What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Storm

Blair

Coach
3. Sheck - great metres in a routed side.
2. Vete - powerful twenty minutes just after the break, when we looked OK.
1. Fus - dynamic outwide. No better in the comp, but we can't say, 'when Fus is going good, we're going good'.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. RTS
2. Vete
1. Fus

They pick themselves really, even our losing regular Mannering was poor.
I thought Tevaga put in a lot of effort despite some really dusty hands.

If we take Gelling, Lino or Hiku into September we won't go beyond the first week.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
3. RTS
2. Vete
1. Blair

Just on Blair, he actually had a go tonight. 26 tackles 10 runs. Tried to get the line speed going.

Was just a shit night for everyone. There isn't much more to say besides that. No excuses. Hopefully we start getting some troops back soon. Depth is getting tested

Izz

Bench
Thought Vete was pretty poor myself. But so was everybody.

Positives:

Only our second loss of season
Had a dig in the second half, didn't put the cue away
Melbourne showed us exactly what our weaknesses are so maybe we can go about fixing them. Starting with that edge defense!

Positives:

Only our second loss of season
Had a dig in the second half, didn't put the cue away
Melbourne showed us exactly what our weaknesses are so maybe we can go about fixing them. Starting with that edge defense!

This will show me if we have changes or not.
If Hiku and Gelling picked over other fit centres then nothing's changed. Doubt Beale up for 80mins anytime soon.
Just carry a few to many injuries at the moment.

Iafeta

Referee
I don’t think too many of the issues on Hikus side were because of Hiku. Lino got caught out a couple of times for being extremely slow off the mark. Mannering had a horror read to open up a saloon passage for a try. Fus fumbled one and then came off his wing when we were numbered up perfectly....

For me

3 RTS
2 Luke - odd I know but he had a couple of good runs which was far more than the rest of the bludgers
1 Vete

vvvrulz

Coach
I don’t think too many of the issues on Hikus side were because of Hiku. Lino got caught out a couple of times for being extremely slow off the mark. Mannering had a horror read to open up a saloon passage for a try. Fus fumbled one and then came off his wing when we were numbered up perfectly....

The problem with Hiku is that if someone around him isn't in position and Hiku has to cover him, he'll flub it 99% of the time. He just doesn't have it in him to make that 1:1 tackle. The reverse was happening last week when Hiku was caught out and someone else would come in and bust his balls to save it.

I thought that first Mannering one was mostly Lino; Lino took a huge leap off his mark and Mannering stood there puzzled and didn't scramble. But Mannering lost me big time with the last Storm try, he basically shrugged it off and let the purple run past. It was bizarre coming from him.

vvvrulz

Coach
Just on Blair, he actually had a go tonight. 26 tackles 10 runs. Tried to get the line speed going.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I can't remember those hit ups at all.

Less metres and runs than Vete, Mannering and Papalii; couple of stupid costly errors. Didn't miss a lot of tackles but a lot of his tackles were in general play rather than stopping a barrage of attack.

He gets a pass park but he's not a rookie, I feel underwhelmed.

morningstar

Juniors
3. RTS

*daylight*

Can’t give anymore points out. A few tried hard Tevaga, Vete, Gelling and Fus’s finishing was spectacular, but too many fundamental errors. We were totally out classed.

3 RTS
2 Fus - If Any other winger in our squad was playing last night we lose 50-0
1 Vete

Hon Mentions - Our younger brigade of Vete, Lisone, Tevaga who gave a good dig in the 2nd half and busted their asses off

Latest posts