What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Newlands, Capetown, March 22-26, 2018

stryker

First Grade
I think they'll suspend him for a period of time and then give him the opportunity to make his way back into the team and earn back some of the respect which he lost, I don't think he will ever be captain again
He can never regain what he threw away yesterday. This will cost him millions and a place in cricket history's top eschelon. It is really sad....and for what? a little bit of reverse swing. How humiliating.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Smith will get no penalty from the ICC, they may well change their rules but, so the next bloke cops plenty.

CA has already stripped him of the captaincy, and hopefully he gets more.

I do not farging care what the ECB or RSA or Pakistan do, Cricket Australia needs to lead the world here and punish him for cheating.

blaza88z

Coach
SA declaration? highly unlikely..

They will just bat and bat and bat, for no other reason but to keep Smith and Warner out in the field, they will probably only need a session to knock us over, the last place 3 of our top 4 batsman want to be right now is playing cricket

Mr Spock!

Referee
Is this the first time a captain has been replaced midtest?

I can't remember it ever happening to any team.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
430 needed, Warner and Bancroft up first.

Should be some good sledging from RSA. wish I could hear it.

Wizardman

First Grade
The only sportsman I've ever seen perform well despite negative press and under stress is Shane Warne. Warner, Smith and Bancroft will cave in quickly.

stryker

First Grade
You need to grow up if you don't think everyone else is doing it.

Honestly, Smith should've just denied it like everyone else has done.
I dont give a shit about others. Most of them are dirt poor and playing for their families future. It is understandable to an extent that they may give in to temptation. Our blokes are multi millionaires who decided to cheat for their own ego's. Further more, they dont care.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
cricinfo said:
Salman: "Why Cricinfo is still showing Captain's (c) mark with Steve Smith's name? " fair point. Not sure how we compute this for the sake of our stats database. Arbitrary decisions like this wreak havoc with our algorithms!
Found that interesting,

Latest posts