved was them handing out Cowboys and Storm flags to members on Sunday. I'll admit, I lied and got one of each for my kids. But fug me if they haven't stopped waving them, talking about the GF etc since.

The whole precinct should be NRL / RL / GF fever with everyone celebrating.

Anyway...just my two cents worth. I've ordered my 5 Souffs memberships. Gives me up to 4 away games in 2018 with reciprocal rights...and "more could be added". I'm guessing it's Dogs, Eels, Tigers and probably Saints out of ANZ. Still...I'll go to those games on a reciprocal rights. And since we take a game to Perth and a game to Cairns, it more than makes up for it.

I also think the NRL misses a trick by mot having an NRL membership / ticket. Imagine having a 5, 10, 20 game pass and you can go to any NRL game, anywhere in the country (***conditions apply)?

Just my two cents worth.
NRL Memberships would be a good option if you want to attend a selection of games across multiple teams. The same with AFL memberships here. A good thing with them is that you can nominate your preferred team and a % of that membership paid gets sent to your team so you are still giving them a contribution for your membership.

Just in regards to membership drives, that whole of Edwin Flack Ave outside ANZ Stadium should be lined with all 16 NRL clubs membership tables/booths. Same as when they were at Luna Park on Thursday. Both events were fun and fine...but the NRL needs to keep improving and getting more people engaged.

If they set it up on GF day, they could sign new members, sell season tickets, sell end of season merchandise, etc.

They could have players - you know, the ones who are actually employed by the club - to participate in a range of activities with fans.

The only issue I see with your suggestion is a logistical one. Under their collective bargaining agreement (and as such it is stipulated in their contracts) all NRL players are required to be given 6 weeks annual leave, with most of that being taken at the end of the season (and the RLPA want to increase this to 8 weeks). Due to things such as clubs seasons finishing at different times, end of season rep games, pre-season training and the like, you may find it logistically difficult to get players there as many will be on leave at this time.

The only issue I see with your suggestion is a logistical one. Under their collective bargaining agreement (and as such it is stipulated in their contracts) all NRL players are required to be given 6 weeks annual leave, with most of that being taken at the end of the season (and the RLPA want to increase this to 8 weeks). Due to things such as clubs seasons finishing at different times, end of season rep games, pre-season training and the like, you may find it logistically difficult to get players there as many will be on leave at this time.

If that's the case, then so be it.

I still think the players want the money but don't want to make the money. Fan engagement is more important than most ads etc.

beave

Coach
E594B00D-1FBA-45E9-BA6C-11AE3CCE18E7_zpswnb10hsf.jpg

There it is 22,278

Pedge1971

First Grade
What I find weird, you get a lanyard in your membership pack but the season tickets in 2018 are e-tickets. If you have an e-ticket you don't need lanyards.

Its for the photo of Mitch Pearce, Albert and a dog in an awkward situation.

Comes after the cash goes through and you guys deserve it.....

H.H

Juniors
I knew you'd ask that but I can't sorry mate. Was in the letter they sent to members re. the renewals.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
NRL Memberships would be a good option if you want to attend a selection of games across multiple teams. The same with AFL memberships here. A good thing with them is that you can nominate your preferred team and a % of that membership paid gets sent to your team so you are still giving them a contribution for your membership.

I’ve been wanting this to happen for a while now. If the Nrl, the home team and the stadium operator had a closer relationship the Nrl could also use empty corporate suites etc as chances to schmooze big business. Something the afl do very well.

Latest posts