What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Round 1 v Souths at Perth

Scott

Bench
I see Anthony Gelling has travelled. I'd like to see him thrown in straight away in the centres.

Blair

Coach
Ugh. UGH. f**k.

Gelling, Papalii and Afoa (presumably Sao as well) are on the plane to Perth, who's going to play behind the ruck at 13? Afoa did it v the Dragons last year and fairly sure more people passed through him than the Waikato Stadium gates that night.

We need to stop being that side that collapses if a certain forward, or a certain back, is missing.

You know the two fellows I'm referring to.

F*ck. We barely have any depth in the back row, and already down our best forward. I think he was going to be named in the 11 jumper, I bloody hope Paasi is playing.

And despite being a massive running joke in the NRL, no doubt Kata and Ken will both be named.

Kata travelled but didnt trrain in the open session

Blair

Coach
Big heart, ultimate team man, can plug any hole and is keen

It sounds like more than a few of last year's reserve grade had those qualities. The Warriors' 'culture' was often questioned (I've done it too) but we never saw that in the reserves. I wonder where the disconnect happens, between firsts and reserves?

Sometimes it's like two different clubs.

Last edited:
Heard Luke and Lisone got into fisticuffs at the opposed training session, had to be seperated and Kearney made them hug it put afterwards. Hope Lisone knocked Lukes teeth out

Blair

Coach
Did you see the Titans trial game? He looked well ready for the big time. Big metres up the middle and scored a try.

No, I just really clocked on for the year yesterday. I'll take your word for it, it's really good news that some of last year's reserves are looking the goods for firsts.

Afterall, remember Mooks said he couldn't change his underperforming team last year because there was 'no one else to choose from'?

Blair

Coach
Heard Luke and Lisone got into fisticuffs at the opposed training session, had to be seperated and Kearney made them hug it put afterwards. Hope Lisone knocked Lukes teeth out

We can take this a number of ways.

1. A hopelessly divided squad, with poisonous personalities affecting the team.
2. Two players, representing everyone, just dying to get the season started.
3. Two players who want to be numero uno badass.
4. Just a bustup at training. It happens.
5. Luke feeling the heat for his starting spot. Took it out on an easy, and willing target, Sam.
6. Both players arguing about who can clock off first.
7. What's the best feed, Pork and Puha or KFC? It was all downhill from there.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I don't see an issue with that, although admittedly I wasn't there. Those sort of things can happen in team environments from amateur to 'professional' (see what I did there)

Maybe Lisone was telling Issac Luke that the guy who took his Kiwis jersey can't even make Newcastle's 17 this year, and showed him the Intrust Cup draw just so he was aware of where he might play this season. Then Issac said 'see you there'.

Rich102

Staff member
Typical Lisone - picks a smaller guy. Nice to see Luke still has a bit of fight in him.
For me this is a positive sign - better than a silly grin and Yea Bro.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Typical Lisone - picks a smaller guy. Nice to see Luke still has a bit of fight in him.
For me this is a positive sign - better than a silly grin and Yea Bro.

Combined with the fact Luke looked fit and willing in the trial game I’ll take it as a sign he’s hungry and competitive.

JJ

Immortal
Did I really read that, the master coach made them hug? Seriously? FMD

Latest posts