What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25TH CHARITY SHIELD :: 1 Mar :: Rabbitohs 24 Dragons 20 @ ANZ Stadium

Dragon

Coach
Not a great first half, though Souths played well. Fitness levels look pretty low for the Saints. A good hit out for both teams so far.

Southernsaint

Staff member
43 min: Jason Ryles is penalised for a marginally high tackle - he'll probably get a nine-week suspension for it.

LOL

NthKnight

Gaz is having a whale of a game. Great to see the chin back in form, he'll be doing big things come origin time

Dragon

Coach
Grats Souths. Some good signs there for both teams and no injuries for our boys yay! :p

eels_fan_01

Bench
Not a bad game.

I know its a trial and all of the rest of it but i cant see the Dragons doing anything this year. Souths dominated the first half and i thought it was incredible that they didnt lead by 20, fair credit to the Dragons in the second half.

JB

Juniors
Some high quality tries constructed there. Was pretty impressed with the intesity shown. I think both sides can take something away from that game. I like the Wing/Rogers/Luke/Paea combo for Souths, and how JT used them all. Good signs.

Big Pete

Referee
I found this years Charity Shield to be a rather entertaining tussle. I think both clubs can be impressed by their respective performances while realising that there is certainly room for improvement and additional players to come in.

I was very happy with the performance of Mark Gasnier tonight and I don't think it will be too long until we see him the Sky Blue again. However for mine the players that stood out were the smaller men such as Issac Luke, Rangi Chase and Eddie Paea who threatened to win the game for their respective teams.

Overall enjoyable game and I'm just glad the season is unofficially underway!

Hutty1986

Immortal
eels_fan_01 said:
Not a bad game.

I know its a trial and all of the rest of it but i cant see the Dragons doing anything this year. Souths dominated the first half and i thought it was incredible that they didnt lead by 20, fair credit to the Dragons in the second half.

LOL, we were outplayed in one half of a trial game, thus we "won't do anything this year":lol:

Well played Souths, good luck in 08 ;-)