What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 World Club Challenge

murraymob

Coach
Looks like a few Wigan bodies will be missing next week after the game against Castleford.

Luke Thompson failed a HIA, so will be out for 10 days.
Kruise Leeming went off with an injury, so wait & see there.
Harry Smith & Kaide Ellis potentially up in front of the disciplinary after challenges that weren't great. Smith got a yellow that could have been red, Ellis got nothing at all on the pitch.

Smith would be a massive blow if he's missing.
Thank you for the updates still think it will a great game both want to win badly

Iamback

Coach
The squad we took really didn't have any shocks in it.

Even Soni Luke was going to be the back up

Bob

Juniors

World Club Challenge 2024: NRL champions Penrith meet English football giants Manchester City​

They’re the dominant forces in their respective worlds, and Penrith have found some common ground in addition to winning bucketloads of trophies and titles.

Matt Encarnacion

less than 2 min read
February 18, 2024 - 10:57AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...f40fb5c0ff10291438d09cebbb81b?amp#share-tools

NRL: Penrith Panthers preparations for the World Club Challenge against Wigan without Jarome Luai.
Six titles in three years.

That’s what was on show when three-time NRL premiers Penrith were welcomed by three-time EPL champions Manchester City at Etihad Stadium on Saturday night.
Just hours after touching down in the UK for next week’s World Club Challenge, the Panthers’ entire travelling party were in attendance for the Blues’ frustrating 1-1 draw with Chelsea.
The three-time EPL title holders tossed out the welcome mat for their rugby league counterparts, with star winger Brian To’o and Mitch Kenny introduced to 50,000-plus crowd before the game.
Penrith Panthers duo Isaah Yeo and Dylan Edwards.

Penrith Panthers duo Isaah Yeo and Dylan Edwards.
Panthers players get ready for the big game. Pic: Instagram

Panthers players get ready for the big game. Pic: Instagram
Co-captain Isaah Yeo and fullback Dylan Edwards were then interviewed on-field at halftime.
“It was really good, a new experience for me,” young playmaker Jack Cole told this masthead.
“I’ve never been to a soccer game. It was pretty cool, a new atmosphere. Pretty crazy seeing a few of them boys in real life.

“I think a few of the boys love Man City because of (Erling) Haaland, he was a big influence on the boys here.”
Cole, who is being strongly considered to wear the No.6 jumper for the injured Jarome Luai, is part of a 23-man squad to fly over for the match against Wigan next Saturday night (next Sunday morning AEDT).
“It should be good. Obviously Penrith hasn’t won a (World) Club Challenge, ever. So it’d be a good challenge. Looking forward to hopefully getting a run,” Cole said.

blue bags

First Grade
The Storm did go hard in past WCC matches however. I think they played Leeds on four occasions. This will be our second against Wigan.

One thing we now share in common with the Storm is a culture of winning (Minus cheating). We won't be copping another loss, especially when it's the last piece of silverware left for this club to win.
I don't remember Panthers ever winning a mid week CUP . As in the Panasonic Cup. Tooheys cup. Or the new preseason CUP
🤔

Fangs

Coach
I don't remember Panthers ever winning a mid week CUP . As in the Panasonic Cup. Tooheys cup. Or the new preseason CUP
🤔

Yes we prefer to drink from those while holding our shields and trophies.

Hopefully by next Sunday we will have one of those coveted cups.

blue bags

First Grade
Meanwhile, premiership-winning hooker Mitch Kenny will be included in the Panthers’ travelling party and will play in the World Club Challenge against Wigan despite being handed a breach notice by the NRL for a social media post.
While the NRL didn’t immediately announce what sanction Kenny has been offered under the terms of the new collective bargaining agreement, the 26-year-old has until Thursday to respond to the breach notice.

However, Kenny will get the green light to feature in the World Club Challenge, a huge boost for a Panthers side already missing Jarome Luai as he recovers from shoulder surgery.

I see your original post has been edited
The original post had World cup challenge 😂
As in . St Helens Saints world club champions
Would challenge the World cup winners. Australian kangaroos.
The world cup challenge 🤣

🤔
Penrith won the pre-season title back in 1968.

I think they made 3 finals of the KB/Panasonic Cup but never won it. They made the final in the first year but got beaten by Western Division.