What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ladder Predictions

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Spare me…. Lane played about 3 good games for Manly, if he was such a star you would of re-signed him, his first deal at Parra was worth bugger all.

We saved Gutho after you kicked him to the kerb after he did he knee… hardly poaching.

Manly has raided our juniors for years to survive. Off the top of my head in your first grade squad right now, Schuster, Aloiai, Olokuatu, Keppie, Tuipolotu, Saab all Parra juniors.
Schuster a kid Eel didnt want.
Ariola went from Eel to Tiger as a kid because Eel booted him after an injury.
Keppie is from Narellan and wasnt poached, he trialled.
Guacamole trialled for Eel juniors but was denied, got spotted by Sea Eagle junior coaches in a car park when he drove Koula to a trial game.
Tuipolotu we got from Rooster who let him go.
Saab a reject from Dragon.

So much Eel poaching in that list you provided woweeeeee.

Vee

First Grade
Hodgson is the key and it’s going to go one of two ways, he will slot in seamlessly and give us a whole new attacking dimension OR he is going to completely stunt our attack and make us look like lost puppies.
Or injured all season, what's your plan then?

Vee

First Grade
1. Panthers
2. Souths
3. Storm
4. Sharks
5. Cowboys
6. Roosters
7. Eels
8. Broncos

9. Dogs
10. Raiders
11. Manly
12. Titans
13. Dolphins
14. Dragons
15. Warriors
16. Tigers
17. Knights

Last edited:

The Predictor

Juniors
They havent lost 2 players, the following were in their 17 for the majority of the year:

Papalli
Mahoney
Kaufusi
Niukore
Opacic
N Brown (rumoured to be leaving)

+ backup like Perham etc and have replaced them with perenial bench/nsw cup players

The lower grades havent perfomed well with Flegg & Ball missing the finals, reserve grade and Harold Matts snuck in and went out week 1 which is very poor for a club with a junior league of its size.

As I said I cant imagine a team with a nucleas of Gutherson, Sivo, Brown, Moses, Matterson, RCG and Paulo will lose more then it wins but I'll be fairly suprised if they can match it with Penrith, Roosters, Souths etc in 2023.
Oh Vic, you poor soul….life must be so boring for you

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
Probably going to regret doing this right before proper trials are played but

1. Storm
2. Panthers
3. Roosters
4. Souths
5. Sharks
6. Cowboys
7. Broncos
8. Dogs

9. Eels
10. Raiders
11. Manly
12. Tigers
13. Knights
14. Warriors
15. Titans
16. Dolphins
17. Dragons

Notes
- Dogs biggest riser
- Eels/Dragons biggest drops
- I wouldn't be surprised if my team (Knights) came anywhere 10th - 17th. Actually all of 11 - 17th feels like a crapshoot
- Despite being shit Dragons usually manage to beat the other shit teams so probably not the best spoon choice but it'd be funny
The meltdowns would be absolute quality and Dragons gameday threads would gain more notoriety than peak lol@50uffs

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Or injured all season, what's your plan then?

That can happen to any player though bruv. Granted older players like Hodgson are more likely to get niggles.

In terms of season-enders it doesn’t matter if you are 19 or 35 if your knee goes the wrong way in a tackle it’s going to buckle.

The Predictor

Juniors
Here goes, can't wait to be hopelessly wrong in September

1. Roosters
2. Rabbitohs
3. Panthers
4. Storm
5. Sharks
6. Cowboys

7 - 11. Any of Eels, Bulldogs, Broncos, Raiders, Tigers

12. Sea Eagles
13. Dolphins
14. Knights
15. Titans
16. Warriors
17. Dragons

Think top and bottom 4's pick themselves, the rest is a lottery
No way Storm will finish in the top 4

King hit

Coach
He's good at motivating underdog squads in the short-term (see his success with the Kiwis in the 2008 WC and his more recent efforts at Origin) but over the course of a season I tend to agree with your sentiment.
I know i'm a broken record but to me the f**k virus was the biggest player in that 2020 series. It was played at the back end of the season where it was obvious there were players who weren't in the best shape and teams had to fly in on game day which screwed preparations on both sides.

txta2

Bench
1.penrith
2. Rooters
3.souths
4.Cowboys
5.Parra
6.Sharks
7.Storm
8.Broncos
9.Manly
10.Raiders
11.Dogs
12.Titans
13. Tigers
14.Knoghts
15.Dolphins
16.Warriors
17. Dragoons

Reflector

Juniors
I know i'm a broken record but to me the f**k virus was the biggest player in that 2020 series. It was played at the back end of the season where it was obvious there were players who weren't in the best shape and teams had to fly in on game day which screwed preparations on both sides.
Then Teddy got ruled out via HIA in the Decider (TM) after hitting his head on the leg of the biggest player in the Qld team, and then the officials inexplicably decided not to award a textbook penalty try to Fox in the dying stages which certainly was convenient for a certain Narrative (TM, QRL)

glockers

Juniors
1. Sharks
2. Roosters
3. Cowboys
4. Panthers
5. Rabbitohs
6. Titans
7. Tigers
8. Storm
9. Broncos
10. Eels
11. Bulldogs
12. Manly
13. Warriors
14. Raiders
15. Dolphins
16. Knights
17 Dragons

JokerEel

Coach
Schuster a kid Eel didnt want.
Ariola went from Eel to Tiger as a kid because Eel booted him after an injury.
Keppie is from Narellan and wasnt poached, he trialled.
Guacamole trialled for Eel juniors but was denied, got spotted by Sea Eagle junior coaches in a car park when he drove Koula to a trial game.
Tuipolotu we got from Rooster who let him go.
Saab a reject from Dragon.

So much Eel poaching in that list you provided woweeeeee.
Saab was a Dragon reject is all I needed to read to know you are full of it...

Latest posts