What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R7 Sun - Sharks 26-22 Panthers @ SC Group

Round 7: Sharks v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rabbits20

Immortal
For once R20, I agree with you. But in saying that, Tamou lets us down every week. He is a complete plodder. If he played hard and to 70% of his ability week in week out, he would be one of our best forwards.
You'll be right mate.

You'll get the Dogs next week!

I wouldn't worry yet if I was you.

Frankus

Juniors
Fifita was probably our best forward, but that was much better from Prior. Defended like his good 2016 games. For a guy who is realistically the "least fancied" starting forward in our team (most weeks, not this week) we really need him to play like that.

Moylan had his best game for us. I know Panthers fans don't rate him at 5/8, but he seems best there for us (though we haven't had a stable spine yet, so it is hard to tell).

Maloney was very dangerous at the end, and kept the Panthers in it. When he and Cleary are both playing in form, the Panthers should be very scary.
I will have to watch the replay but on first watch, Prior was awesome. His defence was sublime. He doesn’t do much with the ball but if he defends like that each week, he doesn’t need to.

wibble

Bench
I will have to watch the replay but on first watch, Prior was awesome. His defence was sublime. He doesn’t do much with the ball but if he defends like that each week, he doesn’t need to.

Much like RCG, Prior is at his best with high line speed, when he is hitting and sticking at a high ratio. He did that today and it goes a long way to our defense being solid when he is plugging up the middle like that.

Frankus

Juniors
You'll be right mate.

You'll get the Dogs next week!

I wouldn't worry yet if I was you.
Oh I’m not worried mate, I had a feeling we would lose this one. However I think we have our best chance in over a decade of going all the way. But if we are to do that our big $$$ players apart from Maloney need to step up and pull their finger out.

Frankus

Juniors
Much like RCG, Prior is at his best with high line speed, when he is hitting and sticking at a high ratio. He did that today and it goes a long way to our defense being solid when he is plugging up the middle like that.
His defence from the inside was fantastic. Watch the replay and see how many inside balls and plays he shuts down. I counted at least 4, which is phenomenal from a prop who plays 60+ minutes.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oh I’m not worried mate, I had a feeling we would lose this one. However I think we have our best chance in over a decade of going all the way. But if we are to do that our big $$$ players apart from Maloney need to step up and pull their finger out.
Out of the current top 4 I'd prefer and respect you guys moreso over the other 3.

wibble

Bench
Out of the teams just out of the 8 the side that worries me most is the Sharks.

We are so inconsistent. The last 18 months we have played some great games in tough circumstances, and played some terrible football with everything going our way.

I don't think that will change this year, but if we string together a few good games in a row at the right time, we could be dangerous.

Too many teams playing well most games this year though, patchy play isn't likely to cut it.

OldPanther

Coach
Fifita was probably our best forward, but that was much better from Prior. Defended like his good 2016 games. For a guy who is realistically the "least fancied" starting forward in our team (most weeks, not this week) we really need him to play like that.

Moylan had his best game for us. I know Panthers fans don't rate him at 5/8, but he seems best there for us (though we haven't had a stable spine yet, so it is hard to tell).

Maloney was very dangerous at the end, and kept the Panthers in it. When he and Cleary are both playing in form, the Panthers should be very scary.

That's because 5/8 will be Moylan’s best position if he can stay there consistently.

ed-grimley

Bench

Maloney was very dangerous at the end, and kept the Panthers in it. When he and Cleary are both playing in form, the Panthers should be very rscary.
Prior is
Totally agree - this guy does a ton of work in attack and defence. Good to see him rewarded for his efforts.
On another note Moylan's tackle that stopped Yeo in his tracks a few metres out from the line saving a certain try was pretty good.

Moylan is a 5/8 and should have been playing there since 2015

Latest posts