What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Manly

Blair

Coach
I was champing at the bit and almost started the thread myself.

3. Harris - thank God for our rock.
2. Johnson - his assists were what kept us in the offence. His field-goal is typical of him this year. It's clinical, 'ice-the-game', Cronk-esque.
1. Dallin - career-best, superlative, form.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3: DWZ - elite finisher and deservedly contender for winger of the year. Iced two quality finishes, created another try for himself out of near nothing, and had plenty of other big moments, AND ran off an injury. Huge game.
2: SJ - the calm eye of the storm in a game where everyone was losing their head a bit.
1: Tohu - Mr 1%. He’s everywhere in all those little effort areas, and it’s great to see him on a try scoring run.

HMs: AFB, Niukore, Berry
DMs: Montoya, Bunty

GoSouths

Juniors
3: DWZ - elite finisher and deservedly contender for winger of the year. Iced two quality finishes, created another try for himself out of near nothing, and had plenty of other big moments, AND ran off an injury. Huge game.
2: SJ - the calm eye of the storm in a game where everyone was losing their head a bit.
1: Tohu - Mr 1%. He’s everywhere in all those little effort areas, and it’s great to see him on a try scoring run.

HMs: AFB, Niukore, Berry
DMs: Montoya, Bunty
x2

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I didn't watch most of the game because I fell asleep, but I'm so heartened to see Berry getting a 3 and other mentions.

I did see the field goal which was a) horribly set up by AFB (why would you fake an injury and slow down the play the ball on a play you know is a FG) and b) so purely iced by SJ. He made it look like he had time, when he really didn't.

DWZ is a f**king freak. Of all our cult heroes in our past, we finally have one that is a genuine star.

You can see all these guys genuinely love being Warriors and experiencing the ride they're on, and play for each other.

Hov

Juniors
3 DWZ
2 Harris
1 SJ

Heartening to see no tries conceded in the 2nd half. Attack still clunky at times with a few basic errors but 29 points against a side desperate to still make the eight is a good result. I think the defensive lapses take the shine off the good attack we do have.

Rich102

Staff member
What won the game for me were the performances from some of the unheralded players.
So for me:
3. Niukore. Was honestly wondering why we bought him. Big effort.
2. Berry. Growing into the role.
1. Lussick. Could prove the be very valuable.

Yeah, and Montoya had a 'mare.

sup42

Juniors
Very enjoyable game.

Tough as expected, we owned the middle.

The last time we started shutting out teams with our defence we went on a run and found our mojo, couldn't have come at a better time, and we have Manly to thank for forcing us into a corner.

Manly are classy for a club with so many players missing from their line up, you can't sit on you laurels against them,

When DWZ constructed his own try by using that hard running he has, and threw in some Mt Smart shuffle, you could see the player that he is becoming, a real weapon every time he touches the ball it is a positive for us.

Those tip ons from Berry....my oh my....