What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
Thursday's Women's Origin match surely has to be approaching 25K+ territory? On the southern side of the ground 508 - 517 are now down to single seats and same for 526 - 529 in the north.

The GA sections in the lower bowl, which they keep expanding (and selling out) has less than a 100 tickets left now, whilst all other bays in the lower bowl are pretty much sold out.

I know that stadium members may not show up in big numbers, as they've got 8 other games to attend, but it just seems like this game is still selling strongly everywhere else in the venue.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Haha, champagne comedy.

Kogarah is the best ground to watch football on a Sunday afternoon.

If you're a deadshit racist you must love it. Can see why no one else wants to be there.

The Kogarah toilet is certainly full of shit:

But from the minute South Sydney players ran out on to the field to take on St George Illawarra, it was obvious some fans had sinister intentions.

In a situation both NSW Police and the NRL are now investigating, fans from both teams started an onslaught of racial comments directed at Indigenous stars Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker.

Before a ball had even been kicked, one of the first remarks was so disgustingly derogatory, The Daily Telegraph has elected not to publish it.

What was more shocking was that it prompted a raucous response of laughs and cheers from a group of socalled fans.

To make matters worse, standing beside me was one of my mates, a proud Indigenous man.

We looked at him, trying to gauge how uncomfortable he was made to feel in the situation. He was instantly upset.

He was heavily intimidated by the number of people around us who were joining in on the racist ‘jokes'.

And rightfully so.

Valheru

Coach
Its better to exclude it all together tbh as it has no real relevance to a clubs home crowd avg, similar with regional games that draw sub 10k's.
This

I don't really care how they count it but it has no real utility in terms of averages

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Thursday's Women's Origin match surely has to be approaching 25K+ territory? On the southern side of the ground 508 - 517 are now down to single seats and same for 526 - 529 in the north.

The GA sections in the lower bowl, which they keep expanding (and selling out) has less than a 100 tickets left now, whilst all other bays in the lower bowl are pretty much sold out.

I know that stadium members may not show up in big numbers, as they've got 8 other games to attend, but it just seems like this game is still selling strongly everywhere else in the venue.

WE HAVE LIFT-OFF AT THE CAULDRON

Brisbane is on track for a world record-breaking crowd at Thursday’s Women’s State of Origin opener with numbers set to smash the benchmark set last year.

According to the NRL, ticket sales have projected a crowd of around 25,000 for game one at Suncorp Stadium, which is about half the capacity of ground.

final say

Juniors

Brisbane is on track for a world record-breaking crowd at Thursday’s Women’s State of Origin opener with numbers set to smash the benchmark set last year.

According to the NRL, ticket sales have projected a crowd of around 25,000 for game one at Suncorp Stadium, which is about half the capacity of ground.

Very smart to have it the night before magic round.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
it could be the biggest and best Magic Round ever.
Come On Queensland. Do Australia proud.

It wouldnt be too surprised. I think some of the games could be quite close and there's no certain winner.

Since Magic Round there have been quality games and unexpected results.

Magic Round is definitely on my bucket list and I hope it stays in Brisbane for a while

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

A decently filled level 3 and 5 can draw 30-33k. Probably 2k reduced in the GA areas but we should really be moving towards 28-30k atm. Very keen to see how the corporates and members look.

yakstorm

First Grade
Looking forward past Magic Round, the Warriors have announced that kids get in free for their Sunday evening game against the Dolphins.

For Saturday's Rabbitohs v Eels game, all Parramatta Eels ticketed members have been given access to the game, which should hopefully help push up the potential crowd for the match.

Manly's clash against the Storm is already selling strongly, with very few seat tickets left. Weather will ultimately decide whether this is a 10K or 17K match.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dolphins August Perth game seems to be selling ok. Looks around a 1/3rd sold so far with no marketing yet. Not surprisingly the ridiculous priced behind the sticks seats arent selling well.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

Best women's Rugby crowd worldwide?

Edit: Just checked. RUWC final in 2021 drew 42k, we are sneaking up on it though and may take the record in the coming years.

Reactions: Vee

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only been on sale a few days and no marketing yet. Looks about a third or so all around the ground. South stand and corners doing ok, north seats not selling at all hardly no doubt due to wanting $75 to sit behind the sticks! Does feel like we are being rorted with the prices, more expensive than a Suncorp game!

At $90 main stand and $75 behind the sticks they are taking the pss a bit tbh. Its more expensive than last years double header at Optus! You can tell NRL managed that one and Dolphins are managing this one.

With the buzz around Perth admission I'll be surprised if it doesnt sell out or come close despite the two teams that are playing.

kurt faulk

Coach
If you're a deadshit racist you must love it. Can see why no one else wants to be there.

The Kogarah toilet is certainly full of shit:

But from the minute South Sydney players ran out on to the field to take on St George Illawarra, it was obvious some fans had sinister intentions.

In a situation both NSW Police and the NRL are now investigating, fans from both teams started an onslaught of racial comments directed at Indigenous stars Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker.

Before a ball had even been kicked, one of the first remarks was so disgustingly derogatory, The Daily Telegraph has elected not to publish it.

What was more shocking was that it prompted a raucous response of laughs and cheers from a group of socalled fans.

To make matters worse, standing beside me was one of my mates, a proud Indigenous man.

We looked at him, trying to gauge how uncomfortable he was made to feel in the situation. He was instantly upset.

He was heavily intimidated by the number of people around us who were joining in on the racist ‘jokes'.

And rightfully so.

so the ground sucks because a few fans are racist?

news flash, many fans are racist, especially in queensland.

the fact is kogarah is a wonderful ground to watch a league match. if you came and stood on the hill on an afternoon match you could enjoy the experience as well.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Yeah Kogarah has by far the best facilities of all the suburban grounds. It's great to watch footy at.

Not sure why people are surprised there are racists at footy games. There are dead shits everywhere unfortunately. As long as there a human beings in the world there will be racism.

Latest posts