What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Broncos have probably sold about 300-400 tickets in the last hour, pretty shocked by this on a Thursday. We've also outsold what the Broncos rep thought that we would in the corner category (cheapest).

It's looking like a possibility we could end the year with an 18k+ home and away average.

It is amazing to compare this to just a few years ago.

I remember in 2013, Dave Smith was talking about the game being stuck at 13k for the past decades. He identified that the path was by building events and dragging the rest up that way.

Crazy that it took 10 years to actually get there, but its happening!!

Agreed. The whole season needs to be built around big event games. Seems like the NRL are finally understanding that.

Off topic, but this is where I see the value of Conferences.

Eg, 4 groups of 5 (20 team comp) would set up 4 home games a year against teams in your group.

it might make the late rounds more interesting depending on the format and it could be designed to guarentee rivalries in the early rounds or the finals series.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Here is the final update for how I expect Suncorp to look at the 20 minute mark of the first half.

Black line - basically full - some people will sit in empty bays next to them.
Maroon line - people will be there but maybe a quarter full.
Blue line - I expect these seats to be released for sale soon and people will be sitting here.
Grey shading on the Hale St sideline - will look very empty.

With these areas filled you would expect about 39-40k. I think we will see 33-35k. Damn. Would have been 40k+ tomorrow, but I am happy with the sales.

suncorp.gif

nko11

Juniors
Forecast to be perfect weather for all 8 games this week. Should help push towards another 20k average round.

Round 11 #NRLcrowds totalled 130,293 at an average of 16,287 - up 16% on R11, 2022, but fell just short of the 2007 record. This season continues its record breaking trend, already the best ever, and up 328,000 on 2022, and 143,000 clear of 2013s previous record.

View attachment 74210

View attachment 74211View attachment 74212View attachment 74213

never mind this stupid last graph that says 21 and 22. its 22 and 23
Targets to continue the trend:
Round 12 2022 was 15,343.
Round 12 2013 was 17,558 (with only 4 games).

greenBV4

Bench
A question Is it a myth Storm are QLD's 5th team so to speak and popular in QLD.

Obviously having Slater, Smith & Cronk for a decade and a half with success would have built a following in QLD.
I'd imagine a lot of these storm supporters in Brisbane would of jumped ship to the dolphins now that they had another option and the storm qld reign is mostly over.
makes sense this would be a popular fixture for those people

It's Been Done

Juniors
I'd imagine a lot of these storm supporters in Brisbane would of jumped ship to the dolphins now that they had another option and the storm qld reign is mostly over.
makes sense this would be a popular fixture for those people
I think the Melbourne expats in South East Queensland (especially on the Gold Coast) will stick with the Storm but I'm not sure if the Sydney expats have switched allegiances to the Phins

Yep, going back through the archives it’s actually the biggest Thursday night crowd since the last round in 2016 when 37,566 watched the Broncos and Roosters at Suncorp.

Great crowd and indicates Brisbane is maintaining its enthusiasm for rugby league post-Magic Round. Just have to hope the Broncs can sustain their good form to keep the crowds coming.