What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

King-Gutho94

Coach
yea, if theres such a thing as an honorable wooden spoon.
Newcastle 2005 side was probably the best side to win the spoon. Due to starting off 0-13 with a horror injury toll they too much to claw back.

They were the form team of the last 9-10 weeks of that season won 8 games - Joey has even admitted it was the most fun he has had as a player with the freedom he and team played with.

taipan

Referee
yea, if theres such a thing as an honorable wooden spoon.
To sugar coat that, all you have to say to critics we came 16th in an extremely competitive, classy crowded field.Our players were brave(RU style) and did not give a cm or inch and all players played with broken limbs .

yakstorm

First Grade
Newcastle 2005 side was probably the best side to win the spoon. Due to starting off 0-13 with a horror injury toll they too much to claw back.

They were the form team of the last 9-10 weeks of that season won 8 games - Joey has even admitted it was the most fun he has had as a player with the freedom he and team played with.
Knights got some great crowds in those last few rounds, including over 26K against Manly.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I also recall the Rabbitohs being horrible that year and both teams winning lots of games at the back end of the season. The Knights were winning but unable to catch them. It was an interesting time.

yobbo84

Coach
I'm interested to see the crowd tonight. Papers keep saying 40k but I can't see it getting anywhere near that - doubt the SCG members show up (who are mostly Union, Swans or Roosters fans).

Also, plenty of Rabbitohs season ticket holders who may not show up.

25k maybe? Hopefully 30,000.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I also recall the Rabbitohs being horrible that year and both teams winning lots of games at the back end of the season. The Knights were winning but unable to catch them. It was an interesting time.
Yep Souths won 6 from last 8 games as well.

Cronulla x 2 and Cowboys who made the finals on top of beating Roosters & Bulldogs who were the GFs from previous year trying to make finals.

Souths beating the chooks in Round 24 cost them a finals spot.

Knights beat 4 sides who made played finals in final 8 rounds.

Parramatta, North Qld, Manly and Cronulla

Vibing

Juniors
I'm interested to see the crowd tonight. Papers keep saying 40k but I can't see it getting anywhere near that - doubt the SCG members show up (who are mostly Union, Swans or Roosters fans).

I thought we got an update from someone saying apart from stadium members which is an unknown , ticket sales had been quite strong
what that means who knows ... but I think it could get 30K plus

Pneuma

First Grade
I thought we got an update from someone saying apart from stadium members which is an unknown , ticket sales had been quite strong
what that means who knows ... but I think it could get 30K plus
Just had a look on ticketek. General admission is exhausted. Silver gold and diamond reserved are available.

yakstorm

First Grade
The most Diamond seats you can buy together is 2 in Bay 15. The other 2x Diamond Bays are down to single seats only. Of the Gold 10, 18, 29, 36, 37 and 230 have less than 5 seats in them each, the other 3 are over 90% full.

Silver is the only area with any decent capacity on both levels. It's definitely going to be high 20Ks being conservative. Hoping it's more in the 35K mark.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade

With 23 min to go .. lucky to crack 25k

I don't really understand how the press was throwing around 40k so willy nilly this week based on how the stands look now...poor reporting.

Looks like that earliest TfNSW estimate of "up to 30k" is the most accurate.

yakstorm

First Grade

Latest posts