What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R1 Sat - Wests Tigers 10-8 Roosters @ ANZ

Round 1: Wests Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

super_coach

First Grade
Just back from the game, being a Tigers fan I am over the moon with the win, but I am also worried where our points are going to come from as the season rolls on. The Chooks did not ask many questions in attack, and the Tigers kept smashing them with aggressive defence. Cronk looked very good, Tedesco was just average at best.
Still think Chooks will be top four, but little or no chance of winning it

Lambretta

First Grade
9 penalties conceded by the Roosters and 12 errors made
If you give the ball away 21 times in a single game you deserve to be thumped.

Is there another side as dumb as us?

The penalty conceded on the wing after winger kicked was the epitome of thick. Tedesco had it covered up. There was no reason to put a shot on after he kicked.

Result, 6 more tackles and a try conceded.

Mensa can put their f**king feet up. They will get no new members from ESDRLFC

Lambretta

First Grade
Hopefully. Reminds a little of round 1 2013 when we got belted by souffs and everyone gave sbw and Jennings a hiding. We were woeful and tigers deserved the victory but there’s a long way to go.

Except in that game we were beaten by Premiership favourites and genuinely good side

Total we gave an average side 2 points by beating ourselves.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Except in that game we were beaten by Premiership favourites and genuinely good side

The roosters played as well as Wests allowed as well.

Round 1, thrilled to get a win against a real bogey team. Plenty of challenges in the month ahead. 2 wins from the next 4 games would be immense imo.

Cockosh

Juniors

I did consider that but souffs thumped us that day whereas we lost by 2 at the death. I’m confident we’ll bounce back as we gel. Tedesco can’t be worse. Keary back and Tupou gone.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'm in two minds...

One the one hand it's only round 1; but on the other we were absolutely awful.

The coaching and game plan in attack has me worried.

We have so many weapons but didn't even try to use them.

Very concerning.

Execution was not there in attack, that combined with errorsed and some very good defence by the Tigers cost us the game.

I think we missed Keary to be honest, as Cornish's game is too similar to Cronk's. Had he been available, we might have seen the ball go to the left a bit more often - Latrell Mitchell was all but catching a cold in attack as the ball rarely went out to him, and Tupou only saw it coming off his own line.

Also not sure if starting Cordner from the bench was wise, but hey, what do I know?

Congrats to the Tigers they deserved the win.