What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Harry O

Juniors
The Finals are NRL run and owned events, with the money made going to fund a range of NRL run initiatives from grassroots to Internationals.

Unlike broadcast revenue, clubs don't get any direct revenue from Finals matches, unless they are the Sharks, who own their own ground and charge rent to the NRL.

Now when it comes to home Finals, I get why there was a push for them again from 2019, especially after some pretty poorly attended qualifying finals in the earlier years, but there needs to be a minimum standard.

IMO, if a ground can't hold 20K+, it shouldn't be eligible. 20K is enough to cater for majority of demand for most QF match

This also means Wollongong & Penrith can host, whilst it's not unachievable for Brookvale, Shark Park, Campbelltown or Leichhardt to get to those capacities again if they want to host Finals.
If the NRL own the finals then they have every right to move it,wether it be home advantage or not

horrie hastings

First Grade
If this was @ moore Park I was gunna go with my union colleagues from work, all up ten of us now will miss out now. Yeah I know the sharks deserve home ground advantage, but as a fan perspective 30k will most probably be missing out.
Same here re Moore Park and i think same as you Cronulla do deserve to host the home final but i wasn't going to even think of being shoe horned into a tiny stadium for the game.

Harry O

Juniors
Same here re Moore Park and i think same as you Cronulla do deserve to host the home final but i wasn't going to even think of being shoe horned into a tiny stadium for the game.
What shits me is that two from the top four don't even get home ground advantage,but two from bottom do, that really makes my head spin

yobbo84

First Grade
Unfortunately the Mcintyre finals system is more flawed than the current set up.
I disagree.. it gave every position in the Top 8 meaning, instead of grouping them into 2 groups of 4

All they had to do was change Weeks 2 and 3 so the higher ranked team got the home final

bazza

Immortal
I disagree.. it gave every position in the Top 8 meaning, instead of grouping them into 2 groups of 4

All they had to do was change Weeks 2 and 3 so the higher ranked team got the home final
I blame Saints for losing all the time on it being scrapped

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone got a table of all clubs regular season crowds by venue for the season? Someone was posting a breakdown by club earlier?

Steel Saints

Juniors

The game between 4 v 5 was a waste for a majority of the time. The team that won had to rely on two higher rank teams losing to progress to the prelim. While the loser had to depend on two lower ranked teams getting beaten to survive to week two.

Also 4 v 5 had to be played FIRST in the McIntyre System. If the NRL was using the McIntyre System this year, then the Warriors, who came fourth, would be hosting the final on a Friday night, which is not great especially when you consider the time difference.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
GA areas still available for Penrith. I expected them to sell out a bit quicker, but I'm sure they will by this afternoon or tomorrow. We might see more Warriors fans there than expected given that some are still available.

Latest posts