What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 11 - Vs Cowboys

callmack1

Staff member
Righteo guys and girls, it's time to regroup, lick our wounds and get ready to go again as we head into another week. This time, we're taking on the Cowboys in Magic Round up in Brisbane. This is always one of my favourite Rounds of the year, it's a pretty cool vibe. We're currently the only team to have never lost a Magic Round game. Sadly though, I can't see that continuing this weekend. We won't be producing much magic.

It's hard to get a read on the Cowboys. They started the year on fire but have been really struggling lately. However, we're now at the level where every game is tough, so this will be no different. Some troops back will help.

God I'd love a win.

speedster

Juniors
What chance we see Wighton join Walker in the halves this week with AJ back out wide allowing Shibasaki to play centre? I get the feeling it's pretty slim and I don't understand why. Teaupa was steady but did very little as Walker did all the kicking. Wighton has a big boot on him but is stuck out in the centres. Play them together please. They're two State of Origin players and we are firing on one cylinder at the minute.

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday baby!!

Good to see we have some troops returning with AJ and Gags back, that helps a lot and makes our backline look a lot stronger. It also means that finally we get to see Izaac at center at NRL level. I still believe that's his best position.

Aside from them, the starting side is the same. I would've liked to have seen tallis start over Liva.

Taane off the bench is interesting and it means we only have one prop on the interchange. I guess that means Keaon or Jai will play a bit of middle.

It's a better side than last week at least.

callmack1

Staff member

Righteo guys and girls, it's time to regroup, lick our wounds and get ready to go again as we head into another week. This time, we're taking on the Cowboys in Magic Round up in Brisbane. This is always one of my favourite Rounds of the year, it's a pretty cool vibe. We're currently the only team to have never lost a Magic Round game. Sadly though, I can't see that continuing this weekend. We won't be producing much magic.

It's hard to get a read on the Cowboys. They started the year on fire but have been really struggling lately. However, we're now at the level where every game is tough, so this will be no different. Some troops back will help.

God I'd love a win.

Souths will win and ile be calling them thewinnertohs

callmack1

Staff member

All three days completely sold out already. That's pretty wild.

callmack1

Staff member

Not good to hear Davvy and Liva didn't train but I don't think there's any concern, they're obviously just a little sick.

Starting to get a little amped for tomorrow again. I love Magic Round!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well here we are Game Day is just about upon us and it’s Magic Round a round we love every year where all teams come together and play at Suncorp. I think our record is actually pretty good in magic round. Tomorrow we take on the Cowboys and it’ll be another tough game. The Cows have been up and down this year. They started well but have lost their last 5 to be now 4 and 6 tomorrow is a vital game for them tomorrow and Payten will have them right up for it. For us we are 1 and 8 we all know it’s been a dreadful year but we all need to stick together through this tough period and we will be ok. Again I’m going in with low expectations expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

For us we still have a lot of guys out of our side but it’s nice to get AJ and J. Gagai back on our wings. I felt at times the last two games we have been better in patches but not for long enough. We are just leaking far too many points still. We need to be aware and limit tries off kicks we are leaking far too many all the boys need to work hard for one another. Where it will start though is a good completion rate and having line speed and kick pressure on etc all those little things we haven’t been doing enough. What we need to see is some desperation and digging deep. I feel we have some good points in us. What we can’t have is a good 15-20mins then clock off for 20mins you can’t do that in the NRL you just can’t. So hopefully our pack can improve and make enough metres for our spine to get involved. I’d like to see Wighton have a better game as well and Trell get his hands on the ball more in attack. We need to be patient don’t look to score off every play or look for the easy option. And most of all we need to have better discipline. Do lots of these things we give ourselves a chance. I dunno about you guys but when our next win comes I think I’ll be very emotional and will saviour it hopefully that is tomorrow. Looking at the Cows Drinky and Hold s pose threat plenty of it, Dearden as well and Robson. They have strong guys in Nanai and Luki on the edges and strong middles too Cotter, McLean, Neame, Mikaele, Taumalolo as well so we need to try hang in there in the middle as best we can.

For those who are QLD members and supporters hopefully you’ll be at the game and to the Burrow I’m sure I’ll hear that South Sydney chant through my screen at home.

OK AT 7:44PM TOMORROW NIGHT EVERY RABBITOHS MEMBER AND SUPPORTER ON YOUR FEET MAKE PLENTY OF NOISE FOR YOUR BOYS CLAP YOUR HANDS AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS!!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

CMON SOUTHS SHOW SOME ENTHUSIAM

UP AND HIT EM LADS AND AGAIN

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GET EM ONSIDE PETER

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN SECOND EFFORT LEG PULL

BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOO THATS A FLOP

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO HIGH TACKLE

HOW LONG CAN THEY LAY ON BBBOOOOOOOOO PETER CMON MATE

CMON GOUGH WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH SIDES

BBBOOOOOO TOUCHIE THATS FORWARD WAKE UP

callmack1

Staff member
Game day of Magic Round for our Rabbitohs is finally here. That's right, the day is finally here!! The day has arrived and once again, I find myself somewhat excited and optimistic about our chances tonight.

It's Magic Round, so I'd like to finally see some real magic from our boys, and that's what it's going to take to win this one tonight. We have an impeccable record in Magic Round clashes, winning all four of our games and being the only side in the comp to never lose in that fixture. So, we're gunning to make it five straight and keep that record intact tonight. We're probably in the worst position we've ever been in heading into a Magic Round though so the chances of that happening aren't looking great. Anyway, I love this Round and will always get up for it, I hope the boys do too.

We're taking on the Cowboys tonight who come into this one on their knees as well, just like us. They started the year well but have now completely collapsed to suffer five straight losses in recent weeks. So hopefully, just like us, they'll be down on confidence. However, you look at their side on paper and think how the hell are they where they are? They are stacked on paper, just not performing. So, I guess that means they are capable of turning it on at any moment, so we have to be wary of that.

In a way, we're very similar to the North Queensland in that we have a great side on paper but it's not translating onto the field. I'd like to see us finally fire up tonight and do a job. Maybe being on the big stage will help.

I wouldn't say I'm confident, but I would say I'm optimistic. But we're really up against it again and it's going to take an insanely big effort to get a result.

Let's gooooooo!

Bring the f**king magic.

Glory, Glory.