What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1. V Roosters

Bobby Moses

Juniors
lets give ea player 3!
It was indeed a team effort. My one comment is that we have a dynamic line breaking hooker who no one supports. When one of the slowest players, Clarke, is the only one backing up its not good enough. We seem to often punch through the line with no one backing up. Junior had the same lack of support when he burst through the line. Something I reckon we have to fix. It has been happening every week. Great game a very very solid performance by the whole team.

Travitoh

First Grade
It was indeed a team effort. My one comment is that we have a dynamic line breaking hooker who no one supports. When one of the slowest players, Clarke, is the only one backing up its not good enough. We seem to often punch through the line with no one backing up. Junior had the same lack of support when he burst through the line. Something I reckon we have to fix. It has been happening every week. Great game a very very solid performance by the whole team.

It's AJ's biggest fault as a FB

Travitoh

First Grade
Pretty sure AJ saved at least 2 tries in defence though so surely that counts for something. When I watch the highlights it looks like Reynolds was also trying to support but he couldn’t keep up with Cook.

AR only has little legs though :joy:
Defensively, AJ is getting stronger every week no doubt. I believe he is progressing well as a FB but he does need to run support more than he does imo.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
AR only has little legs though :joy:
Defensively, AJ is getting stronger every week no doubt. I believe he is progressing well as a FB but he does need to run support more than he does imo.

Yeah I reckon he would still be getting used to the fitness levels of playing at the back. It’s almost twice the work you have to do compared to the wing. I’m sure Seibold will be highlighting it at training. The boys seem to be getting better every week.

ThingFish

Juniors
Pretty sure AJ saved at least 2 tries in defence though so surely that counts for something. When I watch the highlights it looks like Reynolds was also trying to support but he couldn’t keep up with Cook.
In watching the replay, AJ’s pace in defence was sublime. Cook’s speed out of dummy half is so quick I don’t think there’s anyone in the comp that could go with him off an unprepared standing start. And if you where running through on every tackle just in case Cook went for it you’d be buggered. Now if there was some signal like system they could use, so there’s a heads up by Cook saying “ok I’m going for it” then bam he could have supports ready either side. The trouble is I don’t think Cook even knows he’s going for it until he sees what’s happening in the ruck.

Now the play the ball after Cook makes a 20 metre break. The defence is in disarray, a quick play the ball by Cook to a dummy half in support and then, bam, AJ, GI, and Gags flying through in support. That you can predict. That you can be ready for.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
In watching the replay, AJ’s pace in defence was sublime. Cook’s speed out of dummy half is so quick I don’t think there’s anyone in the comp that could go with him off an unprepared standing start. And if you where running through on every tackle just in case Cook went for it you’d be buggered. Now if there was some signal like system they could use, so there’s a heads up by Cook saying “ok I’m going for it” then bam he could have supports ready either side. The trouble is I don’t think Cook even knows he’s going for it until he sees what’s happening in the ruck.

Now the play the ball after Cook makes a 20 metre break. The defence is in disarray, a quick play the ball by Cook to a dummy half in support and then, bam, AJ, GI, and Gags flying through in support. That you can predict. That you can be ready for.

Yeah there’s no way Cook can signal when he’s going for it. He’ll see the gap and just bolt. It’s all natural to him. However I feel like the players just need to be ready. We’re obviously not used to making this many linebreaks so I assume over time we’ll pick it up. Walker and Arey aren’t the fastest blokes but if anyone can keep up it’s probably AJ as you say. Jennings also has some speed on him.

I've been totalling them on the matchday of our next fixture, for the very reason you mention.

Tom 3
Cook 2
Sutto 1

George and Clarkey just miss out, with the other 12 not far behind.

@Travitoh My mistake mate, I went in on a Tuesday one week and the thread was closed. In hindsight, the previous weeks thread must have been on top, and I didn't read the title properly. My mistake not yours.

Travitoh

First Grade
After 6 rounds

Murray 8
Sam 7
Cook 7
Walker 3
Gagai 3
Kennar 2
Johnston 2
Tom 2
Jennings 1