What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2024 Membership

azza29

Juniors
Great effort from Broncos. A decade ago a lot of clubs weren’t focused on memberships and barely cracked 10k, seems everyone has now woken up to the revenue and engagement benefits of a solid membership program.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Brisbane 53,672
Canberra 19,559
Cronulla 15,108
Melbourne 20,000*
Newcastle 28,483
North Qld 17,481
St Geo Illa 12,499
South Sydney 29,132
Sydney 18,681

Not reported: Canterbury, Dolphins, Gold Coast, Manly, Parramatta, Penrith, Warriors, Wests Tigers

214,615 from nine clubs
* last recorded more than a month ago

Two new clubs reporting since last update on Feb 16, Broncos and Roosters.

This time last year 13 clubs were reporting (four more than right now), and the figure was 236,653

Harry O

Juniors
Brisbane 53,672
Canberra 19,559
Cronulla 15,108
Melbourne 20,000*
Newcastle 28,483
North Qld 17,481
St Geo Illa 12,499
South Sydney 29,132
Sydney 18,681

Not reported: Canterbury, Dolphins, Gold Coast, Manly, Parramatta, Penrith, Warriors, Wests Tigers

214,615 from nine clubs

This time last year 13 clubs were reporting (four more than right now), and the figure was 236,653
Manly has about 15k I think

The_Wookie

Bench
Brisbane 53,672
Canberra 19,559
Cronulla 15,108
Melbourne 20,000*
Newcastle 28,483
North Qld 17,481
St Geo Illa 12,499
South Sydney 29,132
Sydney 18,681

214,615 from nine clubs

Wests report 7,893 four days ago.

1711070571186.png

This is after they took off 10,000 non paying juniors.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How the hell did AFl manage to get a free Kayo subscription with a membership? And why hasnt NRL?

membership numbers are so fudged these days its pointless using them as any sort of reliable measure of revenue or active fan interest.

Canard

Immortal
How the hell did AFl manage to get a free Kayo subscription with a membership? And why hasnt NRL?
I don't believe its "free" just cheaper.

Mate of mine who is in the Qantas club mentioned to me the other day he gets Kayo at $15/month. And quite a lot of other clubs/organisations seem to do it also.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't believe its "free" just cheaper.

Mate of mine who is in the Qantas club mentioned to me the other day he gets Kayo at $15/month. And quite a lot of other clubs/organisations seem to do it also.
Ok did some more investigation and this is actually a new membership clubs are offering. Its called a digital membership and basically gets you Kayo plus members pack/benefits plus some offer a GA ticket thrown in. Cost is $250 a year price, KAYO is $35 a month so basically saving around $170 cash (+ members pack/benefits value) on a normal KAYO subscription.

Wish NRL clubs were doing this.

Last edited:

The_Wookie

Bench
Ok did some more investigation and this is actually a new membership clubs are offering. Its called a digital membership and basically gets you Kayo plus members pack/benefits plus some offer a GA ticket thrown in. Cost is $250 a year price, KAYO is $35 a month so basically saving around $170 cash (+ members pack/benefits value) on a normal KAYO subscription.

Wish NRL clubs were doing this.

Not really new, and not all AFL clubs are doing it.

Melbourne United in the NBL offered this deal as well.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not really new, and not all AFL clubs are doing it.

Melbourne United in the NBL offered this deal as well.
who isnt? Pretty much looks like they all are to me and they pretty much all charging $250 so Im guessing its some deal the clubs/AFL have done with news ltd.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
With the bumper sticker membership AFL membership numbers are now officially pointless in tracking and should never be spoken of

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The only true measure is to look at revenue and see what clubs are earning from memberships, merch and gate takings. That’s the truest measure of active fanbase.
You would think this to be the case

Do you think though that Kayo are asking for no money from GWS for the digital membership ?

If $250 Revenue results in a $200 expense to Kayo .. I would say revenue will be skewed

Perth Red

Post Whore
You would think this to be the case

Do you think though that Kayo are asking for no money from GWS for the digital membership ?

If $250 Revenue results in a $200 expense to Kayo .. I would say revenue will be skewed
Good point. Even if you hate afl it’s worth getting a membership just to save $170 off kayo. Has the NRL missed a trick here?