What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NSW Origin Side

JAC needs to be back, Tupou offers safely in the air but nothing else besides that. If that was JAC last night he could have probably got across in time to stop that Holmes try.

Sims and Martin are way off. Crichton on bench was idiotic. I didn’t think he was actually going to keep him on bench but wow Freddy surprised me.

firechild

First Grade
I think it's pretty clear what the problem is. Too many Parra players stinking the place up. When NSW won the series in 2019, only Blake Ferguson was picked from Parra. In 2020, NSW lost the series after selecting Gutho, Paulo and Brown. In 2021, Only Paulo was selected for the first 2 games and NSW smashed it, before Moses being added for game 3 handing QLD the win. We're back to 3 Parra scum in the team and predictably it's another QLD win. The solution is obvious but I don't think Freddy will drop them so it'll be another QLD series win this year.

Reflector

Juniors
Difference between Cleary and Moses is that Cleary has a record of actually turning up and making an impact in important games. The other thing is that DCE/ Hunt are both very much confidence players, and lining up against Mitchell Moses at Origin boosts their confidence because they know they can get one over him- which means they chance their hand more and that's bad for NSW.

JAC needs to be back, Tupou offers safely in the air but nothing else besides that. If that was JAC last night he could have probably got across in time to stop that Holmes try.

Sims and Martin are way off. Crichton on bench was idiotic. I didn’t think he was actually going to keep him on bench but wow Freddy surprised me.
Tupou was immense in his kick returns. Jac would have been monstered

MugaB

Coach
Tupou was immense in his kick returns. Jac would have been monstered
I hope that was sarcasm, coz tupou was fkn terrible, from knock ons to fwd passes, to getting fk all metres in kick returns, and that terrible stride he has, makes him look so lazy, there's no urgency in his runs unless he was put into space, he doesn't do the tough carries, like to'o did, he need a better option, that can break lines or atleast charge from kick returns, id even consider either wighton or chricton on the wing over tupou, he just offered nothing

I hope that was sarcasm, coz tupou was fkn terrible, from knock ons to fwd passes, to getting fk all metres in kick returns, and that terrible stride he has, makes him look so lazy, there's no urgency in his runs unless he was put into space, he doesn't do the tough carries, like to'o did, he need a better option, that can break lines or atleast charge from kick returns, id even consider either wighton or chricton on the wing over tupou, he just offered nothing
He made 206m in the toughest arena this sport has to offer

How his stride looks to you means 2/10ths of f**k all champ. His efforts and stats can't be argued with. If you think he was lazy and failed to take tough carries then you're blind

MugaB

Coach
He made 206m in the toughest arena this sport has to offer

How his stride looks to you means 2/10ths of f**k all champ. His efforts and stats can't be argued with. If you think he was lazy and failed to take tough carries then you're blind
Bugger all efforts

Fangs

Coach
Martin and one of the Eels props will get dropped. Frizell in I think. Murray starts. And you either go experience or youthful tearaway for the bench middle role. And now that Haas is injured we need to consider someone with big numbers.

For the backs you'd think Latrell. With Staggs injured there is a lot to assess there. Fittler fooled everyone in the world keeping Crichton benched. I'll be very surprised if he makes that decision again. He starts or not at all.

Something also needs to be done about the kicking. If Luai is kept then Wighton needs to kick more often. He is superior to Luai in range so he needs to be utilised more. I recall Wighton kicking in the first set on the short side a few years back. That might be the play.

Spot On

Coach

Bloke offers zilch. Have no idea what Fitler was thinking with his selection.

Add to that Matterson completely out of his depth, Martin offering zilch and a centre as the utility.

Filter needs to swallow his pride and get the selections right.

Cook could do with a spell too. Api on the bench at least is a must.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Very few changes. Maybe Koroisau to the bench rather than Crichton, only since Wighton did so well. That's about it. Save Mitchell for the decider. Murray should start. Martin to the bench.

ek999

First Grade
Team should be
1. Tedesco
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Burton
5. JAC
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Cook
10. RCG
11. Murray
12. Sims
13. Yeo

14. Korisau
15. Paulo
16. Matterson
17. TPJ

A centre on the bench was the dumbest move possible and not needed. If Tedesco goes down chuck Crichton at fullback and Matterson at centre, If a winger goes down, Crichton goes to wing and Matterson at centre. If a half or hooker goes down you play Korisau there and you have Burton to help with the kicking. Korisau can also give Cook a rest if needed.

TPJ has been the best forward in a shit team, leads the comp in offloads and would have even more if the numpties he plays with supported him more. He would get away with some of the silly stuff he does in an Origin match too. He is also able to play in the middle or on an edge.

Team should be
1. Tedesco
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Burton
5. JAC
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Cook
10. RCG
11. Murray
12. Sims
13. Yeo

14. Korisau
15. Paulo
16. Matterson
17. TPJ

A centre on the bench was the dumbest move possible and not needed. If Tedesco goes down chuck Crichton at fullback and Matterson at centre, If a winger goes down, Crichton goes to wing and Matterson at centre. If a half or hooker goes down you play Korisau there and you have Burton to help with the kicking. Korisau can also give Cook a rest if needed.

TPJ has been the best forward in a shit team, leads the comp in offloads and would have even more if the numpties he plays with supported him more. He would get away with some of the silly stuff he does in an Origin match too. He is also able to play in the middle or on an edge.
Wighton was our best back in game 1 and you want to drop him for a 5/8 ?

Yeah, ok

MugaB

Coach
Team should be
1. Tedesco
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Burton
5. JAC
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Cook
10. RCG
11. Murray
12. Sims
13. Yeo

14. Korisau
15. Paulo
16. Matterson
17. TPJ

Rcg, and matterson deserve to get dropped, bring in jake T , angus chricton and foxx for tupou, thats all thats nessesary,
TPJ would easily find a way to get sent off in an origin, and we need to win, cant afford a loose cannon like him, i love him as a player, but geez can he lose his shit at the wrong time

1. Tedesco
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Wighton
5. JAC
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Cook
10. Jurbo
11. Murray
12. Sims