What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R8 Sat - North Qld 20-26 Penrith @ QLD Country Bank

Round 8: North Qld v Penrith

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 8
North Queensland Cowboys v Penrith Panthers
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba (TICKETS)

Saturday 27 April 2024
NRL kickoff 7:35pm.

Broadcast live on Fox, Kayo.

NORTHQLD2024.png

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Tomas Chester 5. Semi Valemei 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Reece Robson 10. Griffin Neame 11. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki 12. Jeremiah Nanai 13. Reuben Cotter 14. Jake Granville 15. Jason Taumalolo 16. Sam McIntyre 17. Thomas Mikaele 18. Viliami Vailea 19. Jack Gosiewski 20. Marly Bitungane 21. Jamal Shibasaki 22. Jake Clifford

In: Thomas Mikaele (bench), Viliami Vailea (bench), Marly Bitungane (reserve), Jamal Shibasaki (reserve), Jake Clifford (reserve)
Changes: Jason Taumalolo (front row to bench), Jack Gosiewski (second row to bench), Jeremiah Nanai (bench to second row), Griffin Neame (bench to front row)

PENRITH2024.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Izack Tago 4. Taylan May 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Scott Sorensen 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Daine Laurie 15. Lindsay Smith 16. Liam Henry 17. Luke Garner 18. Matt Eisenhuth 19. Paul Alamoti 20. Brad Schneider 21. Mavrik Geyer 22. Tyrone Peachey

In: Taylan May (centre), Nathan Cleary (halfback), Matt Eisenhuth (bench), Mavrik Geyer (reserve), Tyrone Peachey (reserve)
Changes: Paul Alamoti (centre to bench), Brad Schneider (halfback to reserve)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Kasey Badger
Sideline Officials: Nick Morel, Jarrod Cole
Video Referee: Adam Gee

Match facts

HEAD TO HEAD - 1995 - 2023​

TOTALNORTH QLDPENRITHDRAWN
ALL MATCHES4621250
QLD C. BANK3210

LAST FIVE MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2021Round 1PENRITH 24-0BlueBet14077
2022Round 12PENRITH 22-0BlueBet17125
2022Round 25NORTH QLD 38-8QLD C. Bank23840
2023Round 16NORTH QLD 27-23QLD C. Bank17277
2023Round 27PENRITH 44-12BlueBet21525

BIGGEST WINS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2004Round 24PENRITH 56-6Penrith12391
2013Round 22NORTH QLD 36-4Centrebet6611

NEXT FOUR MATCHES​

Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12
NORTH QLDDOLPHINS (H)GOLD COAST (A)SOUTH SYDNEY (A)WESTS TIGERS (H)
PENRITHSOUTH SYDNEY (A)CANTERBURY (H)WARRIORS (A)CRONULLA (A)

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 5 Round 6 Round 7
NORTH QLDGOLD COASTW 35-22PARRAMATTAL 20-27CRONULLAL 6-42
PENRITHMANLYL 18-32(BYE)WESTS TIGERSW 22-6

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Finally get to play these pretenders in a game that's not Origin effected or we aren't resting the whole squad.

Panthers 20+

GongPanther

Referee
Cowboys “Defence” jersey.

I thought they were meant to honour the ANZAC’s ???
That Cows jersey seems to be a contradiction in terms going by their last outing. I don't think it's going to be the walkover some in here and the media think. Panthers are still working on their defensive structures, so I'm quite certain of a scoreline of around Panthers 24-12.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Cowboys “Defence” jersey.

I thought they were meant to honour the ANZAC’s ???
It's to remind the players that they need to defend. It goes in one ear and out the other, so they are trying a visual cue.

I think panthers will tear them up through the middle and create havoc out wide. Riff 38-10.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I get it that the Cowboys were terrible against the Sharks but I am not sure why people think this will be a blow out. Other than against the Roosters we have been average at best this year. Cleary returning should help but we were very clunky against the Tigers last week and got pumped by Manly before that. Our forwards this year have been nothing like the last few years.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I get it that the Cowboys were terrible against the Sharks but I am not sure why people think this will be a blow out. Other than against the Roosters we have been average at best this year. Cleary returning should help but we were very clunky against the Tigers last week and got pumped by Manly before that. Our forwards this year have been nothing like the last few years.
Yeah but the Cowboys suck

Apey

Staff member
Panthers don't really put on scores and this being in NQLD helps Cowboys. Similar score to the Tiger game I think, maybe an extra try or two to Panthers.

Latest posts