What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Raiders

Meth

Staff member
Bloody Croker. Bloody Golden Point

3- Leuluai. Ok, a little bit influenced by how bad he's been- but he was the reason why we were in the game, so credit where credit is due.

2- Fusitua- chimed in well with the backline at times. Scored a crucial try and should have had another. Made a few errors, but borne of enthusiasm.

1-Afoa- continues to make valuable contribution with and without the ball.

HM- Hoffman, Mannering- both of whom I was convinced would get points until the 75th minute.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
At the risk of looking lazy- same as above.
3- Leuluai
2- Fus
1- Afoa

-100 Cappy again for not using Tui til we were 16 points behind. The guy is a gun, he NEEDS to play the 80. I'd be moving Fus to the right wing and playing Tui at FB, Maumalo hasn't done anything much wrong but he's not in the same class.

Blair

Coach
3. Leuluai - that's the player I thought we were getting in 2013. Fast, strong and a great competitor.
2. Lisone - makes powerful, energetic metres, is skillful and dangerous.
1. Luke - any kicker, let alone the side's reserve one, should get a point for landing a sideline conversion on the buzzer.

What a season. I said that towards the end of last year but with totally different meaning. This year it's really exciting and we're playing with heart.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah despite the loss (and the 3 golden point losses!) I'm really pleased with the effort. And of those 3 games it's heartening that we didn't get run down in any of them, we actually fought our way into golden point. If Cappy could just get the message about Tui and give him a start I think then wins will come and we'll make the 8, and I honestly think we can compete.

Meth

Staff member
To be fair, Leuluai was his normal self for about 60 minutes

vvvrulz

Coach

I should also add that Canberra pretty much let him walk right through them, there wasn't anything special about the tries other than urgent running.

Meth

Staff member
I should also add that Canberra pretty much let him walk right through them, there wasn't anything special about the tries other than urgent running.

Yep. However, I noticed in the first half that on one occasion the edge defense came up and a gap looked to have opened up for him, but didn't take it. So I think that he got it right eventually and on two occasions and that's why we were in the game.

A lot of qualifications being offer for the points he got given. In the 70th minute, I was giving it to Hoffman- Afoa- Mannering

Blair

Coach
Yeah despite the loss (and the 3 golden point losses!) I'm really pleased with the effort. And of those 3 games it's heartening that we didn't get run down in any of them, we actually fought our way into golden point. If Cappy could just get the message about Tui and give him a start I think then wins will come and we'll make the 8, and I honestly think we can compete.

If we make the eight we can beat sides like Canberra away from home. Even Brisbane look beatable.

Did anyone else see Kata, deep in his own territory, make that beautiful, perfectly-timed and placed pass to his winger late in the second half?

He can pass.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Yeah, he was. Still, it was him that scored the tries and got us back in the contest. Shaun et al couldnt do it.

3. TL. As per above but from 22-4 down, had the most influence on us getting to GP.
2. Afoa. Real future, t his kid.
1. Fus. Showed he can make an impact at FB and wing, so for the best of the team he should be on the wing. Because Ken is so one-dimensional it ain't even funny, and I think Manu is cooked.

Meth

Staff member
Still, this has been Thomas' best successive 165ish minutes of football in a long time

JJ

Immortal
3. Afoa (biased because of how little 1st grade he's played)
2. Fusitua
1. Mannering
Luke unlucky... the love for Leuluai is fine, he was good and the last two weeks have been his best imo - but Canberra had more to do do with the comeback than any blistering attacking flair from Thomas IMO

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
the love for Leuluai is fine, he was good and the last two weeks have been his best imo - but Canberra had more to do do with the comeback than any blistering attacking flair from Thomas IMO

Yeah, it's kinda like when you see your 6 month old son walk it's amazing but when you see your 25 year old son walk it's like "when the hell are you going to move out Darren??"

Rich102

Staff member
Tough this week.

3. Fusitua. Just looks so safe at the back - unlike when Lolohea is there. Ran for 187m too.
2. Leuluai. Ran with purpose and had the better kicking game.
1. Bunty. Second row/ lock could be his position.

Mannering had a huge game. 45 tackles and 82m.
Lolohea was rocks and diamonds. Was Ayshford injured?

Johnson shouldn't play until fully injury free.

Meth

Staff member
Who replaces Johnson if he doesn't play? We can't afford to rest him IMO.

Yep, if he's fit, he needs to play. remember how well we went without him at this point last year?

In saying that, Lino played the game of his life yesterday.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Last nights game is 1 of the issues I have with Johnson

Great front runner, but when the team is under the pump and needing something from him, he very rarely stands up and produces something. Needs to get a lot tougher mentally, was absolutely nothing wrong with his leg when he scored that great try v the Titans, but when something doesn't go right we see a bit of a limp. He frustrates the hell out of me tbh, need him firing for the kiwis but don't see enough improvement for my liking

Dav0c

Juniors
Last nights game is 1 of the issues I have with Johnson

Great front runner, but when the team is under the pump and needing something from him, he very rarely stands up and produces something. Needs to get a lot tougher mentally, was absolutely nothing wrong with his leg when he scored that great try v the Titans, but when something doesn't go right we see a bit of a limp. He frustrates the hell out of me tbh, need him firing for the kiwis but don't see enough improvement for my liking

Johnson has actually proven himself to be a clutch player on numerous occasions.

If there was nothing wrong with his leg when he scored that try there would have been no need for the fend.