What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v South Africa @ Seddon Park Hamilton Feb 13-17, 2024

King-Gutho94

Coach
Has conway passed 50 since the opening world cup match when he smacked 150 not out.

Thats almost 4 months ago now and about 20 international innings ago.

He looks shot atm.

King-Gutho94

Coach
B2b wickets with Kane & Tom "Marcus Harris" Latham out.

NZ in a bit of a dogfight here.

Middle order feels less stable with no Mitchell in it.

JJ

Immortal
Good fight by the South Africans. They were written off as a z grade pack of gumbies but they've shown some ticker in this game..
they've got ticker, no question - but are shit nonetheless, that was a poor collapse, tbh, and we need to re-establish ourselves... but as you discovered with the Windies, give numpties some confidence and bad shit can happen

Rod

Bench
I'd have preferred Williamson to drop totally what he calls his third favourite form of international cricket...

Too early for Mitchell, so that's really it - maybe Blundell, Southee is 35 and a pace bowler

242 all out, 4 wickets on debut for O'Rourke and on a hat trick in the second innings
Mitchell's 32 and been in the team for 4+ years, that's plenty of time.

JJ

Immortal
Mitchell's 32 and been in the team for 4+ years, that's plenty of time.
Yeah time flies, I like him a lot - I don't think he's captained much or at all, but looks very much a leader (like his old man) - reality is, it was surprising they didn't pick Latham - he probably was a more conservative choice than Southee, but us undroppable (not that I agree, I think he's got issues against quality attacks), Southee's issue is he's near the end of his career, and in reality shouldn't always be in the side dependent on conditions - especially for the bowling attack we're coming quickly to a very very awkward transition period - Boult 'unavailable', Wagner and Southee near the end, Henry not young, Jamieson physically struggling, O'Rourke a kid, and others that have been tried old and not terribly good (Tickner, Kuggelejn etc) - O'Rourke, Sears etc are the future, but when they'll get chances and whether they're ready is difficult to discern

Last edited:
Reactions: Rod

TheParraboy

Staff member
SA 127 runs ahead, 7 wkts left

SA 3/96, Good settled partnership here after being 3/35

Lead of over 200 could be tricky..

Hopefully me man Von Berg can rip through the kiwis

TheParraboy

Staff member
Wagner with the breakthru

Took 36 overs to bring him on to bowl his first over..

SA 4/104
Lead 135

JJ

Immortal
Bedingham looks impressive - mind you, we don't so who could be sure

Meth

Staff member
Philips is one of those crickets who can really make something happen when you need someone to.