What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations 2016

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Well, let me be the first to say it. We were crap tonight. Really really bad. The forwards bar Taupau, didn't look like they wanted to be there. No one took any hit ups, the backs ended up making more hit ups than the forwards. Johnson can't do anything between a badly beaten pack, and the backs weren't able to offer anything. SKD had a shocker of a game. We just never looked likely.

In saying that, we have so much upside in our game and we will improve. We play 2 more games before playing Australia again, so we're definitely going to improve.

They were pretty average I thought, they'll be better next time we play too but yeah, overall disappointing effort from everyone.

If we play like that against Scotland I think we'd struggle

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I'm writing off Scotland because I only recognise two names in their team.

I'm looking forward to England play. I'm not sure if his first names Owen or Liam but that Farrell looks ok. A few new names but I'm more interested in Wayne Bennetts structures.

England are the smokies for sure. We played like mud and with a half that goes AWOL and forwards not playing the full 80 (They were okay in the 1st Half) we need to stand up or we are screwed

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Well, let me be the first to say it. We were crap tonight. Really really bad. The forwards bar Taupau, didn't look like they wanted to be there. No one took any hit ups, the backs ended up making more hit ups than the forwards. Johnson can't do anything between a badly beaten pack, and the backs weren't able to offer anything. SKD had a shocker of a game. We just never looked likely.

In saying that, we have so much upside in our game and we will improve. We play 2 more games before playing Australia again, so we're definitely going to improve.

They were pretty average I thought, they'll be better next time we play too but yeah, overall disappointing effort from everyone.

If we play like that against Scotland I think we'd struggle

With the tin foil hat firmly in place I thought this may have been a tactical loss...think about it. Aussie wanted a second one-off test after the last one we lost. Why? It involved NZ travelling way more than them if you take into account getting there from NZ, over to Perth, back to AK then on to the UK. Not heaps but every little bit has an effect.
As a practice, warm-up, momentum-building game? Pffft... they may have taken it seriously (did they?) but I think they thought we might & go for it, risk injuries etc for a nothing game.
I think Kidwell could've worked the backs so it wasn't a total pushover & he wanted to look at a few things but I think the game plan was not to put everything at risk...
Can you think of any other reason Taumololo was kept off. While we are all hooking into Kidwell for his interchange he was looking after the main weapons, giving the Aussies a false sense of confidence,
Anyway, that's my story lol & I'm sticking to it!

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Kidwell...he was looking after the main weapons, giving the Aussies a false sense of confidence,
Anyway, that's my story lol & I'm sticking to it!
Interesting. If the Kiwis win the 4 nations, you could feel vindicated with your story but will Kidwell claim that was his plan. I know youre only hypothetically speaking but if youre right, then you'd probably sniff out cancer if you wanted.

Despite the 20 point defecit win, the Roos wont be massive favourites when the two meet again this year so it was a nothing game especially in retrospect and seen as we lost lol. Still, I wanted us to win that game.

I reckon if Perenara is reffing in the 4 nations, under the international rules regarding punch ups, and him being a former player himself - he'd probably wont sin bin anyone for it. Not sure if hes reffing anyway but dont suprised if punch ups go unpunished! YEAH! Its hardmans game, not for the sensitive.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/10/punching-no-auto-sin-bin-for-four-nations/

We really don't need that stuff in our game. It will make us use energy we need to concentrate on the game itself.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
We really don't need that stuff in our game. It will make us use energy we need to concentrate on the game itself.
You're right. When a fight starts up though...I dont know anybody that covers up the screen in censorship or changes channel. My peeps tend to get out of our seats and start punchin the air and yell 'knock him out' lol.

Last edited: