What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Vlad59

Juniors
Based upon what criteria? It's still larger than at least 3 other games this round and all but 1 last round.

Sure we'd love it to be more, but it's not horrible and it is the first time the club has drawn less than 20K at Suncorp (let's not forget even the Broncos have had a number of sub-20K crowds at Suncorp since moving back there)

I am curious as to what is deemed a decent crowd by your standards? You gave over 300 posts on this thread and I can't see one that is positive
Maybe it’s Perth Reds mother?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Brian potter

Bench
Based upon what criteria? It's still larger than at least 3 other games this round and all but 1 last round.
based on crowds last year and the dolphins current form and league position.
Sure we'd love it to be more, but it's not horrible and it is the first time the club has drawn less than 20K at Suncorp (let's not forget even the Broncos have had a number of sub-20K crowds at Suncorp since moving back there)
when finishing in the bottom 4 sure.
I am curious as to what is deemed a decent crowd by your standards? You gave over 300 posts on this thread and I can't see one that is positive
i suggest you look harder.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Is 18k a little less than expected? Yes
Are the Knights a big draw in Brisbane? No

Let's get some context here...

1. the Broncos averaged 18k in their second season (drew 13k at Suncorp v the Knights that year). Yes, I get it was 35 years ago, but they didn't have an established Brisbane NRL team or even a credible AFL team to compete against.

2. The Dolphins have the Broncos, Storm and Warriors games still to come. Their average will be very healthy come end of season.

3. Our second NRL team's worst Suncorp crowd still beat the Reds - lol

Re: the Dolphins needing a geographical name to grow, whilst it wouldn't hurt, it's not the main issue as they look to establish their identity in the city. It's the players.

Obviously the Dolphins recruited the best they could in the time they had. But what really needs to happen (and it will) is for the team to start filling with more Queenslanders and maybe a couple more QLD Origin players. That's when they'll really start to build. They have the pathways already in place and the production line will begin to produce in the next couple of years.

In the mean time, they are doing just fine.

Vlad59

Juniors
Is 18k a little less than expected? Yes
Are the Knights a big draw in Brisbane? No

Let's get some context here...

1. the Broncos averaged 18k in their second season (drew 13k at Suncorp v the Knights that year). Yes, I get it was 35 years ago, but they didn't have an established Brisbane NRL team or even a credible AFL team to compete against.

2. The Dolphins have the Broncos, Storm and Warriors games still to come. Their average will be very healthy come end of season.

3. Our second NRL team's worst Suncorp crowd still beat the Reds - lol

Re: the Dolphins needing a geographical name to grow, whilst it wouldn't hurt, it's not the main issue as they look to establish their identity in the city. It's the players.

Obviously the Dolphins recruited the best they could in the time they had. But what really needs to happen (and it will) is for the team to start filling with more Queenslanders and maybe a couple more QLD Origin players. That's when they'll really start to build. They have the pathways already in place and the production line will begin to produce in the next couple of years.

In the mean time, they are doing just fine.
Yeah I remember that far back as well. Phins need to keep winning and building their profile. That’s why I think it will take 5 years for them to really draw big crowds consistently. Be nice to see them and the broncos averaging well over 30000 each in the future. Broncos are bloody huge right now. I’m loving it.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Yeah I remember that far back as well. Phins need to keep winning and building their profile. That’s why I think it will take 5 years for them to really draw big crowds consistently. Be nice to see them and the broncos averaging well over 30000 each in the future. Broncos are bloody huge right now. I’m loving it.
The buzz at the moment here around the Broncos hasn't been this big since the 90s, it's great to see.

Brian potter

Bench
You’ve started early but that’s okay. Nobody expects anything else from you. Your reputation as a misery guts is well known.
Only got the NRL’s best interest at heart mate.

game is booming and clubs like the sharks are dragging it down in my opinion.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
By being factual?
You are just embarrassing yourself. I'm going easy on you because you're obviously not very intelligent.

But

Have a look at the facts. Over the years Broncos crowds against the Knights have normally been 20-25K. Yet you expect the Dolphins, a brand new club, to do the same? There is no logic in your posts.

Stop clogging up the thread with nonsense.

The_Wookie

Bench

Latest posts