What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 4 - Vs Bulldogs

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Good morning my fellow South Sydney members and fans! Rise and shine, get up and get moving as easter is here. A massive day is here. Good Friday, and you know what that means, it's game day!!!! The easter Bunnies are on today and will take the field in our first game at home against one of our old foes in the Bulldogs. It doesn't get much bigger than this. The annual Good Friday clash which is always one of the biggest games of the year, against one of our most fierce rivals who we have nearly a 90-year history with, two of the most passionate clubs with two of the biggest and most passionate supporter bases, I'm sure the crowd will be heaving. Add to that that we are yet to have a win and are under just about the most pressure the club has ever been under and jeez, it's shaping up to be a gigantic day.

The stakes couldn't be higher honestly. Win today, and we relieve a lot of pressure, potentially kick-start our Season finally, and shut up the noise. But lose, and to be honest, I really don't even want to think about it. It'd be just about the lowest point the club has reached in a long time. The pressure is on, and I think I speak for all of us when I say I want this so friggin bad today.

Standing in our way is Canterbury and I honestly think this is going to be one of our tougher Good Friday fixtures for quite some time. They come into this one with a stronger side than they have fielded in the past and they'll be full of confidence after last week. They'll smell blood in the water the way we're going and would love to heap more misery on us, I'm sure. I'm relatively confident that we can get on top of them in the middle, but out wide, I am a little concerned. They have a fair bit of strike out there, especially with the likes of Ado-Carr, Kikau and Crichton now there. Our edge defence certainly isn't the best so that makes me nervous.

Really today, I just want to see one of those 'enough is enough' sort of performances. Where finally the boys stand up, sort their shit out and put in a performance we know they are all capable of. Cut the bullshit, lift and put some pride and passion back in that jersey. Lift your effort areas, hold the ball better, and we can win this!! Show them who we are. Show them we are South Sydney and we're still a threat in 2024.

I'll be there, a huge occasion for me as it's my first ever Souths home game. I'll be in the Burrow shouting and screaming my lungs out so let's friggin gooooooooo!!!!!

Let's hope this is a great Friday, not just a good one.

I'm nervous, but excited. So ready.

Glory, Glory.
Hoping for a win this arvo but who knows what they will dish up ???!!!
Can’t believe a club with our roster, facilities, resources has dug itself such a hole.
The damage done over the last half of last season and the start of this season has been inexcusable and there has been NO accountability….

Travitoh

First Grade
Second best again. Only in the contest thanks to a couple of bombed opportunities by the opposition.

speedster

Juniors
Yep. Line speed lasted 5 minutes. Sets on their line mostly too flat and lacking in creativity and attacking shape.

Dogs' line speed is superhuman on the other hand. How they haven't been pinged for offside is beyond me but on the run of play, we are lucky to only be behind by two. Maybe another 5-10 minute burst might be enough to win this one but I'm not confident. We do not look even close to what a finals side should.

Thumper

Juniors
Some of the dumbest plays in rugby league history.
Hawkins kicking is rubbish.
still no forwards who want to run the ball
Hard.
make it hard for themselves.

Travitoh

First Grade
Happy to get the win but still pessimistic about the year ahead. That's probably the smallest pack we'll play all year and got bossed.

Milne is not a winger and got let off by JAC going off at half time.

Focussing on some positives that stood out to me -
Shaq was strong but lacks the fitness to really impact a game.
Duncan was great relieving Murray which will be an asset moving forward.
Cook looked dangerous out of dummy half.
It was good to see AJ find his mojo after a slow start to the season and put us in a strong position in the lead up to a couple tries.
Wighton was strong, especially in defence.
Koala was a lot more involved and is definitely more effective on the right.

themacemaceman

Juniors
A step in the right direction today and more importantly 2 points.
I actually liked the fact that both Cody and Latrell didn’t have huge games , but we got a win. We can’t rely on them alone to win us games every week.
96% completion rate apparently. Just goes to show if you hang onto the ball , you have a much greater chance of winning even despit the penalty count against us.
I though Wighton was great today , one of our best.

Hellray

Juniors
Happy to get the win but still pessimistic about the year ahead. That's probably the smallest pack we'll play all year and got bossed.

It was good to see AJ find his mojo after a slow start to the season and put us in a strong position in the lead up to a couple tries.
What I liked from cook on that huge break early in the second half he didn’t try to kick it forward of the defenders. (Cody was on his left pointing for it.) he just looked for options and takes the tackle. The boys tend to get a little kick happy at times when they make breaks instead of just taking the tackle and getting a roll on

Thumper

Juniors

Wighton was strong, especially in defence.
Spot on. Milne isn’t a fast winger. I can put up with him because he genuinely has a crack every week. He tries and he cares.

Travitoh

First Grade
Spot on. Milne isn’t a fast winger. I can put up with him because he genuinely has a crack every week. He tries and he cares.
I try not to knock him because he does put in the effort every week but he is such a frustrating watch on the wing. Especially his defensive decisions that allows his opposite number to get outside of him unmarked. I'm sure he'd be at least serviceable at second row where after Koala, we really lack first grade quality.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Positives
-Our backs were against the wall and we fought back. The penalty count was ridiculous.
-I thought our forwards were a lot better this week.
-Our left edge looks very lethal.
-Tallis, Burgess, Cook, Murray and Koloamatagi the standouts in the forwards for me.

Negatives
-This dogs pack is very weak so i wouldnt get too excited
-Latrell still very concerning in defence that second try was literally his fault he was walking towards the winger after that kick.
-Cody is looking old and slow.
-Latrell needs to run the ball and stop trying to be a halfback.

Thumper

Juniors
Positives
-Our backs were against the wall and we fought back. The penalty count was ridiculous.
-I thought our forwards were a lot better this week.
-Our left edge looks very lethal.
-Tallis, Burgess, Cook, Murray and Koloamatagi the standouts in the forwards for me.

Negatives
-This dogs pack is very weak so i wouldnt get too excited
-Latrell still very concerning in defence that second try was literally his fault he was walking towards the winger after that kick.
-Cody is looking old and slow.
-Latrell needs to run the ball and stop trying to be a halfback.
We get it. You don’t like Cody and latrell.