What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Vlad59

Juniors
Agree. I mean if the Broncos are going to have so many empty seats, maybe they should consider moving some games to Davies Park.
As for bloody kayo park wtf? All games should be played at the seventh wonder of the world. Hbf stadium in Perth. Has a nice shed I’ve heard

jim_57

Staff member
Broncos cruising towards their biggest season average at Suncorp. Currently averaging 41,000 after 5 games.

Averages to beat:
43,200 - 1993 (Highest @ QE2)
37,705 - 1994
35,902 - 1995
35,032 - 2010 (Highest @ Suncorp)
34,587 - 2009

1993 won’t be beaten until Suncorp gets upgraded to 60-70k. The others are very much under threat, 35,353 average or 247,472 total needed from the remaining 7 games to beat 1994. Games to come:

R12 V Titans - 2pm Sunday
R14 V Sharks - 7:35pm Saturday
R18 V Panthers - 8pm Friday
R19 V Dragons - 7:35pm Saturday
R21 V Bulldogs - 3pm Saturday
R25 V Eels - 8pm Friday
R27 V Storm - 7:50pm Thursday

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
That's surprising after the sell-outs they've been having.
As others have said, Brookvale Oval is not an easy venue to get to at 6pm. For those who work in the city, getting back to the Beaches is a punish and even for those who live locally, Pittwatter Rd in peak hour is just its own type of hell.

That said, if the weather was fine yesterday, I think the Sea Eagles would have got 15K+. Their pre-sales were strong, but with only 9,000-odd seats, it means fans have to choose between standing on a muddy hill in the pouring rain or stay home and watch it.

yakstorm

First Grade
So for the remainder of the round we are looking at:

Bulldogs v Wests Tigers : Best pre-sales yet for a Dogs game this year, still letting any military personnel in for free, if the rain stays away (currently it is), 20K is still feasible, otherwise maybe 12K.

Titans v Storm : To me it doesn't look like it is selling any better or worse than their previous games. I'd say 14K

Cowboys v Dolphins : Strong pre-sales, tracking for 23K+.

Knights v Warriors : Set to be weather dependant. Pre-sales looks good and trending more towards 20K+ if the weather holds. Otherwise, maybe 12K.

Sharks v Dragons : Sold out, even with rain should still be 12K+

Round looking like 130Kish - 150Kish.

Latest posts