What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Penrith fan

Juniors
Good call Mr Shaman, you can watch them all telepathically anyway.

For us mere mortals, we have to roll up to the ground to buy a hot dog and three dim sims.

Vlad59

Juniors
Will certainly be a nice boost for them. Will take them from 12,859 to around 19,600ish overnight.

The power of event games.
Getting that Anzac game could be considered a gift but both clubs draw bloody well on the day and it’s a great occasion. I’m glad nz have their own game this year but I’m buggered if I can work out why our nations capital doesnt get a game on what is possibly our most important day.

nko11

Juniors
2/3 Anzac day games sold out now. Melbourne is doing alot better than the stadium map would suggest. Most categories have begun to have bays turning to limited availability (less than 10 seats together). The way they're selling the bays, once they get to less than 10 seats together, you're pretty close to the bay being sold out. Surrounding bays to the limited ones aren't too far behind either. Should hopefully see quite a few sections become unavailable over the next 24 hours and will see sales funnelled into the slower selling bays. Bronze bays are selling the worst. Will need Cat 4 to start to become limited to see better movement with these. Would need sales to continue strongly and a bit of a walkup, but wouldn't be surprised if it goes close to a sellout as well.
1713869738141.png
Quite unlikely, but not outside the realms of possibility that the first 6 games of the round are sellouts. Would need a lot to go right though.

Last edited:

taste2taste

Juniors
Will certainly be a nice boost for them. Will take them from 12,859 to around 19,600ish overnight.

The power of event games.
Do you know off the top of your head what Dragons crowd averages were 15 years ago when they were top of the ladder ?

Are thier poor crowds due to having a crap team ? Or have they always been poor ?

RedVee

First Grade
Do you know off the top of your head what Dragons crowd averages were 15 years ago when they were top of the ladder ?

Are thier poor crowds due to having a crap team ? Or have they always been poor ?
When Bennett was coach Jubilee was sold out 3 or 4 times leading to Buzz & the Tele campaigning for us to move grounds “think of the fans!”. They organised a family - the Masons? - to stand outside the fence looking sad and forlorn for a photo op

Wb1234

Referee
2/3 Anzac day games sold out now. Melbourne is doing alot better than the stadium map would suggest. Most categories have begun to have bays turning to limited availability (less than 10 seats together). The way they're selling the bays, once they get to less than 10 seats together, you're pretty close to the bay being sold out. Surrounding bays to the limited ones aren't too far behind either. Should hopefully see quite a few sections become unavailable over the next 24 hours and will see sales funnelled into the slower selling bays. Bronze bays are selling the worst. Will need Cat 4 to start to become limited to see better movement with these. Would need sales to continue strongly and a bit of a walkup, but wouldn't be surprised if it goes close to a sellout as well.
View attachment 87037
Quite unlikely, but not outside the realms of possibility that the first 6 games of the round are sellouts. Would need a lot to go right though.
South’s poor form and the fact many went to Vegas will limit what they bring this year

15k without Anzac or 20 k with it

used to love going to the gong and kogarah back then

RedVee

First Grade
South’s poor form and the fact many went to Vegas will limit what they bring this year

15k without Anzac or 20 k with it

used to love going to the gong and kogarah back then
and pretty much figured on most other teams largest crowd records with the away following we could bring

The_Wookie

Bench
100%. Raiders playing in Canberra, our national capital, on Anzac Eve. It just makes sense. You'd have a lot dignitaries there and it would be a big event. I was saying that 15 years ago on here. Now I see the AFL is doing an Anzac Eve game.

AFL has done one for nearly 5 years - its Richmond v Melbourne. Leveraging things like the evening BEFORE a public holiday is a good way to get a good crowd. I see GWS are playing on ANZAC Day - in the evening- in canberra this year too, that crowd should be interesting (for me at least)

Latest posts