What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Canard

Immortal
They’re now spending $500m on the Dolphins main home stadium by the looks, asking for more to develop the small stadium they own would be unlikely to get any interest. The government would also know that if they developed Redcliffe they’d likely lose more games from the second highest drawing tenant at Suncorp.
Yep, private owned stadia shouldn't get anything.

Politically it would be dead anyway.

wests1

Juniors
Massive saturation of games in Sydney this weekend. Be interesting to see if it has any impact on attendances.

Urgh, I bought tickets for the Lions tour today and now Ticketek has put a block on my cards. Classic.

Does anyone know if the block gets removed after a set period of time? Or how long it takes to have access restored once you've filled out the form?

Annoying as Roosters v Rabbitohs is 20% off atm.

Canard

Immortal
Urgh, I bought tickets for the Lions tour today and now Ticketek has put a block on my cards. Classic.

Does anyone know if the block gets removed after a set period of time? Or how long it takes to have access restored once you've filled out the form?

By law, you are me prevented from ever attending a game of Rugby League again.

Harry O

Juniors
[QUOTE="Sky_Is_The_Limit, post: 16107440, member:

[/QUOTE]

Where is the 20% off?

Iamback

Coach
They’re now spending $500m on the Dolphins main home stadium by the looks, asking for more to develop the small stadium they own would be unlikely to get any interest. The government would also know that if they developed Redcliffe they’d likely lose more games from the second highest drawing tenant at Suncorp.

Then they may need to move concerts, That 2nd drawing Tennant was unable to use that venue.

IF Easts Tigers get promoted at some stage then that will only make the issue worse.

taste2taste

Juniors

I read that all 3 tests and 6 tour games have almost sold out in 24 hours :O tickets weren't cheap either, $130 for nose bleeds.

No doubt the 40k touring fans would have helped sales.

Maybe Rugby can pay off its 80m debt and thier golden decade can begin lol

Harry O

Juniors
I read that all 3 tests and 6 tour games have almost sold out in 24 hours :O tickets weren't cheap either, $130 for nose bleeds.

No doubt the 40k touring fans would have helped sales.

Maybe Rugby can pay off its 80m debt and thier golden decade can begin lol
Those 40k that are travelling down under are coming to watch Rugby League. You do realise this?

jim_57

Staff member
I don't believe I said Kayo especially, Just a mid capacity Stadium.

A 20-30k option would be good in Brisbane, mainly for other sports as an alternative to Suncorp but RL might get some use out of it as well occasionally. Since Roar & Reds would assumedly be the main tenants they’d want it somewhere central and so would the government you’d say. Maybe that can be the Victoria Park stadium some people seem to want so badly…

Iamback

Coach
A 20-30k option would be good in Brisbane, mainly for other sports as an alternative to Suncorp but RL might get some use out of it as well occasionally. Since Roar & Reds would assumedly be the main tenants they’d want it somewhere central and so would the government you’d say. Maybe that can be the Victoria Park stadium some people seem to want so badly…

When A League's expansion was mentioned, Another South-East QLD team was too. That throws another side onto Suncorp atleast for the early months of the footy season.

NRLW is still too small for Suncorp, They'd be perfect in somewhere like that

Most importantly stops the farce of Kayo being the only other option

Canard

Immortal
When A League's expansion was mentioned, Another South-East QLD team was too. That throws another side onto Suncorp atleast for the early months of the footy season.

NRLW is still too small for Suncorp, They'd be perfect in somewhere like that

Most importantly stops the farce of Kayo being the only other option
The A-LEAGUE looks much more likely to contract than expand

And SEQ most definitely isn't on the agenda, the Brisbane Roar are playing in front of 100 people at the moment.

bazza

Immortal
yeah a 20k odd rectangular stadium in a central location is probably something that would get good use in Brisbane between A-League, Union, NRLW and maybe some non Broncos NRL games

Ballymore seems about the right size - but location isn't great. Perry Park seems a better spot but space seems limited.
There new stadium at Ipswich seems good - but not central