What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R7 Sat - Penrith 22-6 Wests Tigers @ Carrington

Round 7: Penrith v Wests Tigers

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Missed calls in play happen all the time to every team. It’s the lower ranked teams that have to regularly deal with blatant errors from the bunker and calls at crucial times going against them. If that was a Panther or Bronco ankle tapped by the tigers rather than Olam, history says the tigers player would be in the bin. Not only that, the tigers had to use a challenge just to get a penalty. If you think the 50/50 and even 80/20 calls don’t favour the more recently successful clubs then you haven’t watched enough games.
Annesley will come out on Monday and say it was wrong, but that it’s open to ‘interpretation’ or some other bs, but the reality is those calls will continue to go against teams on the bottom half of the ladder.

Unrelated but did you realise that the r and the 3 in your username seem to be reversed sir

Missed calls in play happen all the time to every team. It’s the lower ranked teams that have to regularly deal with blatant errors from the bunker and calls at crucial times going against them. If that was a Panther or Bronco ankle tapped by the tigers rather than Olam, history says the tigers player would be in the bin. Not only that, the tigers had to use a challenge just to get a penalty. If you think the 50/50 and even 80/20 calls don’t favour the more recently successful clubs then you haven’t watched enough games.
Annesley will come out on Monday and say it was wrong, but that it’s open to ‘interpretation’ or some other bs, but the reality is those calls will continue to go against teams on the bottom half of the ladder.
I’ve watched a lot of games, including for many years when Penrith were the crap team at the bottom of the ladder.

You are looking at one call in the 15th minute of the game. The irony is that a few minutes before the same player that did the ankle tap had been fouled, and the player who did it put on report. Surely that doesn’t fit your narrative of Tigers players always being put in the bin.

And as an aside, I don’t think the Panthers touched the ball between the two Schneider incidents. So the ankle tap wouldn’t have occurred had Penrith got the correct call on the initial foul.

Im not suggesting to wrongs make a right, but what I am suggesting is that maybe it isn’t some big conspiracy against the Tigers, but maybe it’s just that you just can’t predict what the referee and bunker are going to do at any given moment.

tigr3

Juniors
I’ve watched a lot of games, including for many years when Penrith were the crap team at the bottom of the ladder.

You are looking at one call in the 15th minute of the game. The irony is that a few minutes before the same player that did the ankle tap had been fouled, and the player who did it put on report. Surely that doesn’t fit your narrative of Tigers players always being put in the bin.

And as an aside, I don’t think the Panthers touched the ball between the two Schneider incidents. So the ankle tap wouldn’t have occurred had Penrith got the correct call on the initial foul.

Im not suggesting to wrongs make a right, but what I am suggesting is that maybe it isn’t some big conspiracy against the Tigers, but maybe it’s just that you just can’t predict what the referee and bunker are going to do at any given moment.
Broadly I agree. I don’t think it’s a conspiracy and I don’t think it’s limited to the Tigers and Penrith. Over a long time I think there has been a tendency for decisions to go the way of the team favoured to win in circumstances where there is enough opportunity for referees to get them correct, particularly video ref decisions.

betcats

Referee

Yes Schneider should’ve been binned. We should’ve received 3 extra penalties the first of which, had it been given, means you don’t score the first try so I’d say the reffing didn’t really help anyone win the game. At 10-6 in the second half you guys had a tonne of ball in good field position and didn’t score, you had heaps of chances after that sin bin didn’t happen. It’s not the reason you lost it’s just one call that didn’t go your way.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
We lack polish in the outside backs. Any other decent team probably goes into the half time break leading by 1 or 2 tries over the riff.
I thought we held Penrith as best we could, realistically we’re still a bottom 4 team so it’s about the best we could have hoped for

pleased to see Samuela Fainu back, the guy will be a nightmare for opposition teams for years to come. Galvin looked short of a run but he’ll be fine

Latest posts