What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: South Africa v Australia at Port Elizabeth March 9-13, 2018

Bazal

Post Whore
Yep, the PC brigade piss me off.

Blokes had words and the sky is falling.

FFS

Don't look at me, I couldn't find a shit to give about a war of words.

The fact that Warner had to be physically restrained by his team mates is a poor look though

Reactions: JJ

Fangs

Coach
So who will be the new VC?

Would like it to be given to a bowler for the lols. Starcy has been around long enough.

Fangs

Coach
This is getting past ridiculous, these 2 have given the media more to write about than winning the first test.

Probably necessary considering the shithouse turn out at the ground. Has certainly spiced things up.

jargan83

Coach
What happens on the field stays on the field.

It's when you carry on like a goose off the field and have to be restrained by your team mates that is the issue.

I haven't seen a single article about the actual win but everything is about the Warner/de Kock incident. But I guess articles about the "altercation" generate more clicks.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If SA are going to come back in this series they're going to have to have pitches that suit the pie eater.

Eelectrica

Referee
At this point the whole thing seems staged. Nothing like a bit of controversy to bring in crowds and viewers.

The crowds were shocking in Durban gotta do something to generate interest.

JJ

Immortal
At this point the whole thing seems staged. Nothing like a bit of controversy to bring in crowds and viewers.

The crowds were shocking in Durban gotta do something to generate interest.
Certainly a worthy hypothesis - could well all be a pantomine

I do love the imaginary line, that apparently non-Australians only cross, and only ever when playing against Australia

I reckon there might be script writer somewhere, creating heroes and villains - Indians love Kohli, most everyone else hates him, Aussies love Davey, most everyone else thinks he's a buffoon... then the man-child QDK comes along, Davey explodes - did QDK say something mean, how could he, he's like 12, or is Davey just a buffoon - tune in next week to see what happens

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Pretty ironic that you've used a racial slur used to insult black South Africans (kaffir) whilst implying QDK is racist based on zero evidence.

Have a Bex and a lie down I reckon. You might pop an aneurysm otherwise
Fair call, Quinten is probably not like his forefathers.. Kaffa oppressors.

But they did, f**king wankers.

JJ

Immortal
Test ave 48
ODI ave 43.

he is shyte....

Your bias is showing.
Not shyte - and I am talking tests - his away record in most places is embarrassing - he's good on the flat decks, no mistake

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Great bat was Martin.

Average probably does not do him justice.

Warner can bat too.

JJ

Immortal
Great bat was Martin.

Average probably does not do him justice.

Warner can bat too.
Warner can bat, but he's not a great IMO, nor is he going to be one...

If you simply dichotomise into great or shit, then you must have much broader categories for both - and it can't be on average alone...

Not sure I'd consider Hayden a great, but he's got a much stronger case than Davey - S Waugh, G Chappell, R Ponting, A Gilchrist, N Harvey, A Border - all great, S Smith will almost certainly join that list, Hayden I am not sure of -
M Waugh, D Walters, M Taylor, M Slater, I Chappell, D Martyn, D Warner, M Clarke and many others - pretty f**king good, especially in specific conditions, but not great test bats IMO

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Warner can bat, but he's not a great IMO, nor is he going to be one...

If you simply dichotomise into great or shit, then you must have much broader categories for both - and it can't be on average alone...

Not sure I'd consider Hayden a great, but he's got a much stronger case than Davey - S Waugh, G Chappell, R Ponting, A Gilchrist, N Harvey, A Border - all great, S Smith will almost certainly join that list, Hayden I am not sure of -
M Waugh, D Walters, M Taylor, M Slater, I Chappell, D Martyn, D Warner, M Clarke and many others - pretty f**king good, especially in specific conditions, but not great test bats IMO
Ok sure you are a hard marker.

I would call them all great.

Then there is exceptional,

Bradman.

Sobers, Lara, Tendulkar, AB de Villers, Richards, G Pollock. Hadlee.

Then there is Greatbatch, Every Marsh, Samuels.....f**king long list of shyte.

warner is a great bat. Deny all you like.

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts