What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Trial Games

bluefox68

Staff member
February 17 - Knights - Central Coast

February 23 - Bulldogs - Shark Park (Pointsbet)

The NRL has the stupid fake pre-season competition going, where the winner is the one with more off-loads.

fizman

Bench
It's a Double Header at the NRL's newest home ground.

Roosters v Rabbits
Sharks v Bulldogs

Chimp

Bench
Penrith and Brisbane have been whacked hard for their first 5 - beautiful to see!

Broncos
  1. Roosters (A)
  2. Rabbitohs (H)
  3. Panthers (A)
  4. Cowboys (H)
  5. Storm (A)
Penrith
  1. Storm (A)
  2. Eels (H)
  3. Broncos (H)
  4. Roosters (A)
  5. Sea Eagles

Have we ever had an away game during magicround?
It was explained to me to how it works is, every team that had a "home" game at Magic Round the previous season gets first choice if they want it again the next season.
The Sharks have chosen to keep the home game at Magic Round, in doing so they net approximately 300k for the game.
I'm not 100% sure of the figure but reports in 2019 say 270k, so 300k may be a fair assessment.

shadowboxer

First Grade
It was explained to me to how it works is, every team that had a "home" game at Magic Round the previous season gets first choice if they want it again the next season.
The Sharks have chosen to keep the home game at Magic Round, in doing so they net approximately 300k for the game.
I'm not 100% sure of the figure but reports in 2019 say 270k, so 300k may be a fair assessment.
Until I saw your comment on the CASH $$, I was thinking the old sharks jive insanity of doing the same thing over and over…. But yeah makes sense.

Until I saw your comment on the CASH $$, I was thinking the old sharks jive insanity of doing the same thing over and over…. But yeah makes sense.
From an nrl.com article in 2019:

NRL.com understands that with $2-3 million in game day revenue projected over round nine, each of the eight clubs that have moved home fixtures will receive around a $270,000 boost to their respective bottom lines.

Frenzy.

Immortal
From an nrl.com article in 2019:

NRL.com understands that with $2-3 million in game day revenue projected over round nine, each of the eight clubs that have moved home fixtures will receive around a $270,000 boost to their respective bottom lines.
Well, I daresay it's a fair bit more now. The 2023 Magic Round brought in $28 million to the Qld economy. A big chunk of that will be Game Day money I would say. If clubs taking home games there are not getting 1/2 a mill then something is awry IMO

Well, I daresay it's a fair bit more now. The 2023 Magic Round brought in $28 million to the Qld economy. A big chunk of that will be Game Day money I would say. If clubs taking home games there are not getting 1/2 a mill then something is awry IMO
I was told last year 300k, but I have no proof either way. I don't even know what they got this year.
But yeah, 270k in 2019 should surely mean a good hike up since then.

DJDL

Bench
That's a better incentive that I realized.
I thought it was only around 100k.

Special K

Coach
Yeah we ask the NRL for it to be our home game.

Also f**ken sharks. I was talking to them for a year around upgrading from lower to upper ET. Told no worries mate, we got you. Email on friday, f**k you thank you. This farkeeeen club

SharkShocked

Bench
Yeah we ask the NRL for it to be our home game.

Also f**ken sharks. I was talking to them for a year around upgrading from lower to upper ET. Told no worries mate, we got you. Email on friday, f**k you thank you. This farkeeeen club
The story of how I secured my ET Upper tickets around 10 years ago would surprise and anger many.

As I’ve just kept renewing and lately automatic roll I don’t really have to deal with the membership team anymore. But I hear it hasn’t improved much.

The story of how I secured my ET Upper tickets around 10 years ago would surprise and anger many.

As I’ve just kept renewing and lately automatic roll I don’t really have to deal with the membership team anymore. But I hear it hasn’t improved much.
Do tell. I had seats there for years till we went to kogarah and life just got in the way of going to many matches these days unfortunately.

SharkShocked

Bench
Basically I switched from the Peter Burns after a season where by the end of it I reckon my balls were permanently floating on the seat with the amount of rainy game days.

I did the usual enquire / needed 6 ish tickets. Told it was all booked up nothing free.

Only to get a phone call a few hours later.

“Yeah we found 6 tickets for you. It looks like they have been marked as sold for the last 3 years incorrectly when no one has had them”