What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R2 Sat - North Qld 21-20* Newcastle @ QLD Country Bank

Round 2: North Qld v Newcastle

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

raider62

Juniors
I despise golden point in regular season games. Nobody (and I mean NOBODY) was bitching about draws back in 2002 for regular season games, but for some reason the NRL decided that we needed to change it and that a sloppy field goal competition was better than each side taking a point.

Worse still is that it's possible to lose the game in golden point without having possession of the football once. You'd think at the very least that if one team scores from the opening set of six, the other team should get a set and a chance at a response...
I thought golden point game about after one origin series (can't remember the year) where NSW won 1 game, qld won 1 game and then 1 game was drawn. Because qld had won the prior years series they retained the state of origin shield and most of nsw including the nrl went bananas and said that should never happen again and that there should always be a winner hence golden point and no more drawn games unless still level on points after golden point time.

wittyfan

Referee
I despise golden point in regular season games. Nobody (and I mean NOBODY) was bitching about draws back in 2002 for regular season games, but for some reason the NRL decided that we needed to change it and that a sloppy field goal competition was better than each side taking a point.

Worse still is that it's possible to lose the game in golden point without having possession of the football once. You'd think at the very least that if one team scores from the opening set of six, the other team should get a set and a chance at a response...
It's always been a farce and a blight on the game. Not to mention too how Golden Point is refereed differently with very few penalties blown. Plus how the NRL had felt the need a few years ago to have regular extra time first in finals games since they know deep down how unfair and ridiculous GP actually is.

nick87

Coach
I listen to a lot of Ricky Stuart pressers and that's quite a task... like there arent a lot of pressers i can think that inspire me less than Stuart's tearse, curt and passive aggressive bullshit

but Adam O'Brien just... i dont even know what it is.. but he doesnt have a f**king clue what he's doing or saying. 100% convinced of that. Think part of it is that he genuinely *sounds* like a f**king simpleton.
And i think he is one, but he might not be... but listen to a presser of his and tell me he's not got a voice you want to tune out instinctively.

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Immortal
Valentine Holmes is really off the nose now. Should never have gone to GP.

That’s the worst game I’ve seen him play for us. Real dick fingers effort

Couldn’t catch a cold or kick what should have been regulation goals

I was hoping he was benched at one stage he was so error prone

The Chad also seems not to know what to do in defence or be able to kick the ball out when needed

Canard

Immortal
That’s the worst game I’ve seen him play for us. Real dick fingers effort

Couldn’t catch a cold or kick what should have been regulation goals

I was hoping he was benched at one stage he was so error prone

The Chad also seems not to know what to do in defence or be able to kick the ball out when needed
As long as we have Granny taking those powerful hitups in the middle, we'll be fine.....

butchmcdick

Immortal
As long as we have Granny taking those powerful hitups in the middle, we'll be fine.....

Yeah

WTF was with that ?

Im really hoping we let Feldt get to the top try scorer for the club then replace him with someone who can run fast

McClean has the turning circle of the titanic

At least with Luki injured we have the Polynesian guy whose name starts with F and the bloke who killed it in our last trial whose name starts with M to come into the team

Surely Clifford is a better option than the Chad ?

Reflector

Juniors
I thought golden point game about after one origin series (can't remember the year) where NSW won 1 game, qld won 1 game and then 1 game was drawn. Because qld had won the prior years series they retained the state of origin shield and most of nsw including the nrl went bananas and said that should never happen again and that there should always be a winner hence golden point and no more drawn games unless still level on points after golden point time.
It happened twice in 1999 and 2002, and for a deciding game in Origin there needed to be some way to have a clear winner (I imagine if NSW had won the 1998 and 2001 series and “retained” it the Qlders would have demanded the shield be locked in a cupboard in Tasmania for a year).

But there’s a difference between Origin/ finals matches and regular season games obviously

borisdog

Juniors
I'd be happy to scrap GP in everything. 10 minutes each way and split the points if it's still even.

Grand Final - come back next week. Think of the money!

Origin - whatever.

Cowboyz

Juniors
I listen to a lot of Ricky Stuart pressers and that's quite a task... like there arent a lot of pressers i can think that inspire me less than Stuart's tearse, curt and passive aggressive bullshit

but Adam O'Brien just... i dont even know what it is.. but he doesnt have a f**king clue what he's doing or saying. 100% convinced of that. Think part of it is that he genuinely *sounds* like a f**king simpleton.
And i think he is one, but he might not be... but listen to a presser of his and tell me he's not got a voice you want to tune out instinctively.
I went back and watched the presser to gauge what you mean.

I completely agree. He sounds like a hungover slob.