What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R10 Fri - Knights 18-29 Panthers @ McDonald Jones

Round 10: Knights v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Better than 5 wins and 4 losses? With our terrible draw for the first 9 rounds (only 3 home games) that's a pretty solid effort for a team that won the spoon the past 3 years.
A team that's lost its million dollar halfback, too. Bit rough to expect more than what we've provided thus far. The squad is still a work in progress, there's still more chaff to be culled.

Noname36

First Grade
I just thought they would slightly higher up the ladder - others thought so too.
Still, I didn't think my team would be running last either.
It's early days though.

Jesus lol. They’re coming off 3x spoons, have had the worst possible draw, brand new team trying to gel, lost their most important player and have still won more than they’ve lost. You’re a tough marker. Most had us improving to bottom 4 at best so there can’t have been many of you thinking they haven’t met expectations.

ed-grimley

Bench
Jesus lol. They’re coming off 3x spoons, have had the worst possible draw, brand new team trying to gel, lost their most important player and have still won more than they’ve lost. You’re a tough marker. Most had us improving to bottom 4 at best so there can’t have been many of you thinking they haven’t met expectations.
f**k - it wasn't meant as a criticism.

blaza88z

Coach

Ponga is your most important player and you know it

Noname36

First Grade
Ponga is your most important player and you know it

You’re confusing most talented/best with most important. Pearce organises the whole side that allows Ponga to do his thing. That’s why halfbacks are paid the big bucks and why you blokes have struggled at times without a genuine #7.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’d be devastated if Ponga went down and have a similar meltdown to the one I had when we lost Pearce. I know Pearce cops a lot of critism, especially for his work at Origin level, but he’s been huge for the Knights and we’ve struggled without him.

Panthers should get home on Friday because despite all their injuries they should have too much stability with Maloney to get home where our young halves just can’t do that. Even down on troops their lineup still looks damn impressive. Especially the back row.

This Year?

Immortal
I would love to see the Knights bounce back with a win but I think Penrith have too much quality across the park. Should be a good game and the Knights will hold a good account of themselves.

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers should implement things for this match that have been our major failing in matches:

1/ Ball security. A vast improvement needed here.

2/ Offside penalties.Especially when we have the side pinned within their 20 metre line. These are cruicial mistakes which can turn a game nearing fulltime.

3/ Respect for the refs. Stop the dating interview with the refs every time we get penalised. They'll respect you more for it and penalise you less.

Of course all this is a pipedream being that it will all be ignored,and we will again rely on winning the 2nd half. (again)

pantherz9103

First Grade
We can't afford to have to keep chasing teams down with a depleted team. If we start a bit better we can get over the Knights but if not Ponga & Co will make us pay.

Rabbits20

Immortal
This game is so important for us. We have Tigers & Dragons (home) and Roosters & Raiders (away) to come. Hopefully we have Cleary back for all four. Regardless, we need to bounce back after last week's loss or else we could face a form slump given the sides we have to face in the coming weeks (granted Wests aren't in the best form).

1. Our pack will need to monster theirs which is underrated.
2. Maloney, I think, can win this game for us as the Knights lack the dominant and experienced play maker that we have in Maloney.
3. If we shut down Ponga (much harder said than done) the Knights won't have much in attack. Get JFH to smash him like he did Thurston.
4. Hopefully our edge defence tightens up more this week.

With all that said, I honestly think we will win this if Maloney steps up and takes control. If not, Knights are a very tough prospect at home.
Mate shutting down Ponga is bloody tough. Give him even a second and that's enough for him. The kids a freak!

I don't know who to tip!

Gotta be question marks around Merrin!

Ponga will try catch your inexperienced wingers out.

I don't like the look of the Penrith bench.

The thing you have going for you guys is a stronger halves pairing!!

I may need to flip a coin for my tip!