What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Willy2452

Juniors
So 6000 spare seats for a sellout, that is probably more seats than Shark park has. I hope the Olympics games money fix the access issues and usability of Lang park, so that they get full utility.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So 6000 spare seats for a sellout, that is probably more seats than Shark park has. I hope the Olympics games money fix the access issues and usability of Lang park, so that they get full utility.
Seems the sell out claim was a bit of bs. Hard to believe 6k members haven’t turned up for the derby on a Friday night.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Anything Broncos could do to convert sell outs for the bigger games to crowds closer to 50k? Is the difference just member no shows?

Great crowds either way, Broncos on their way to their best season for crowds this century, 2nd best ever season is doable.
I think we just need to boot the GA areas. Suncorp members were disappointing again.

jim_57

Staff member
Melbourne crowd was ok, shows how far we’ve come that we consider 16k at 6pm in afl land just ok!

surprising amount of empty seats at Suncorp for a sell out. Around 49k I’m guessing?

As @yakstorm said significant improvements on their last fixtures against Bulldogs and 6pm Friday. Melbourne will be 4/5 20k+ for their first 5 homes games which has definitely never happened before. I’d be surprised if they’ve gotten 4 20k+ crowds in a regular season before tbh, maybe last year with the games at Marvel which drew well.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they hit another 20k after Anzac Day, they’ve got some good times for their remaining games.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The issue isn't access or usability, it's members not turning up

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Seems the sell out claim was a bit of bs. Hard to believe 6k members haven’t turned up for the derby on a Friday night.
Just like in the stadium thread the flop from Perth hasn't done his research.

Stadium members take up about 8.5k seats. Their areas are often 50-60% full, so let's take 4,000 off the capacity. We now have 48,500. Then, the Broncos sell areas as GA - this reduces the capacity to ease pressure on ushers. lets work with 48,000ish. I don't think the crowd is disappointing, but it is certainly less than I thought. In any case, a sell out.

Vlad59

Juniors
Just like in the stadium thread the flop from Perth hasn't done his research.

Stadium members take up about 8.5k seats. Their areas are often 50-60% full, so let's take 4,000 off the capacity. We now have 48,500. Then, the Broncos sell areas as GA - this reduces the capacity to ease pressure on ushers. lets work with 48,000ish. I don't think the crowd is disappointing, but it is certainly less than I thought. In any case, a sell out.
Seriously mate how many times has this been explained. ‘Flop’ is being kind

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
f**k me this is tiresome.

You can sell all available seats to a game and not have a full stadium because people who hold tickets or memberships don't turn up. Claiming a "sell out is bs" is childish.

Latest posts