What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Panthers

Meth

Staff member
3- Egan
2- Harris
1- AFB

Meh. Penrith too good.

Gee was shit.

Montoya shit.

Blair

Coach
3. Dallin - it's not just about scoring tries. He had poor service from his centre but kept having to hit the ball up in his own twenty. Made an error or two, I know.

2. Egan - in a hiding I usually give points to a sole try-scorer. The fans need something to cheer about.

1. Monty - not great, I'm well aware. However, he never dropped another bomb after that first howler but Penrith peppered him all day. He also shook up Martin early, which was nice. Like Dallin he had poor service from his centre, more so with it being Pompey.

Really hard to pick as no one stood out and near everyone had issues or didn't play the minutes.
3: Harris
2: Curran (seemed to lift team when came on, but seemed limited time)
1: Egan

Blair

Coach
2: Curran (seemed to lift team when came on, but seemed limited time)...

I could sense the stage was set for a serious comeback win for five or so minutes there. We looked energised, Penrith a little rattled, a bit tired.

But we turned over posession and that was that.

I could sense the stage was set for a serious comeback win for five or so minutes there. We looked energised, Penrith a little rattled, a bit tired.

But we turned over posession and that was that.
Accidental offside penalty that got challenged and bunker wouldn't overturn. Need to go back and get a photo of it.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Accidental offside penalty that got challenged and bunker wouldn't overturn. Need to go back and get a photo of it.
That summed up our day with the refs. Ref called it based on I don’t know what, replay looked more like a Penrith player knocking on into ours but because you couldn’t actually see a clear frame of it hitting his hand they got away with it. Technically the right bunker ruling but still…

That summed up our day with the refs. Ref called it based on I don’t know what, replay looked more like a Penrith player knocking on into ours but because you couldn’t actually see a clear frame of it hitting his hand they got away with it. Technically the right bunker ruling but still…
If we are seeing what they are seeing it is poorly done. Should be able to sink the shots, roll it back and forward on 4-6 angles simultaneously.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Bunker wasn't interested in having more than a couple of looks at it. That was absolutely integral in any chance we had of coming back...yes, I'm not naive enough to think we would've, but that was a shit call. It was so obviously Martin got a touch on it, which had to be forward. Then there was seemingly no interest to check whether To'o got it over the line on the first attempt for the opening try, and no look at whether Turuva's first try he had any part of his body in touch first.

We were shithouse yesterday and would never have won, but the refereeing was mud - and I usually never go down that path.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Anyway...
3. DWZ - So many great carries, and that pass to Egan was one for the ages
2. Harris - So often is, in losses. Says he made 56 tackles on NRL.com, I bet it was more
1. AFB - Line bender

Minus 32 points - Pompey. Typical dozy plays, like running straight into the line for our first disallowed try (shades of the Broncos fulltime fiasco), poor defensive work, setting up Montoya with a hospital pass, and no impact with the ball in hand. I really hope Roger is our left-side centre next year.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
1. Monty - not great, I'm well aware. However, he never dropped another bomb after that first howler but Penrith peppered him all day. He also shook up Martin early, which was nice. Like Dallin he had poor service from his centre, more so with it being Pompey.
NRL.com also has him as 3 tackles made, 6 missed, and another ineffective :D

Rich102

Staff member
3. Egan
2. Harris
1. Curran.

Badly needed a half, make that two.
And size in the forwards!
Small men running is a myth.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I think I had Harris down for 3 penalties conceded. As hard as he worked (as always) that means he had a bit of a shocker tbh. Trying to be positive, you’d have to think that’s an anomaly.

Meth

Staff member
I think I had Harris down for 3 penalties conceded. As hard as he worked (as always) that means he had a bit of a shocker tbh. Trying to be positive, you’d have to think that’s an anomaly.

i can think of 2 of those and I thought they were pretty tough calls. Certainly nothing to worry about with the crusher

vvvrulz

Coach
3. DWZ - Made a lot of hard yards, and several times nearly sparked something out of nothing.
2. Egan - Stuck at it all game
1. Curran - Needs more minutes, it's getting a bit silly that he's not given enough time out there

Mistakes from several boys throughout, and we were a royal mess on the 5th tackle.
Other than that there was plenty of effort from everyone.

TheDMC

Bench
3. Egan
2. DWZ
1. Berry

Might be the only one who thought Berry went well....some great D.

Pompey eww. His stutter in defense was what allowed Cleary through for his try, plus the crap others have pointed out. We needed Volkman in the halves and a Bunty or Ale on the bench.

Newcastle next week - that's our weight division, should be a cracker.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3. Egan
2. DWZ
1. Berry

Might be the only one who thought Berry went well....some great D.

Pompey eww. His stutter in defense was what allowed Cleary through for his try, plus the crap others have pointed out. We needed Volkman in the halves and a Bunty or Ale on the bench.

Newcastle next week - that's our weight division, should be a cracker.
Nah I thought Berry went well apart from not having his eye on the ball when that bomb hit him. He’s developing into a very good centre, hopefully with Roger and young Ali next year Pompey will spend most of the season in NSW Cup where he’ll probably be a superstar. I don’t like hating on Pompey because he clearly puts in 110% but his ceiling just isn’t very high.