What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Squad List

OK.

Last time we played the Broncos our middles were Bird, Lawrie, F. Molo, M. Molo, Kerr, and Musgrove. All ran for more meters than the great Stefano in his last outing against the Broncos (last week).

I think Stefano is a good player, but he's not our saviour. He hasn't run for 100m in any of his last 3 games (one of those against us). If our starting prop had a stretch like that, people on this forum would be losing their minds, claiming that he was a reserve grader.
Make that 4 weeks in a row.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I believe Fletcher Sharpe (injured) is the next in line behind Ponga, Armstrong 3rd.

I noticed when we played the Bears in Round 1, Jake Toby tore us an absolute new one..... he is the #3 behind Faalago.. that other bloke tearing it up internationally... that sits behind Meaney and Papa...

This is what I mean when I look at Matt Feagai as our depth behind Sloane.. its madness.. there are so many talented kids out there.. the only reason we probably havent chased them is we wont get them to leave their clubs... unless there is a Top 30 spot and realistic chance of getting the #1 jersey.. and currently we are still on this Sloane train for a 3rd year.

In terms of our own juniors... BRumble and TPH have great potential, but BRumble has barely put a few games together in JF (assume injured) and TPH has got to be 2-4yrs away if they even intend to develop him...
TPH looks too small to me to make it in NRL

Telegraph have just dropped an article saying Blaize Talagi has not taken up his option with Parramatta, and will go onto the open market.
I think he is worth having a look at.
Not much else out there at the moment, but Trey Mooney is definitely worth a look.
Also noticed Nick Cotric is still unsigned for 2025.

Telegraph have just dropped an article saying Blaize Talagi has not taken up his option with Parramatta, and will go onto the open market.
I think he is worth having a look at.
Not much else out there at the moment, but Trey Mooney is definitely worth a look.
Also noticed Nick Cotric is still unsigned for 2025.
Go after them all and see which one takes the bait. It's a bit like that at the moment. All worth a look, particularly Mooney and Talagi as they have not reached their ceiling yet.

Parko1310

Juniors
Thinking we should have a go at bringing Bostock back early for next season. So far, with our geniuses on the board and in recruitment only wanting people "who want to wear the Red V", Bostock would follow the trend of juniors coming back (like Leilua and Sele). He's off contract end of 2025, but Phins could potentially let him go early if he wants to go. They've signed Junior Tupou for next season and beyond, so if they want to use their new signing in first grade, Bostock doesn't have a spot in the backline (Hammer, Tupou, Averillo, Farnworth, Isaako). The only one there Bostock could get over is maybe Averillo, who they have contracted longer than Bostock, so I have my doubts they'd do that.

We've just signed his sister to an NRLW development deal as well. He can move back home close to family, etc. We'll need a winger I think considering we're losing Lomax, so it does make sense for mine. In fact, we get a local junior with some of the same attributes back for just over a quarter of the price. Tall, can play winger and centre, strong. I think it makes a lot of sense.

We can all speculate on here but surely with our continual failure to secure high quality recruits despite having salary cap space, our board should be conducting an enquiry to determine the root cause of this failure.
I would have thought that this was a board function, to address systematic failures of the club? This needs to be addressed ASAP. We certainly don't need a silly kneejerk reaction but certainly need a strategy in place to address this crippling issue. Despite their equally poor performances in previous seasons even the Tigers and Dogs seem to be able to attract blue chip recruits.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The only signing I can see Saints getting is Schuster. Only because everyone is turned off him.

If this guy can get his attitude on track and trims down he could be a good signing but with all signings Saints make will be a huge risk as he can easily go back to old habbits. He is a pretty good player when he wants to. I see him as a typical Flanno signing like Barba was at the Sharks.

I really hope Saints can get in AJ Brimson's ear and somehow get him thinking we have a better chance at making finals than Titans do. That may tempt him. If Foran extends another year it may also tempt him to leave for greener pastures.

TheRev

First Grade
I would love Bostock to return, up there with Robson as the 2 losses that have upset me when he signed elsewhere right before his origin debut.. but he went for a reason.. because there was less competition for spots if he had stayed put, I assume its the pull of Wayne.. but yes happy to chat, maybe he can be homesick..

Inisai Toga

Juniors
We can all speculate on here but surely with our continual failure to secure high quality recruits despite having salary cap space, our board should be conducting an enquiry to determine the root cause of this failure.
I would have thought that this was a board function, to address systematic failures of the club? This needs to be addressed ASAP. We certainly don't need a silly kneejerk reaction but certainly need a strategy in place to address this crippling issue. Despite their equally poor performances in previous seasons even the Tigers and Dogs seem to be able to attract blue chip recruits.
I can only speculate but it seems that other clubs are playing such a vastly different game to us in the recruitment area. Setting players up post career, personality branding, social media, third party sponsorship..whatever…. just seems like where not playing a similar game on and off the field. Don't believe or buy into the victims bull shit and doom and gloom talk but we just don’t seem aligned. Id really be fascinated to know what other clubs do if anyone on the forum has any insight..?
Just pointing the finger towards a high profile or wealthy individual as explaining it away seems a bit superficial imo. We’re still a strong band and great location….I don’t think Saints are a hard sell as people make out. So what are we not doing….?

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes, to me this is needed to be done as soon as possible if it has not already been discussed and investigated by the BOD. Even blind Freddy or a complete dunce would know that something needs to be done about recruitment urgently.

It is panic stations as far as I am concerned as this problem of missing out here and there on guys that we want will get worse because most other teams are doing the same things for the years ahead and opportunities will be lost.

Why are we not able to land any decent players should be high on the Boards agenda?

I would love Bostock to return, up there with Robson as the 2 losses that have upset me when he signed elsewhere right before his origin debut.. but he went for a reason.. because there was less competition for spots if he had stayed put, I assume its the pull of Wayne.. but yes happy to chat, maybe he can be homesick..
Happy to have him back. But it's so much better never letting them go. When you identify players in house you sign them up to cheap contracts and get value for money. For example, we've just paid a lot more for Sele than he was on at Souths. We've missed out on those good value years.

redVinme

Bench
Yes, to me this is needed to be done as soon as possible if it has not already been discussed and investigated by the BOD. Even blind Freddy or a complete dunce would know that something needs to be done about recruitment urgently.

It is panic stations as far as I am concerned as this problem of missing out here and there on guys that we want will get worse because most other teams are doing the same things for the years ahead and opportunities will be lost.

Why are we not able to land any decent players should be high on the Boards agenda?
But then they would have to look to sack their mates. The board is the problem.

I can see the club's statement:

“It is unfortunate that the Dragons have recently missed out on some high-profile recruits, leaving an unfavourable impression of the St George Illawarra board. We therefore hired an independent investigator who has found the board to be innocent of any wrongdoing.”

Independent Investigator: Ex police officer Albert Young

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Thinking we should have a go at bringing Bostock back early for next season. So far, with our geniuses on the board and in recruitment only wanting people "who want to wear the Red V", Bostock would follow the trend of juniors coming back (like Leilua and Sele). He's off contract end of 2025, but Phins could potentially let him go early if he wants to go. They've signed Junior Tupou for next season and beyond, so if they want to use their new signing in first grade, Bostock doesn't have a spot in the backline (Hammer, Tupou, Averillo, Farnworth, Isaako). The only one there Bostock could get over is maybe Averillo, who they have contracted longer than Bostock, so I have my doubts they'd do that.

We've just signed his sister to an NRLW development deal as well. He can move back home close to family, etc. We'll need a winger I think considering we're losing Lomax, so it does make sense for mine. In fact, we get a local junior with some of the same attributes back for just over a quarter of the price. Tall, can play winger and centre, strong. I think it makes a lot of sense.
This.

Should not have been let go to start with...