What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

mattchuot

Juniors
Flanno said Bird will play at right centre but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will start there. He could start on the bench allowing Lomax to switch to fullback and Sloan to the wing. Bird on the bench would also ensure the halves, fullback, hooker, centre and wing are covered incase of an injury.

For example:
- If one of the halves or centres are injured Bird goes in as a straight swap
- If hooker is injured, Kyle goes to hooker and Bird into the halves
- If a winger is injured, Sloan to wing, Lomax to fullback and Bird to centre
- If Sloan is injured at fullback, Lomax goes back and Bird to centre

It may seem convoluted but Bird on the bench gives Flanno plenty of contingency plans if there is an injury in any of those positions.

Last edited:

Parko1310

Juniors
Flanno said Bird will play at right centre but that doesn’t necessarily mean he will start there. He could start on the bench allowing Lomax to switch to fullback and Sloan to the wing. Bird on the bench would also ensure the halves, fullback, hooker, centre and wing are covered incase of an injury.

For example:
- If one of the halves or centres are injured Bird goes in as a straight swap
- If hooker is injured, Kyle goes to hooker and Bird into the halves
- If a winger is injured, Sloan to wing, Lomax to fullback and Bird to centre
- If Sloan is injured at fullback, Lomax goes back and Bird to centre

It may seem convoluted but Bird on the bench gives Flanno plenty of contingency plans if there is an injury in any of those positions.
Issue is Liddle is not an 80 minute hooker. He can play it if he has to but you won't get any of the good parts of his game and he becomes no more than serviceable. Plus you can't just be changing your halves around mid-game all the time, especially when you consider that Kyle and Bird are completely different styles of player. It completely changes the rhythm and setup of the side. I think out of necessity Mulheisen needs to be in the team so we have two hookers. With this, you can't afford to carry Bird on the bench in my view. Second grade is where Bird should start.

kit66

Bench
Issue is Liddle is not an 80 minute hooker. He can play it if he has to but you won't get any of the good parts of his game and he becomes no more than serviceable. Plus you can't just be changing your halves around mid-game all the time, especially when you consider that Kyle and Bird are completely different styles of player. It completely changes the rhythm and setup of the side. I think out of necessity Mulheisen needs to be in the team so we have two hookers. With this, you can't afford to carry Bird on the bench in my view. Second grade is where Bird should start.

That's our biggest issue right now and I don't think Mulheisen is the answer, we need to sign a decent hooker asap, before round 1 if possible. I agree we can't be moving the pieces mid game every game to compensate for Liddles' inadequacies. We have to get our spine settled and firing, it's our only chance for success this year. We have to do something and fast.

Dragon David

First Grade
That's our biggest issue right now and I don't think Mulheisen is the answer, we need to sign a decent hooker asap, before round 1 if possible. I agree we can't be moving the pieces mid game every game to compensate for Liddles' inadequacies. We have to get our spine settled and firing, it's our only chance for success this year. We have to do something and fast.
I thought that signing a good hooker to back up Liddle was high on the agenda of the Dragons recruitment team, is/was it not? I'm wondering what is around the corner with this need? Are they giving it a big miss or are they quietly negotiating a deal with some one - not many good ones available now I don't think?

I thought that signing a good hooker to back up Liddle was high on the agenda of the Dragons recruitment team, is/was it not? I'm wondering what is around the corner with this need? Are they giving it a big miss or are they quietly negotiating a deal with some one - not many good ones available now I don't think?
Dragon David,
I would not be too concerned about many good ones being available now.
In the NRL, it is more a case of who can become available.
If we sign the winger from Manly, that will take us to a squad of 30.
Like you, I really believe we need another decent quality hooker as a back up/interchange option for Liddle.
I have no doubt Flanagan is continuously looking at options for moving players on and bringing in more new blood.
Hopefully those changes take place sooner rather than later, especially with our first preseason game on Saturday 17 February.

Murfy

Juniors
Came across this photo of the boys on the central coast just now. Flanno said he’d play his best 20/21 players against manly in the opposed session. Counted 18 players here plus Allan who’s done his acl. Looks like this is our current best 18 players. Interesting to note that rava is the only noted winger in the photo. Looks likely that lomax will be playing on the wing and interchanging with Sloan. IMG_7840.jpeg

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragon David,
I would not be too concerned about many good ones being available now.
In the NRL, it is more a case of who can become available.
If we sign the winger from Manly, that will take us to a squad of 30.
Like you, I really believe we need another decent quality hooker as a back up/interchange option for Liddle.
I have no doubt Flanagan is continuously looking at options for moving players on and bringing in more new blood.
Hopefully those changes take place sooner rather than later, especially with our first preseason game on Saturday 17 February.
Thanks Desperate.

Dragon David

First Grade
Came across this photo of the boys on the central coast just now. Flanno said he’d play his best 20/21 players against manly in the opposed session. Counted 18 players here plus Allan who’s done his acl. Looks like this is our current best 18 players. Interesting to note that rava is the only noted winger in the photo. Looks likely that lomax will be playing on the wing and interchanging with Sloan. View attachment 83795
All looking good to go! JDB looks like he has put on more beef and muscle and Suli showing off his build. Even Ben Hunt is smiling hahaha!

TheRev

First Grade
Ok I finally got off my ass to double check our roster situation.. Ramsey was ruled out a few days ago, which seems to be now official finally, so that leaves us with 29 rostered, but if we go and sign Tuipulotu.. thats it.. there is no spare hooker coming.. that makes me very nervous.

I've listed players by position (take that with a grain of salt), but what I hadn't realised is we have 5 kids already promised 2025 contracts.. guys who have really barely touched NSW Cup..... im actually a bit nervous that we have a million 2nd rowers and props coming thru, but really thats it.. I'm not seeing the star backs or hooker at all.

Note: Apologies if I've left off your favourite junior... some of the uncontracted kids I mentioned are just based on hype, but they have been playing rep footy so these are the good ones.. almost every one of em a VERY young 2nd rower or prop..

2024 Dragons First Grade Roster:
1Corey AllanInjured
2Tyrell SloanFullback
3Mathew FeagaiWinger
4Sione FinauWinger
5Mikaele RavalawaWinger
6Max FeagaiCentre
7Zac LomaxCentre
8Moses SuliCentre
9Savelio TamaleCentre
10Jack BirdCentre
11Kyle FlanaganHalves
12Ben Hunt (c)Halves
13Jesse MarschkeHalves
14Paul TurnerHalves
15Jacob LiddleHooker
16Blake LawrieProp
17Francis MoloProp
18Michael MoloProp
19Ben Murdoch-MasilaProp
20Toby CouchmanProp
21Alec TuitavakeProp
22Viliami FifitaProp
23Jack de BelinProp/13
24Hame SeleProp/13
25Jaydn Su'A2nd Row
26Dan Russell2nd Row
27Ryan Couchman2nd Row
28Tom Eisenhuth2nd Row
29RFM2nd Row
30??????
2025 Contracts incoming:
Dylan Egan2nd Row
Jacob Halangahu2nd Row
Loko Pasifiki TongaProp
Cyrus Stanley-TraillProp
Hamish StewartProp
2024 Dev Squad not already mentioned:
Josh CoricProp
Corey AckersProp/13
Connor MulhrisenHooker
Jackson Shereb2nd Row
No Contract, likely need one asap:
Nick Tsougranis2nd Row
Lyhkan King-TogiaHalves
Need to be locked up shortly:
Finau LatuProp
Ryan HutchinsonProp
Jett LiuProp
Viliami Hikila2nd Row
Kade ReedHalves
Hayden BuchananCentre (or 2nd Row)

Last edited:

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Ok I finally got off my ass to double check our roster situation.. Ramsey was ruled out a few days ago, which seems to be now official finally, so that leaves us with 29 rostered, but if we go and sign Tuipulotu.. thats it.. there is no spare hooker coming.. that makes me very nervous.

I've listed players by position (take that with a grain of salt), but what I hadn't realised is we have 5 kids already promised 2025 contracts.. guys who have really barely touched NSW Cup..... im actually a bit nervous that we have a million 2nd rowers and props coming thru, but really thats it.. I'm not seeing the star backs or hooker at all.

Note: Apologies if I've left off your favourite junior... some of the uncontracted kids I mentioned are just based on hype, but they have been playing rep footy so these are the good ones.. almost every one of em a VERY young 2nd rower or prop..

2024 Dragons First Grade Roster:
1Corey AllanInjured
2Tyrell SloanFullback
3Mathew FeagaiWinger
4Sione FinauWinger
5Mikaele RavalawaWinger
6Max FeagaiCentre
7Zac LomaxCentre
8Moses SuliCentre
9Savelio TamaleCentre
10Jack BirdCentre
11Kyle FlanaganHalves
12Ben Hunt (c)Halves
13Jesse MarschkeHalves
14Paul TurnerHalves
15Jacob LiddleHooker
16Blake LawrieProp
17Francis MoloProp
18Michael MoloProp
19Ben Murdoch-MasilaProp
20Toby CouchmanProp
21Alec TuitavakeProp
22Viliami FifitaProp
23Jack de BelinProp/13
24Hame SeleProp/13
25Jaydn Su'A2nd Row
26Dan Russell2nd Row
27Ryan Couchman2nd Row
28Tom Eisenhuth2nd Row
29RFM2nd Row
30??????
2025 Contracts incoming:
Dylan Egan2nd Row
Jacob Halangahu2nd Row
Loko Pasifiki TongaProp
Cyrus Stanley-TraillProp
Hamish StewartProp
2024 Dev Squad not already mentioned:
Josh CoricProp
Corey AckersProp/13
Connor MulhrisenHooker
Jackson Shereb2nd Row
No Contract, likely need one asap:
Nick Tsougranis2nd Row
Lyhkan King-TogiaHalves
Need to be locked up shortly:
Finau LatuProp
Ryan HutchinsonProp
Viliami Hikila2nd Row
Kade ReedHalves
Hayden BuchananCentre (or 2nd Row)
Nice, position wise i think Cyrus is more backrow but not100% sure, also thought Hamish is a 13 in the Yeo mould and Finau Latu plays 13 and i dont think i have ever seen Buchanan play 2nd Row.

TheRev

First Grade
Marschke training at hooker, and doing well I hear. With him and Flanno junior, we will be okay at hooker.
Only prob is that leaves us short in the halves, the irony ;-)

I literally dont know who will partner King Togia if Marschke is now a hooker.. its also possible Marshke is only the hooker is Liddle in injured..

But I still think the last slot should be a 6/7 or 9...

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
So if we are basing the likely starting team on the above photo and comments by Flano re Bird and Sloan etc

No Couchmans was a BIG surprise !!!

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mikaele Ravalawa
3. Birdy
4. Moses Suli
5. Zac Lomax
6. Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Francis Molo
11. Jaydn Su'A
12. RFM
13. Jack de Belin

14. Hame Sele
15. Fafita
16. Eisenhuth
17. BMM
18. Connor ?

Does that mean Connor who is a development player will become no30 in the squad?

Or is it more likely that Marshke was crook with a cold and wasn’t allowed to play and Connor filled in ?

From memory there has been a couple changes to Development Player rules for 2024?

BUT what is not clear is that if a development player plays round 1 does he have to have been upgraded to the top30?

Development player contracts replaced by “Supplementary list”. $650,000 cap for at least four, maximum six players, paid $80,000, can play from Round 1. Bonus of $3,000 for any NRL game.

Training contracts (train and trial). To rise to $1200 in 2024, $3,000 bonus for any NRL game, can only play NRL from Round 11 (ie after Round 10).

Clubs can promote players aged 17 to top 30 squads but can’t play until age 18.

Top 30 players can seek a release from their contract if dropped below State Cup level.

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Came across this photo of the boys on the central coast just now. Flanno said he’d play his best 20/21 players against manly in the opposed session. Counted 18 players here plus Allan who’s done his acl. Looks like this is our current best 18 players. Interesting to note that rava is the only noted winger in the photo. Looks likely that lomax will be playing on the wing and interchanging with Sloan. View attachment 83795

Based on that photo, Lomax will be packing down in the front row.

Parko1310

Juniors
So if we are basing the likely starting team on the above photo and comments by Flano re Bird and Sloan etc

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mikaele Ravalawa
3. Birdy
4. Moses Suli
5. Zac Lomax
6. Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Francis Molo
11. Jaydn Su'A
12. RFM
13. Jack de Belin

14. Hame Sele
15. Fafita
16. Eisenhuth
17. BMM
18. Connor ?

Does that mean Connor who is a development player will become no30 in the squad?

Or is it more likely that Marshke was crook with a cold and wasn’t allowed to play and Connor filled in ?

From memory there has been a couple changes to Development Player rules for 2024?

BUT what is not clear is that if a development player plays round 1 does he have to have been upgraded to the top30?

Development player contracts replaced by “Supplementary list”. $650,000 cap for at least four, maximum six players, paid $80,000, can play from Round 1. Bonus of $3,000 for any NRL game.

Training contracts (train and trial). To rise to $1200 in 2024, $3,000 bonus for any NRL game, can only play NRL from Round 11 (ie after Round 10).

Top 30 players can seek a release from their contract if dropped below State Cup level.
Any supp player remains so even if they play NRL, they will just get a monetary bonus for each game played. Connor won't be part of the top 30 unless he is essential to fill that last spot because we literally can't sign anyone else. Connor will also play round 1 in my view. Marchske can play hooker but is a half. The reality is we need another hooker below Liddle and Mulheisen, which is what Marchske will technically be. He will play half at cup level, but if there is injury at hooker in the NRL team, he will step up. Also, training photos indicate De Belin will start from the bench, with Sele at 13.

BLM01

First Grade

1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Mikaele Ravalawa
3. Birdy
4. Moses Suli
5. Zac Lomax
6. Flanagan
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Francis Molo
11. Jaydn Su'A
12. RFM
13. Jack de Belin

14. Hame Sele
15. Fafita
16. Eisenhuth
17. BMM
18. Connor ?

"So if we are basing the likely starting team on the above photo and comments by Flano re Bird and Sloan etc"
Stop there.. that is where we all go wrong
Does anyone on this form honestly think Flanno's is letting the world know the make up of the side come R1..now?