What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Steel Saints

Juniors
10k at Brookie is not bad with wet weather and a terrible timeslot. I can understand the Thursday night game for tv purposes, but Friday 6pm is an awful time for a first grade game to kick off. People are still coming home from work.

Bukowski

Juniors
10k at Brookie is not bad with wet weather and a terrible timeslot. I can understand the Thursday night game for tv purposes, but Friday 6pm is an awful time for a first grade game to kick off. People are still coming home from work.
Need more warriors games in that Friday slot, another Kiwi team would help too

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
R12 V Titans - 2pm Sunday
R14 V Sharks - 7:35pm Saturday
R18 V Panthers - 8pm Friday
R19 V Dragons - 7:35pm Saturday
R21 V Bulldogs - 3pm Saturday
R25 V Eels - 8pm Friday
R27 V Storm - 7:50pm Thursday
Here is how we're tracking:

R12 V Titans - 2pm Sunday - level 7 east and north are (somewhat) open - 40-42k.
R14 V Sharks - 7:35pm Saturday - level 7 south is open - 33-37k. Sharks ladder position will help this crowd.
R18 V Panthers - 8pm Friday - level 7 south has sold out and level 7 east is open. The Broncos should open all of level 7 east and north - it will sell out. 44-46k.
R19 V Dragons - 7:35pm Saturday - could be anything but level 7 isn't open yet - 33-36k.
R21 V Bulldogs - 3pm Saturday - could be anything but level 7 isn't open yet - 33-36k.
R25 V Eels - 8pm Friday - could be anything but level 7 isn't open yet - 33-36k
R27 V Storm - 7:50pm Thursday - level 7 is open. Probably will sell out - 42-44k.

Would love for the rain to stop landing on game days. Would also love the injuries to stop - fair bit of season excitement is turning into injury stress and sadness.

yakstorm

First Grade
Rain has held off in western Sydney so far today (although it is looking a bit threatening).

The Kennel has just sold out at Accor, Gold, Platinum Plus & Ultimate bays are down single seats. Platinum is around 60% sold.

I didn't realise, but the Bulldogs are doing kids u17 free for this game (wonder how much they promoted that). There doesn't appear to be many in the ground yet for the NSW Cup match, but there is a reasonable number still outside the ground.

Fingers crossed for still a high teens crowd or more crowd.

jim_57

Staff member
Here is how we're tracking:

R12 V Titans - 2pm Sunday - level 7 east and north are (somewhat) open - 40-42k.
R14 V Sharks - 7:35pm Saturday - level 7 south is open - 33-37k. Sharks ladder position will help this crowd.
R18 V Panthers - 8pm Friday - level 7 south has sold out and level 7 east is open. The Broncos should open all of level 7 east and north - it will sell out. 44-46k.
R19 V Dragons - 7:35pm Saturday - could be anything but level 7 isn't open yet - 33-36k.
R21 V Bulldogs - 3pm Saturday - could be anything but level 7 isn't open yet - 33-36k.
R25 V Eels - 8pm Friday - could be anything but level 7 isn't open yet - 33-36k
R27 V Storm - 7:50pm Thursday - level 7 is open. Probably will sell out - 42-44k.

Would love for the rain to stop landing on game days. Would also love the injuries to stop - fair bit of season excitement is turning into injury stress and sadness.

The lower end of those ranges will see them average roughly 38.5k for the year and comfortably beat everything but the 43.2k record. The upper end of those ranges will see them average 40.2k.

docbrown

Coach
Bringing in another Kiwi team might fix Friday 6pm, but the comp will go to 18 teams and where does the ninth timeslot go in scheduling?
If you want to maximise the broadcast deal and media exposure (5 days of games) then it would be Monday Night. 5 night games in primetime when viewers watch TV. If you primarily make Friday 6pm a game in New Zealand, the impact of adding Monday in terms of attendances is minimal, as it's an 8pm Friday kickoff in NZ.

Otherwise it would be Thursday, Friday 6pm (NZ games), Friday 8pm, Saturday 3pm, Saturday twilight, Saturday night, Sunday 2pm, Sunday 4pm and Sunday night.

t-ba

Post Whore
How is it that the Dolphins have been able to build a rivalry with the Cowboys so quickly that draws crowds (2x sell outs in Townsville, 2x 30K+ crowds in Brisbane) yet the Titans haven't?

The Dolphins have been around forever and are a QLD institution.

Canard

Immortal
How is it that the Dolphins have been able to build a rivalry with the Cowboys so quickly that draws crowds (2x sell outs in Townsville, 2x 30K+ crowds in Brisbane) yet the Titans haven't?
I don't think there's much rivalry there yet, it's just the QLD connection at the moment.

beave

Coach
I know, but those Cowboys fans in Brisbane don't travel down to CBUS.

I don't imagine Dolphins have converted significant numbers in North Queensland in just two years either, yet fans in the region perceive the fixture as one worth attending.
Disagree. I have been at the last 3 NQ games at CBUS and we would make up conservatively 1/3 the crowd. Whether they're from Bris or the GC, doesn't really matter.

Latest posts