What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v South Africa @ Seddon Park Hamilton Feb 13-17, 2024

TheParraboy

Staff member

King-Gutho94

Coach
Mitchell is a big loss not so much for this game but if he isn't right for the Aussie series.

I see him as a bit of thorne in that middle order and a guy that isn't intimidated by the Aussies and will score runs.

JJ

Immortal
Williamson and Mitchel both skipping the T20 series with Aust, I believe

JJ

Immortal
RSA won toss and batted 101/5 - O'Rourke and Wagner in for Santner and Jamieson... Henry, Wagner, O'Rourke and Ravindra (2) with the wickets

King-Gutho94

Coach
Neil Wagner is back after not being seen in the side for nearly 12 months.

I assume they are getting him ready for his bunny Smudge next month. He is one bowler that troubled us last time.

JJ

Immortal
I can't be the only person unconvinced by Southee's captaincy, they should have done everything to keep Williamson in the role...

Boult is a huge loss, and tbh I think it's fair to start questioning whether Southee's bowling is either affected by the extra responsibilities, or like Wagner perhaps he near/at/past his use by date...

Rod

Bench
I can't be the only person unconvinced by Southee's captaincy, they should have done everything to keep Williamson in the role...

Boult is a huge loss, and tbh I think it's fair to start questioning whether Southee's bowling is either affected by the extra responsibilities, or like Wagner perhaps he near/at/past his use by date...
It was always an odd choice, but if not Williamson I'm not sure who else would be a good candidate, Latham would have been equally as uninspiring.

I would have been tempted to go Mitchell but who knows if he would want to do it etc.

King-Gutho94

Coach

I think Kane stepped down so he didn't burn himself out with all the leadership responsibilities and keep his batting ticking along. He obviously felt it was best decision for all parties.

But in saying that i am not sure who else could do the role atm. Tom Latham shouldn't be anywhere near the test side despite being in the leadership group.

Is there anyone else that stands out in your eyes for the captaincy to replace southee.

JJ

Immortal
I think Kane stepped down so he didn't burn himself out with all the leadership responsibilities and keep his batting ticking along. He obviously felt it was best decision for all parties.

But in saying that i am not sure who else could do the role atm. Tom Latham shouldn't be anywhere near the test side despite being in the leadership group.

Is there anyone else that stands out in your eyes for the captaincy to replace southee.
I'd have preferred Williamson to drop totally what he calls his third favourite form of international cricket...

Too early for Mitchell, so that's really it - maybe Blundell, Southee is 35 and a pace bowler

242 all out, 4 wickets on debut for O'Rourke and on a hat trick in the second innings