What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

GAZF

First Grade
The NRL gave strict guidelines stating the text colour could be white or (for those familiar with pantone colours) Cool Grey 1c.

Also, the list of usable logo colours were standardised so that clubs couldn't simply use the bulldogs blue, it had to be the pantone blue that the NRL stated.
So pretty much any design with significant white on the chest will have text bleeding into the background. Seems odd to place such harsh restrictions on an identity that's supposed to be flexible by design.

gzerounian

Juniors
Now that I have seen the final version of it being presented in badge form (a shield within a shield) I am liking it. I have experimented with many colour combinations they could have gone with and they all look good. The old NRL colours or even a gold one for grand finals?

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 1.28.05 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 1.18.43 pm.png

Last edited:

sempmrh

Juniors
I feel like I’m going back and forth on this new Telstra Premiership logo. I like it as white on black but I’m not loving how it looks on the jerseys. I think the previous Telstra Premiership logo provided better balance and I prefer the colours to contrast. This new logo gets lost, especially when the club logos aren’t simple two colour designs to match (and I wouldn’t want that either).

This morning I saw someone wearing a pair of footy shorts (Souths shorts in Melbourne - go figure) with the standard NRL logo (not the Telstra Premiership logo). It looked a lot better and was immediately recognisable as being NRL. I think that’s kinda helped swing me back to the ‘this logo is bad’ side of things.

I guess we’ll see how the rest of the teams look.

GAZF

First Grade
Now that I have seen the final version of it being presented in badge form (a shield within a shield) I am liking it. I have experimented with many colour combinations they could have gone with and they all look good. The old NRL colours or even a gold one for grand finals?

View attachment 24561
View attachment 24560
This could also be extended to WiL round, indigenous round, Men of League round, ... The logo examples that have been released have been a bit underwhelming but there is potential for them to be interesting.

Rooster8

Juniors

View attachment 24561
View attachment 24560
No matter how good this looks, clubs are only just gonna continue to stitch the match details on. I don't mind stitching for individual player achievements, not team big events.

King Ben

Juniors
I think the logo on its own looks great but looks really poor when implemented on the jersey. Compared to the overly detailed logos on the right, it stands out badly. Plus as previously mentioned, with the text underneath it looks higher than the club logo.

Fire

First Grade
2019-launch-website.png
Nailed the shorts, too.

Well done.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

View attachment 24561
View attachment 24560
The gold version exclusively for use for the premiers would be a good one IMO. Otherwise nope on the green and gold.

Zerô

Juniors
Bulldogs can't catch a break, release new jersey to a poor reception, but if they were to nude up they cop a fine

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

View attachment 24561
View attachment 24560

The 3 colours looks cheap, but i love the white and gold.

I think the best choice would have been a white logo on a Black shield as the standard, then vary the colours for event rounds (Your gold for the GF, pink/purple for WiL, etc.)

kdalymc

Bench
yep, titans sticking to their 1 year rule
[0]=68.ARCEUVUTOmJChs8F9tQmmudWMjWp0EZeTlRBGqZRxmsYBnugW7fuH8MfM0eiuGmSRqaLUndJT8pvNJ2lNZRvikgsziGGPSUzr6BRjWRRnGA6H0XH3ggWKx09cj928UjnRLd2bKuDgLdWwYWomgRx-QxM8MdEieAXNkVLo-LVS_hpQ41FpcTdTgZrWcm3y_z_b8WkWDsFI-h34lAEVm_IeCXM8lWucWkAwIfbHURnxV14Hziov16-vuVYyP94uTwWaQ9bLbs