What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Commbank came across great even only just over half full. Sounded a good atmosphere. Great stadium that one. Perfect nrl stadium.
Agree the modern acoustics at these newer grounds can really hold an atmosphere.

two very good crowds for a rainy Friday. The Penrith one shows that 6pm isn’t the horrid time slot all the time.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I know we don’t discuss other crowds here but a comparison, a league semi final Sydney (biggest crowd average) got 13,813 against another nsw club. Shows how addictive attendance culture can get but also how perception of poor quality and a comps viability can drag it down.

Brian potter

Bench
Nothing do with bread Potplant. But the days of poms telling the world what to do are over. Look after your shitty backyard then get back to us.
Again what does super league or bizarrely the British empire have to do with the price of bread?

have you anything constructive to say about the recent dramatic dip in the dolphins suncorp crowds?

Brian potter

Bench
Kayo can't hold 14K. So although 14K in a 53K stadium looks bad it is still bigger than anything they can fit into Kayo (capacity 10K).

Perspective is useful too though, 14K on a wet Thursday night is actually a good crowd compared to any other team bar Brisbane. Redcliffe also are only in their second season.
Hopefully the dolphins haven’t got many more Thursday night games in Brisbane left this year.

yakstorm

First Grade
52,977 (17,659 avg) after the first three games this round.

Looking ahead for the rest of the round, Tamworth should be locked in for 10K for Wests v Knights, whilst Storm v Sharks is definitely in 18K+ territory and more around the 20K mark.

Dragons v Souths is dependent on weather. Pre-sales for the match have been strong, though Kogarah has so little cover and there is a lot of rain about. Taking a conservative view, I'll say 8K, but hoping my estimate is way under.

Roosters v Warriors is surprisingly seeing pre-sales similar to Roosters v Storm, which drew 17,714. I imagine with it being Mother's day and so close to lunchtime that member numbers will be impacted, but we should see 12K+

Titans v Cowboys is seeing better pre-sales that their home game against the Storm and considering the fact the Titans faithful have been very consistent this year as well, I'd be surprised if it's under 13K and hoping more for it to push 16K.

Working off those conservative estimates, that would give us 114K for the round. 128K is possibly the upper range of what we could get, though I'd be very happy to be horribly wrong.

Wb1234

Referee
Looking at Rugby League Stats site attendance average same to go up an extra for 2000 for the 1986 and build from then on minus a few hundred or so in the coming seasons.
When fox sports started televising all games that’s when crowds really rose

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Again what does super league or bizarrely the British empire have to do with the price of bread?

have you anything constructive to say about the recent dramatic dip in the dolphins suncorp crowds?
Thursday night, miserable weather v low drawing opposition. Don't worry about the Phins, they are playing good footy and have some blockbuster big drawing games coming up.

docbrown

Coach
Culture breeds culture, particularly with attendance. People go to sporting events for the crowd atmosphere and attending the game in person becomes like a higher tier rank for what constitutes a loyal fan. I think people will be surprised at how quickly the NRL will go from 20k to 25k average. It will get to the point where the main limiting factor is stadium size.

yakstorm

First Grade
Titans wonder why they have generally shit house crowds.

Charging $90 to sit in the backrow of the eastern on the 20m line for tomorrow's game........

Same seat at QCB is $50.

Idiots.

View attachment 87807
It wasn't as bad last year... not sure who is to blame, the club, Queensland Stadiums, Ticketmaster or a bit of all 3.

Regardless, unless it's the Broncos derby game, it's too much.

beave

Coach
It wasn't as bad last year... not sure who is to blame, the club, Queensland Stadiums, Ticketmaster or a bit of all 3.

Regardless, unless it's the Broncos derby game, it's too much.
i was going to duck down tomorrow with the misso and kid from Brissy.

When you weigh up fuel, tolls, food/drink and game tickets for the 3 of us, it would make it a $500 day. I'm not a tight ass or doing it tough but f**k that for a regular season club game as well as watching Chad Townsend and Val Holmes stink it up.

ground zero

Juniors
Brissy needs a 25k size stadium if they want another club .
its on the Gold Coast. Rebadge the Titans as 3rd Brisbane Team. then the Queensland teams can play lesser crowd drawing games on the Gold Coast. Instead off Suncorp on a Thursday night etc.

For 14,000 on a Thursday night with rain used to be solid. It’s now disappointing. That’s improvement.

And forget AFL crowds. They’re a pipe dream for us. That game has a history and therefore culture of attendance that is almost cult like, particularly considering the concentration in one city.
Any SEQ residents got info, anecdotal or otherwise, on how well the Dolphins are building a reliable support base beyond their immediate catchment area?

I accept the point about AFL attendances in absolute terms, but it's important for the NRL expansion strategy that the second franchise in Brisbane performs as well, proportionate to the Broncos, as the second AFL franchises in Perth and Adelaide. I would put that as an average of roughly 25k at Suncorp.

Latest posts