What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 ICC Men's T20 World Cup

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Its a long way away (June 6 - June 30) but the qualification process is almost completed.

Tournament will be played in the West Indies and the USA. 20 teams will play, 18 have already qualified.

The hosts:
USA
West Indies
The top 8 from the 2022 WC:
Australia
England
India
Netherlands
New Zealand
Pakistan
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Next 2 teams in the world rankings:
Afghanistan
Bangladesh
European Qualifiers:
Ireland
Scotland
East asia Qualifiers:
PNG
American Qualifiers:
Canada
Asia Qualifier:
Nepal
Oman

African qualifiers under way with the top 2 through.

Then it is 4 groups of 5 followed by a super 8 stage, semis and final.

Bazal

Post Whore
Predicting a moral final of England vs India. The winner to be decided by which team feels more hard done by.

Now there's a conundrum for the ICC. Do you award the trophy to the moral victors, or the best team on paper?

King-Gutho94

Coach
It will be interesting how they decide the 4 groups of 5 at the start.

What teams get soft pools and what ones get the pool of death.

I reckon Pakistan may get screwed over somewhere.

mozza91

Coach
I hear every team who plays India will start with -100 runs just so we don’t have a repeat of the ODI World Cup fiasco.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If you have it every 2 years the more of a chance India might win.

They won the first one in 2007

There has been 7 or 8 since ? They really should have won at least 3 by now, considering they have the bestest tournament in world cricket The IPL, and BCCI influence

King-Gutho94

Coach
can't believe that the final of the 2022 T20 world cup was held in Australia about 12 months ago and I have no memory of it
It was a null & void World Cup because it got moved from 2020 due to covid.

Doesn't count in my eyes.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
3 games left today. As it stands Uganda are a clear 2nd and in prime position to qualify. Their assignment is simple: beat Rwanda (who are last on the table) and they qualify.

Lose and then Zimbabwe have a chance of sneaking through on NNR if they beat Kenya. Zim's NNR is vastly superior to anyones. Kenya would have to thrash Zim to leapfrog Uganda if Uganda lost.