What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4nations | Australia v England | aami park | sun 2nd nov

roughyedspud

Coach
lets get things rolling...

england will mark 100 years since the famous "rorke's drift test" by wearing a special jesery

25938.jpg

are australia going to wear anything special?? i think they wore the maroon & blue jersey back in 1914??

roughyedspud

Coach
uk bookies have the betting at $1.36 for australia & $3.00 for england

don't think ive ever seen it as close?

bedlam breakout

Juniors
would love to see us win this one, but am afraid in reality Australia don't lose 2 in a row and I have a feeling we will be getting the backlash of last Saturday here, I realy hope im wrong though

byrner

Juniors
I hope u guys win. We have a second rate team playing and it will be good to see us not in a final.

deluded pom?

Coach
would love to see us win this one, but am afraid in reality Australia don't lose 2 in a row and I have a feeling we will be getting the backlash of last Saturday here, I realy hope im wrong though

It must be 1978 since Australia lost two on the bounce. Unbelievably to our younger viewers it was a 2-0 loss to France.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
What's with the beading across the chest?

It's the names of the players from said test.

I was pretty indifferent when tickets for this were announced, but so glad I gone one- the possibility of putting Australia out is too enticing.

Can be a good atmosphere in AAMI with a good crowd. Long weekend too - win or lose there's always booze! Looking forward to some banter

roughyedspud

Coach
hes not in about the names...in the video that shirt has little gel-like dots on the chest...somekind of grip aid

Indelible

Juniors
It's the names of the players from said test.

I was pretty indifferent when tickets for this were announced, but so glad I gone one- the possibility of putting Australia out is too enticing.

Can be a good atmosphere in AAMI with a good crowd. Long weekend too - win or lose there's always booze! Looking forward to some banter

Any media talk down there or are you hearing about some numpty AFL player who stubbed his toe while on holiday

RoosTah

Juniors
Surprised the Kangaroos have got such favourable odds after their inept first up performance... We looked like the bloody Wallabies more than the Kangaroos.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Any media talk down there or are you hearing about some numpty AFL player who stubbed his toe while on holiday

None whatsoever. Local issue of the Age has AFL (ASADA), Horsey shit, AFL (coach appointment), cricket, horsey shit, AFL, cricket, AFL, horsey shit, cricket, AFL, A league headlines before any mention of League and that is all about Perry leaving Manly, Gallen's indescretions and Watmong going to Para

I would say 99% of Melbournians have no idea the tournament is being played, let alone coming to the city

Scubby

Juniors
If England are ahead at half time the Aussies may get the wobbles and start panicking. A lot of these guys aren't used to playing at test level let alone being the first Kangaroos to get humiliated. They have no success or failure to measure it against.

Scubby

Juniors
Sadly I think we're more likely to see England go behind early through nerves and poor mistakes and never get close.

2010 in Melbourne England were awful in the first half. Archer didn't help. We can't play that badly again.

Can you believe we had Sean O'Loughlin and Luke Robinson at half back for that game? :/

roughyedspud

Coach
no pressure on us at all,we get another crack if we lose..you lot don't......im across all the aussie media,newspapers & radio....and its all on the aussies