What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Valheru

Coach
First of all if you have a toddler, you wouldn't take them.to the footy if it's pissing down
Thats why you have Grandparents to look after them, while you're out.
Why wouldn't you take them? after all...

If fans don't show up coz it's raining, well they're not really fans. I mean so what if it rains, does rain freaking harm them or something, its only water, wear a fkn rain coat, Whoopi doo

horrie hastings

First Grade
Clearly you've never had to lug a toddler or a whole family to a sporting event! It's difficult even without adding torrential rain to the mix.
Added to the fact that with torrential rain like it is predicted for today makes travelling to games plain dangerous to be out on the roads, way better to stay off the roads and indoors during these conditions.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Also, quite simply - f**k going to Accor stadium in these conditions. Soulless ground when it's not half full, hard to get to, pain in the arse to get home from. 6pm Kick off on a Friday as well. Gross.

and also even if there is even a slight sprinkle it seems to affect Sydney trains and causes them to break down or run 2 hours late or not at all.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I lived in Melbourne for 12 years from 2005 and the growth from outright hostility to begrudging acceptance was very obvious.
I now think we can safely say that the storm, yes with all their success and all, have carved out a genuine niche in the market. It takes a while but it is so good for the game.
To give some context, for the first three years I lived there, I had to go to an advertised pub which had Impaja to watch origin because nine wouldn’t show the game til after midnight. We’ve now had three consecutive club games with 20k plus in attendance.

These were good days.

Partying with other Rugby League ex-pat fans at some pretty awesome Melbourne pubs. Limerick Arms South Melbourne and another in Collingwood that I can't even remember. Plus the Imperial on Spring St.

I'm glad it's not like that now though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
These were good days.

Partying with other Rugby League ex-pat fans at some pretty awesome Melbourne pubs. Limerick Arms South Melbourne and another in Collingwood that I can't even remember. Plus the Imperial on Spring St.

I'm glad it's not like that now though.
We were same in WA, pre Fox subscription Sunday afternoons were spent at The Greenwood watching the game on Imparja as you were lucky if Ch9 bothered showing it at midnight. Always a good crowd in the sports bar for the NRL games.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
We were same in WA, pre Fox subscription Sunday afternoons were spent at The Greenwood watching the game on Imparja as you were lucky if Ch9 bothered showing it at midnight. Always a good crowd in the sports bar for the NRL games.
1IxBmu.gif

yobbo84

First Grade
makes no sense why they dont just open the dry seats up for every wet game. There is some next level stupidity with our stadiums sometimes.
It's always "staffing issues" or whatever. But I mean, it's not like everyone knew it was going to be pissing down today and tomorrow for the past week...

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Again - anyone going tonight should be allowed to sit in Level 4 undercover.
Can't believe that they don't do this. Suncorp opens level 7 east (if unsold) for their events in wet weather.

They'll certainly do it (or level 6 as it's unsold too) for the Dolphins game tomorrow night.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Again - anyone going tonight should be allowed to sit in Level 4 undercover.
Already reports that trains are out of whack because of weather damage to equipment at Redfern which is affecting the North shore and Western lines, so the trip out to Lidcombe or coming from the west to change for Olympic Park will be affected.

Was in Melbourne for the Easter long weekend. Definitely more NRL presence with warriors game on big screen next to crown and most pubs / restaurants having at least one screen showing NRL (admittedly the smallest screen with rest showing AFL).

It is becoming like AFL in Sydney which is a good outcome for the Storm.