What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R8 Wed - Dragons 24-8 Roosters @ Allianz

Round 8: Dragons v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Life's Good

Coach
Well played saints. Too good for us. Wish the atmosphere was like that every week.

Not in any way blaming the result on this but how the hell do they award that try to McDonald and how does McInness not get binned? Mind boggling.
It was a sh*t decision that should see whoever made it get a rest for a few weeks. Sutton has come out & said they got it wrong.
As for McInnes that’s one of those that a player will get binned for next week.

_Johnsy

Referee
Well played saints. Too good for us. Wish the atmosphere was like that every week.

Not in any way blaming the result on this but how the hell do they award that try to McDonald and how does McInness not get binned? Mind boggling.
Agree re: try. How that is awarded is laughable.

McInnes getting binned is a tad extreme, moves 1/2m & hits him with his hip. If that is a sin bin offence, then Cronks effort to change direction & dive in front with his arms extended like superman to obstruct a player attempting to ground the ball deserves a 2 week stint on the sidelines. I'd imagine that prospect would please some chooks fans ATM.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Do roosters supporters feel better now that the NRL admitted they f**ked up? It’s like shitting on someone’s lawn and then apologising the next morning after they’ve cleaned it up.

Knight76

Juniors
Just another grey area the NRL introduces.

It shouldn't come down to fingers on the ball, it comes down to control. You have to have control of the ball, the ball floating through the air after it slipping from your grip is not control.

Consider if the ball is clearly dislodged, the player has to regrip it to show control, yet in the above try, no regripping was necessary as there was a fingertip attached.

Control, you must have control.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Just another grey area the NRL introduces.

It shouldn't come down to fingers on the ball, it comes down to control. You have to have control of the ball, the ball floating through the air after it slipping from your grip is not control.

Consider if the ball is clearly dislodged, the player has to regrip it to show control, yet in the above try, no regripping was necessary as there was a fingertip attached.

Control, you must have control.

Obviously the grey area with Nene’s try is whether or not the separation was enough to be considered out of control though. If I remember correctly, he still had fingers on the ball the whole time which technically means he’s grounded it without completely losing the ball. Which could’ve been why the Bunker called it a try.

Cockosh

Juniors
Agree re: try. How that is awarded is laughable.

McInnes getting binned is a tad extreme, moves 1/2m & hits him with his hip. If that is a sin bin offence, then Cronks effort to change direction & dive in front with his arms extended like superman to obstruct a player attempting to ground the ball deserves a 2 week stint on the sidelines. I'd imagine that prospect would please some chooks fans ATM.
I only say McInnes should’ve been binned based on the precedent they set the week before with binning Latrell Mitchell for taking Foran out. They are either both sin bins or both aren’t. Anyway like I said not the reason we lost. I honestly don’t think we would have scored two tries even if nene try was disallowed.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Saints were by far the better side but bull sh*t decisions like Nene’s try being allowed is turning me off Rugby League which I have been following for 50 years, we have two refs now and a bunker which can look at anything in the game, show different angles, watch in slow motion and can view it a 100 times if they want but they still get it wrong week in week out, give me the old days when we had one ref and two touch judges and they had to make a split second decision and you could cop it on the chin if they made a wrong decision because they didn’t have the luxury of being able to send it to the bunker or be able to see it on replay . With the use of technology these days in the game the stuff ups should just about be zero but we still seem to be having howlers of decisions week in week out.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
How I see it, yes. We are battling mental demons from last years fade out. We would have lost this game last year(actually we do). We needed to exorcise those demons & we did(as with the Bunnies game a couple of weeks back).
We might be growing as a team.

Saints kept on dropping the ball and giving the Roosters the ball in great field position but the Saints goal defence was awesome and you could see how frustrated the Roosters were when they couldn’t break it.

isaiah

Bench

Roosters certainly made a statement about their season. It was that we might finish top four but our results will not reflect the salary sombrero we are forced to endure.

Latest posts