What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

thorson1987

Coach
Great stats. What were the 16k games? I'm hoping the NRL in some form another goes through stats like this to determine what works and what doesn't (within the constraints of other things of course like form, weather and TV ratings).

I think one was against Brisbane on a Sat night in 2015. Seemed really packed that night.

Stallion

First Grade
Well an afl women's game has out drawn 2 nrl games by over double. Today .

What a time to be alive .. :rofl::rofl:

In all seriousness though the fact that the nrl is still considering not actually putting any money into nrlw is laughable..

Agree with the poor regard the NRL is giving the womens game. It reeks of minimizing the strongest growth area of the code. Their should be at least 8 teams in the current Womens comp. And now we have the NRL pulling funding from a very worthy facet of this code. It's a poor reflection on the thinking within the NRL to date. Other codes are putting women's participation out there in the public eye yet the NRL is procrastinating and sadly embarassing the code in this scenario.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Great stats. What were the 16k games? I'm hoping the NRL in some form another goes through stats like this to determine what works and what doesn't (within the constraints of other things of course like form, weather and TV ratings).

The first game was against the Gold Coast on a Saturday night, surprisingly.
It was Round 23, 2016 with both teams pushing into the top 8.

The other in Round 11, 2014 vs the Broncos with the Tigers in the 8.

HHH

Juniors
I get turn around times and tv, all need to be considered , how easy would it of been to swap the thursday game to Panthers vs Storm.
It would of still sold out and looked way better on tv, with the broncos then having a saturday night game. would of added 15000 to the round just there.

unforgiven

Bench
I get turn around times and tv, all need to be considered , how easy would it of been to swap the thursday game to Panthers vs Storm.
It would of still sold out and looked way better on tv, with the broncos then having a saturday night game. would of added 15000 to the round just there.
It wouldn't have rated as well though!

Billythekid

First Grade
Both pretty average crowds really and the south’s one was just plain bad.

It wouldn't have rated as well though!

Ratings time seem to always dictate the game anyway. Really the best rated games are usually those involving games between sides from 2 different states. Yet we still end up getting games like sharks vs dragons on a Thursday night despite the fact that it doesn’t rate nearly as highly as interstate matches.

Local derbies should not be played on Thursday night, period.

Not that Thursday nights totally excuse the shit crowds we’re getting but it would be nice to see some logic being applied.

Vee

First Grade
Both pretty average crowds really and the south’s one was just plain bad.

Ratings time seem to always dictate the game anyway. Really the best rated games are usually those involving games between sides from 2 different states. Yet we still end up getting games like sharks vs dragons on a Thursday night despite the fact that it doesn’t rate nearly as highly as interstate matches.

Local derbies should not be played on Thursday night, period.

Not that Thursday nights totally excuse the shit crowds we’re getting but it would be nice to see some logic being applied.
It is - The Logic of Money.

Valheru

Coach
Thursday @ the SCG this week vs Broncos.

What is everyone's pass mark for this?

If we get 10,000 we should be commended given clubs who allegedly have way bigger supporter bases like dragons and souffs have got ~10k in similar slots.

Weather looks iffy at the moment too.

Marlins

Juniors

If we get 10,000 we should be commended given clubs who allegedly have way bigger supporter bases like dragons and souffs have got ~10k in similar slots.

Weather looks iffy at the moment too.
I don’t know what a pass mark should be.
It’ll probably draw 6k with rain, and just under 10k, with fine conditions

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Given the average crowd across the year, anything below 15k should not be considered a pass unless the capacity for the stadium is below that. We have to hold games to a higher standard and not make constant excuses.

greenBV4

Bench

If the smart kid in a class fails does that mean all everyone else has to do to pass is beat them?

lasts years average was 15k, I'd say thats the pass mark every club should be trying to beat

Latest posts