What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Newlands, Capetown, March 22-26, 2018

There was never going to be a tough penalty from the ICC, they simply don’t have the laws in place for it.

They should change them though. For first offence ball tampering make it a one year suspension. It’ll soon disappear.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I dont give a shit about others. Most of them are dirt poor and playing for their families future. It is understandable to an extent that they may give in to temptation. Our blokes are multi millionaires who decided to cheat for their own ego's. Further more, they dont care.

Faf and Philander aren't dirt poor.

Mr Spock!

Referee
There was never going to be a tough penalty from the ICC, they simply don’t have the laws in place for it.

They should change them though. For first offence ball tampering make it a one year suspension. It’ll soon disappear.

If you think they want that.....I think they're minimal for a reason and that might have to with how one-sided the game is for batsmen.

Just imagine the scenes with Kohli getting a one year ban......

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
cricinfo said:
Pieter: "My son did a science project last year at school and determined that the ball swings an extra ball width with treated saliva compared to a roughed up ball. Bowled almost 550 balls to come to that conclusion. Science behind it is not NASA level, it should be studied by ICC and understood." Can I borrow your son's brain please?
So science says cheating with mints is worse than sandpaper......Faf, Kholi and the poms cheat better;

Eelectrica

Referee
Bancroft recieving about the same penalty as Faf did for the lolly incident. Seems fair. Consistant at least.

Don't mind Smith copping a match ban either. As captain it was up to him to shut it down.

Channel nine and other ACA sponsors will determine Smiths fate I'd guess.

Hope he's not lost to test cricket though. That would be a real tragedy from this stupidity.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Bancroft recieving about the same penalty as Faf did for the lolly incident. Seems fair. Consistant at least.

Don't mind Smith copping a match ban either. As captain it was up to him to shut it down.

Channel nine and other ACA sponsors will determine Smiths fate I'd guess.

Hope he's not lost to test cricket though. That would be a real tragedy from this stupidity.
Sponsors wont want to be losing smith and warner.

Fangs

Coach
I reckon he’ll lose the captaincy, that’s it.

There’s 6 months until the next test, they’ll reason that’s tough enough. I’d like to see more though.

Hard to say until the investigation is complete. Lehmann will be shitting bricks.

If we are serious there will be new coaches in place this summer

JW

Coach
Sutherland will likely do just enough to satisfy the negative media/public sentiment. I'd say one or both of Smith and Warner will lose their leadership positions, perhaps with a accompanying fine on top of what the ICC has dished out. I'd be surprised if CA went any harder.

Hard to say until the investigation is complete. Lehmann will be shitting bricks.

If we are serious there will be new coaches in place this summer

Lehmann I think will be shown the door if he knew of the plan, but I honestly don’t expect much more than the loss of captaincy for Smith.

Latest posts