What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 10 - Vs Dragons

This is the team JD, Ellison, Walker and Mitchell assembled over the last couple of seasons.
JD has gone, now it's time to get rid of the other cancers of this club.

Hi Pauly1 i reckon cody tried his heart out last night for our rabbletohs/clownitohs/jokeitohs/wreckeditohs

callmack1

Staff member
Well to say that was disappointing would be an absolute understatement. Look, I know we had a depleted side, smashed by injury and all that, but gee wiz, I really did expect better. Going into the game, I was optimistic and actually thought we were a real chance of winning. But the boys were far from it.

No matter how many guys we have out, to dish up a performance like that, was unacceptable. The Dragons are a bog average side, and they played pretty poorly again last night, but they still looked miles the better team. How the f**k does that happen? Honestly, right from the opening set when they made more meters, they looked miles the better side, and that's saying something.

It's the same old problems too. Our defence was dog shit. I paid particular attention to the line speed last night and you know what I saw? Nothing. Literally, our boys would take two steps forward and stop and wait. Why?? I don't understand it but it's complete and utter bullshit. That's why St George Illawarra were constantly making more meters than us and pouring through the middle. It made our pack look like a bunch of little b**tches. Then kick defence, something that has been an issue for a number of years, was awful again. Three tries off kicks. For f**k sake when will we learn?

Same problems in attack too, just a comedy of errors. Gave ourselves zero chance. I know we scored a couple of nice tries which were the plays of the night, but aside from then, our attack in the red zone was extremely poor. We looked lost and like we don't practice any plays. A team of individuals. Cody really tried but when our main strike weapons like Trell and Cody aren't in the game and barely touch the ball, we're in trouble.

I just can't believe that we couldn't even compete with the Dragons. The commentators kept saying we were having a real crack, but I don't think we were at all. And when you're at the 'they're having a crack' level against the Dragons, it shows how far you've fallen.

Really disappointed in Latrell as he completely took the piss in his return game. I think everyone was expecting a different Trell but it looked exactly the same, if not worse. Nothing has changed. Disinterested, unfit, a real lack of effort and lets be honest, he barely got involved when he really needed him. His efforts cleaning up a couple of those loose balls in-goal says it all. He scored two tries, the last of which he celebrated like it was a match-winner, which means he'll pat himself on the back and say he had a good game. Not even close. If he carries on like this, he can piss off.

Tallis was good, completely changed the shape of our attack when he was on. I thought Cooky was pretty good, Cody really tried and Jai did a good job too. Other than that, everyone else was either poor or didn't stand out and that's just not good enough.

So disappointed but it's past the point of getting angry. Why bother??

Our Season hits a new low and just gets worse and worse with no end in sight. God friggin damn.

callmack1

Staff member

Well to say that was disappointing would be an absolute understatement. Look, I know we had a depleted side, smashed by injury and all that, but gee wiz, I really did expect better. Going into the game, I was optimistic and actually thought we were a real chance of winning. But the boys were far from it.

No matter how many guys we have out, to dish up a performance like that, was unacceptable. The Dragons are a bog average side, and they played pretty poorly again last night, but they still looked miles the better team. How the f**k does that happen? Honestly, right from the opening set when they made more meters, they looked miles the better side, and that's saying something.

It's the same old problems too. Our defence was dog shit. I paid particular attention to the line speed last night and you know what I saw? Nothing. Literally, our boys would take two steps forward and stop and wait. Why?? I don't understand it but it's complete and utter bullshit. That's why St George Illawarra were constantly making more meters than us and pouring through the middle. It made our pack look like a bunch of little b**tches. Then kick defence, something that has been an issue for a number of years, was awful again. Three tries off kicks. For f**k sake when will we learn?

Same problems in attack too, just a comedy of errors. Gave ourselves zero chance. I know we scored a couple of nice tries which were the plays of the night, but aside from then, our attack in the red zone was extremely poor. We looked lost and like we don't practice any plays. A team of individuals. Cody really tried but when our main strike weapons like Trell and Cody aren't in the game and barely touch the ball, we're in trouble.

I just can't believe that we couldn't even compete with the Dragons. The commentators kept saying we were having a real crack, but I don't think we were at all. And when you're at the 'they're having a crack' level against the Dragons, it shows how far you've fallen.

Really disappointed in Latrell as he completely took the piss in his return game. I think everyone was expecting a different Trell but it looked exactly the same, if not worse. Nothing has changed. Disinterested, unfit, a real lack of effort and lets be honest, he barely got involved when he really needed him. His efforts cleaning up a couple of those loose balls in-goal says it all. He scored two tries, the last of which he celebrated like it was a match-winner, which means he'll pat himself on the back and say he had a good game. Not even close. If he carries on like this, he can piss off.

Tallis was good, completely changed the shape of our attack when he was on. I thought Cooky was pretty good, Cody really tried and Jai did a good job too. Other than that, everyone else was either poor or didn't stand out and that's just not good enough.

Our Season hits a new low and just gets worse and worse with no end in sight. God friggin damn.

Dion teaupa i think he did not kick a ball at half back last night he was very very poor? I guess hornby told him let cody do all the kicking.sack the board room no wonder rusty ripped into them.

Pauly1

Juniors
Dion teaupa i think he did not kick a ball at half back last night he was very very poor? I guess hornby told him let cody do all the kicking.sack the board room no wonder rusty ripped into them.
Cody Walker won't let any half back play their natural game, he makes all the dud calls. Only half back that didn't take shit from Walker was shown the door (Reynolds).
Get rid of him!

Rabbit57

Juniors
He ran twice and looked dangerous. Problem is he is not allowed to have the ball if Cody wants it and the ball barely came down his side. Makes it easy for the defence if they only have to cover half the field.

assess5

Juniors
Cody Walker is a swinging door when defending his line - sticks his arm out and that's it.
Whiten is a much better option. Until that happens and Walker gone, Souths will keep getting soft try's scored against them.
I am so tied watching Walker's powder puff kicks on the fifth tackle.
Mitchell's attempted line drop out were atrocious - if he can't do the job, take off him, give the job to someone who can. Does Mitchell even practice line dropouts at training or is he and Cody exempt.

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
Cody Walker is a swinging door when defending his line - sticks his arm out and that's it.
Whiten is a much better option. Until that happens and Walker gone, Souths will keep getting soft try's scored against them.
I am so tied watching Walker's powder puff kicks on the fifth tackle.
Mitchell's attempted line drop out were atrocious - if he can't do the job, take off him, give the job to someone who can. Does Mitchell even practice line dropouts at training or is he and Cody exempt.
Cody for Blues origin halfback

Nafedogg

Juniors

No point getting angry anymore brother. This is rock bottom, season done and best we can do is not end up with the spoon. I’ll never not love my team but I know this year cannot be saved. We will go through the motions the next 17 rounds, maybe scrape a win, maybe not. Glad I didn’t pay for a Kayo subscription to watch this year lol

Rabbits20

Immortal
He wasn’t involved in attack Trell anywhere much as he had to be. Then we concede 3 tries off kicks on 2 of those he needs to be better just so sloppy. You’d think he would have tried to get fitter in those 3 weeks but nope.

I. Thompson was poor I thought but did well to score the try.

Wighton poor, Gehmat did his job I guess and Cheeks tried hard.

Dion looked good when running the ball, Cody was our best along with Damien and Tallis.

Moale and Keppie just not enough metres for starting props. Keaon had some strong runs but couple of poor errors. Jai tried his backside off. Bloke clearly was in pain.

Havili can’t start next week should be on bench Tallis to start. Pete played 20mins I didn’t see anything to say why he should start over Damien. Tom had some impact but not good in defence like Keppie. Frenchy tried hard in his 15mins.

I actually thought our goal line defence was a bit better it was conceding 3 tries off kicks that annoyed me.

You can see the effort is there but lacking the cattle currently and don’t win the big moments overall apart from the Damien chase our kick chase and efforts off the ball are still poor.

All in all though we just don’t have the forwards we need to buy a couple from somewhere,

Latest posts